• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
people keep mentioning the change in the aspect ratio.

and i was like, damn, i guess i dont have that good of an eye for those things, i didnt see anything out of the ordinary.

put the episode again.

and O MY FUCKING GOD.

came to the realization that i was so into the episode watching that the change totally went over my head. LOL

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome opener. Simple story told effectively with a great group of characters and some killer action.

Lots of nods and pulls from lore not just from the films.

I'm so into it.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I completely agree with this:

At least with their Star Wars and Marvel shows, if you're going to have weekly releases then you should make them an event instead of a midnight on Friday thing.

Amazing, would love nothing more than having this show drop at 3AM on a Monday morning.

No wait, that would actually suck ass.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Holy shit just give Favreau a blank check and let him do anything he wants with the SW ip. Him and filoni new Star Wars trilogy? What more could you ask for?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing, would love nothing more than having this show drop at 3AM on a Monday morning.

No wait, that would actually suck ass.

8-9pm where? She needs to step out her twitter bubble.

I don't think her specific date is the point (though that would match up with a lot of shows that come out on Sunday). I think the point she's trying to make is for a more reasonable release time that reaches the widest audience for biggest immediate impact and live reaction/discussion.

It's obviously a double edge sword because no matter when you do it it's going to be an awkward time for a group(s). Like this morning for the people in the eastern and central time zone of the US who saw it at 3/2 AM their time.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think her specific date is the point (though that would match up with a lot of shows that come out on Sunday). I think the point she's trying to make is for a more reasonable release time that reaches the widest audience for biggest immediate impact and live reaction/discussion.

It's obviously a double edge sword because no matter when you do it it's going to be an awkward time for a group(s). Like this morning for the people in the eastern and central time zone of the US who saw it at 3/2 AM their time.
Netflix, Amazon and Disney all drop their new shows at a similar time and seems to work for them. Having all weekend for everyone to watch their content seems better than dropping at a convenient time for 1 time zone and when all the others have to go to bed for work/school.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Ok why is everyone saying that was Boba at the end? I didn't se anything about this in the episode That alluded to it?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix, Amazon and Disney all drop their new shows at a similar time and seems to work for them. Having all weekend for everyone to watch their content seems better than dropping at a convenient time for 1 time zone and when all the others have to go to bed for work/school.
Then move it by 24 hours or to a North American Friday evening.

Because that scenario you just said of people having work or school the next morning is a thing where it's currently at.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok why is everyone saying that was Boba at the end? I didn't se anything about this in the episode That alluded to it?

-He was played by Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett (whom Boba is a clone of)
-The entire episode was about armor worn by Boba Fett
-He looked scarred, which could be bounty hunting, sarlacc acid, or both
-He was watching Mando take off with the Fett armor and looked pretty pissed
-Most previous versions of the canon have Boba Fett surviving somehow
-Most other clones of Jango have accelerated aging and would be much older

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes but who is temuera morrison. The original actor who played him?

The actor of Jango Fett, who all the clones and Boba are based off of:
742c82b4ebb7653496fec736afd6ea6a.jpg

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the S2 trailer, I'm wondering if the boba fett cliff hanger will be addressed next episode or wait until S3 to be explored. I'm not sure where Fett would fit in with the next few episodes

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Finally saw it! TimmyO in the first episode!

Right? When he took off the helmet, I started beaming

Also got a big kick out of Mando basically sending Cobb away like Han sent Boba flying.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Yeah, that's how you do a callback. Everything in the prequels and sequels is fucking hamfisted. The Mandalorian team is working on a whole other plane than the rest of the Star Wars universe.

Oct 25, 2017
people keep mentioning the change in the aspect ratio.

and i was like, damn, i guess i dont have that good of an eye for those things, i didnt see anything out of the ordinary.

put the episode again.

and O MY FUCKING GOD.

came to the realization that i was so into the episode watching that the change totally went over my head. LOL

I noticed the black bars slowly coming back and did a double take heh

Same as in the Dark Knight DVD

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I completely agree with this:

At least with their Star Wars and Marvel shows, if you're going to have weekly releases then you should make them an event instead of a midnight on Friday thing.

The premise of that tweet - that The Mandalorian isn't event TV - is false. It absolutely is.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I can't stop thinking about Temuera Morrison back in Star Wars. Even after all the leaks and rumors, part of me didn't believe they'd really go there... but they did. And he looks amazing.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
honestly, boba fett FINALLY having something that justifies the love people have for him is great.

🤷‍♂️

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
One thing I really appreciated was the nods to AOTC with the Mastiffs. Plus the pod racer engine too to TPM. They're using the whole turkey and it's great.

I was like 50/50 on the monster turning out to be the Dune Worm from Super Star Wars for a bit because of all the deep cuts they'd been doing up to that point.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I really appreciated was the nods to AOTC with the Mastiffs. Plus the pod racer engine too to TPM. They're using the whole turkey and it's great.

I was like 50/50 on the monster turning out to be the Dune Work from Super Star Wars for a bit because of all the deep cuts they'd been doing up to that point.

They also had nods to ROTJ (Fucking with Cobb's jet pack similar to what Han did), R5 with the bad motivator too

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
It's funny that the single street town reminded me of Perfection before the worm came tunneling through.