• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Boba's armor was actual Mandalorian armor, just painted. (Despite them not being actual Mandalorians). I assume Din Djarin is keen enough not to waste his time with a ripoff. I assume he plans to return it to whatever remains of his people.

No idea about Mandalore, but there's a good chance the empire has done bad stuff to it. I get the sense it will be addressed this season.

As for the Jedi, it doesn't seem like Luke's status is super well-known throughout the galaxy yet.
I believe Boba's armor is beskar.

And it sounds like the Empire left Mandalore in ruins, but I like to think we'll eventually head there at some point.
Really? I thought that was a Legends thing. Guess I got confused.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
That was some damn good Star Wars.

Rewatched it as soon as it ended. Can't remember the last time I did that with a TV show.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
They adjust the aspect ratio so you know where they spent their money. God damn. This show still kicks ass.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good shit

everyone mentioned KOTOR, but all I could think of was Krayt hunting in SWG

I completely agree with this:

At least with their Star Wars and Marvel shows, if you're going to have weekly releases then you should make them an event instead of a midnight on Friday thing.

yup

Oct 26, 2017
Jango was not a Mandalorian from my understanding, and Boba inherited his armor

Oh and its cool the skeleton from ANH was what this creature was

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the episode. Off to a fantastic start and I was on the edge of my seat cuz of the suspense. Boba Fett is gonna want his armor back.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fun episode. Still, nothing incredibly mind-blowing, but still a whole lot of fun.

There is still a massive quality gap between the different scenes. Sometimes it looks cinematic, other times it looks like a student film. Same with the CGI, sometimes it looks incredible, other times it's embarrassingly bad.

The battle against the Krayt dragon looked incredible though. Top-quality CGI and very interesting to see the show go from 21:9 to 16:9 for that segment. It's a look that fits the show a bit better and they should honestly keep it at 16:9. It looked very good. Plus the fact that they, I think, aren't actually shooting the series with anamorphic lenses but cropping in on spherical footage is one of the contributors to why the show sometimes looks amateurish.

The show keeps remaining its video game as well lol. Massive KOTOR vibes with the whole hunting the Krayt dragon. And the speed shot bikes of Mando looked like video game loading screens. Especially the second time around when the Boba Fett guy drove into the frame it reminded me of a Destiny loading screen.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
That Krayt Dragon was some of the best CGI work I've ever seen. I kept thinking it might actually be a puppet of some kind.

I wonder if Boba remembers Yoda as I like to think Boba did some research into the current Order when his Father died and so seeing his species will spark some unpleasant memories.

I can see this. Depending on how often Yoda visited the senate, Boba, Luke, and Ezra might be the only people still alive who saw him. And maybe Mas Amedda if he's alive but in jail? Boba likely saw him on some kind of security cam during Geonosis before things really hit the fan.

At least for characters we know the names of.

Had he actually met Boba and gotten along, it'd be super weird for him to have gotten sent to Luke, who Boba 100% knows is a Jedi.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't resurrecting both Maul and Fett go against Lucas' original intent?

Bringing Maul back was 100% a Lucas idea. Filoni was even against it at first I think, or wasn't sure how to make it work.

Is a shame that a lot of books seems to be non canon despise existing a group in charge of maintain consistency in canon.
Both Cobb and Ahsoka in EP3 were heavily altered.

?

That Krayt Dragon was some of the best CGI work I've ever seen. I kept thinking it might actually be a puppet of some kind.

I can see this. Depending on how often Yoda visited the senate, Boba, Luke, and Ezra might be the only people still alive who saw him. And maybe Mas Amedda if he's alive but in jail? Boba likely saw him on some kind of security cam during Geonosis before things really hit the fan.

At least for characters we know the names of.

Had he actually met Boba and gotten along, it'd be super weird for him to have gotten sent to Luke, who Boba 100% knows is a Jedi.

You forgot Ahsoka. Out of the currently alive characters she would have known Yoda best.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
A couple of thoughts:

Boba's armor is not made out of Beskar right? It's just moulded into a the form of a Mando armor like Jango's?
So does it mean that it technically doesn't have much value aside from the reputation that has been built from Boba's use?
And what does Djinn plan to do with it if it isn't Beskar? Does if try to deliver it back to its original owner (Boba)? Because there is no point of melting it down for himself since it's not Beskar right?

Another thing that I want to know if the state of Mandalore in the current timeline. Couldn't Djinn just go directly to Mandalore to find "other" Mandos? Or does he not know of the existence of Mandalore somehow? Or Mandalore is already blown up by one of the Death Stars? Or maybe it turns out that Mandalore is no longer inhabited by Mandos anymore in the current timeline somehow?

Heck, if the end goal is to look for a Jedi, it would've been easier to just contact the New Republic directly instead of jumping through hoops like what he is doing right now imo.

For the Republic, he's likely a wanted felon. His best case scenario is somehow getting a meeting with Luke or Leia directly, but it's worth noting they've got no clue where Yoda came from so it's not exactly what he was sent to do.

I don't think we know what's happened to Mandalore? Could be the people left en mass after the empire took over or they were so thoroughly enslaved that only the groups that lived off world could continue the traditions. Also worth noting he was saved by people apparently in Death Watch, so it's possible he'd either not be welcomed or they kept certain truths from him.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
They could just as easily say that the dude Windu decapitated was someone else wearing Jango's armor. Would make arguably more sense than Boba somehow escaping the Sarlaac.
Well, Jango did have a million other guys that look just like him.

So, he could have had a clone swap places with him, and since the clones are not as good as Jango thats why he was taken out so easily.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed the episode! Loved how they stayed true to some Star Wars lore like the Krayt pearl. I also have to wonder if Timothy's "look" was a nod to the pre-prequels unmasked Boba Fett. Sure looked like him!

Cant wait for more!!

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Based on my avatar, I'm just going to assume Raylan Givens ended up on Tattoine after getting tired of Harlan.

Oct 25, 2017
Between this week's Discovery and Mandolorian, this has been a real good week for some Star Trek-ass Star Trek, and Star Wars-ass Star Wars.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic episode!

Thought I accidentally pressed the zoom button on my remote for a second.

Oct 25, 2017
Vanth pulling up beside Mando on his speeder is one of my my favorite shots from the series.
Like it feels comedic yet badass and is even an easteregg.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Loved it!

They took a classic SW backdrop and told their own little story in it. That's what I wanna see more of.
Also Olyphant is a cool dude.

Also just discovered that Disney+ has a Watch party function now? That's fantastic!
Hopefully Netflix follows suit - will be of great use during the lockdown.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ah man, that was awesome! Can't wait for next week!

So does someone know the canonical timeline of the whole Jango/Boba being a Mandalorian or not? I mean we al know he just started as a bounty hunter (before he was a clone of Jango)...but I vaguely recall Boba was already called a Mandalorian before the prequels... or am I mixing stuff up? It always felt like he was a Mando, but then he was a clone of a Mando, and then even that Mando wasn't a Mando :P

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

A fun, heartwarming twitter thread from W. Earl Brown, who played the Weequay bartender in this episode (Formerly of Deadwood with Timothy Olyphant, and Bill in the Last of Us). It's worth clicking through to read the whole thing.

This is just great to read through :D
He's one of my favorites from Deadwood and it's great to see him popping up in things that I like.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the premiere, the speeder stuff still doesn't look as good as the other FX.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
This was a nice one, except for the last scene.

These guys have gained the right to do whatever they desire and I'll be curious to see what they do with him, but Boba being alive was already lame in the old EU. I really hoped Temura would be in for Rex, not this.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Finished episode 1.

Excellent stuff!

Star Wars Seth Bullock is something I didn't know I wanted, but I'm here for it!

5JJz.gif

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Happy that I managed to go from episode 8 to 9 with just a week of waiting. One advantage of a late launch.

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the premiere, the speeder stuff still doesn't look as good as the other FX.
I think the issue with the speeders is that some shots without reference look good but something like the cruise through town doesn't because it's on the stage and they can't easily tow it through the scene or something.

Doesn't really bother me though.