• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The entire plan I was thinking "load up a bantha with explosives and blow it up from the inside" and then they finally did it.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also the widening of the aspect ratio and the cut to Cobb's face with the slow push was just perfection.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ did I just watch a movie that was insane.

AND YES THE BOBA FETT REVEAL AT THE END

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I want a Cobb Vanth action figure and tv show.

What a fantastic episode.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Thought the premiere was great. Really cool seeing the villagers cooperate with the Tusken Raiders in a battle against a rad sand worm.
I hope they do great things with Boba Fett's return.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Though I'm surprised others loved it, since it was the exact same formula as the episodes of season 1 people didn't like, but with a bigger budget.
Visually it was insane, if they keep this up for the whole season my jaw is not gonna leave the floor.

Major fan-service episode loved it. Specially the KOTOR reference.
I missed that one. What was it?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Though I'm surprised others loved it, since it was the exact same formula as the episodes of season 1 people didn't like, but with a bigger budget.
Visually it was insane, if they keep this up for the whole season my jaw is not gonna leave the floor.

I missed that one. What was it?
Krayt Dragon Pearl.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode Was amazing. Enjoyed the new take on the Krayt. They made sure to keep the head similar enough to older interpretations. Anakin's Podracer engine etc. lots of great little Easter eggs here and there. Felt like the old SWG days going Krayt hunting to find Krayt pearls for a lightsaber etc.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Some wild looking weapons Boba had at the end. I want him to confront Mando but seems like bad timing. He'd have had it way easier with the Marshall.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was great. Much much better than the first season standalones imo. it was actually normal TV episode length (Hour long). Had a good primary guest star. and even though the story was a bit basic, it was really well executed. Feels like somehow the budget got an even further increase too. pretty happy with it. The episode kinda felt like Star Wars Monster Hunter.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Sam Hargrave (Extraction and MCU fight coordinator) was 2nd unit this season and you can really see the improvement in fight choreography.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, that was a really solid and entertaining episodes. And this is coming from someone who was lukewarm to the first season.

Solid adventure-of-the week story that had time to breathe, the right Star Wars atmosphere (something the first season sometimes missed imo) and it didn't have the 'filmed on a soundstage' effect some of the S1 episodes suffered from. Seems like it also helps to partner your dull, faceless protagonist with a good sidecharacter. Lots of fan service again, but mostly the good small winky kind, not the kind that draws all attention to itself.

Not to fond of the Boba reveal though. Really wish they would keep characters actually dead. Though I'm curious where they'll take it.

Let's hope the whole season can keep up to this level and doesn't turn into the uneven mess S1 was.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
R5-D4.
Podracer speederbike.
Boba Fett.
A KOTOR quest.
John Leguizamo.
Vibroblades.
Timothy fucking Olyphant.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be interesting. Lucas was adamant Boba and Jango were not Mandalorians. Jango liked to sell himself as one but the leaders of Mandalor outright stated he was not one of them as well. Storygroup after purging legends said they were not Mandalorian too. Wonder if they are giving in now and making the Fetts Mandalorian. Would be odd because Filoni points out they are not Mandalorian in the set features for clone wars regarding building mandalore.

Oct 25, 2017
Some wild looking weapons Boba had at the end. I want him to confront Mando but seems like bad timing. He'd have had it way easier with the Marshall.
Nope Boba's equipment at the end was Tuscan Raider stuff
he had the stick thing and a cycler rifle
latest

Also of note on rewatch of the scene he has the spur sound effect the mystery person in S1 had that Boba had originally.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Its going to be interesting. Lucas was adamant Boba and Jango were not Mandalorians. Jango liked to sell himself as one but the leaders of Mandalor outright stated he was not one of them as well. Storygroup after purging legends said they were not Mandalorian too. Wonder if they are giving in now and making the Fetts Mandalorian. Would be odd because Filoni points out they are not Mandalorian in the set features for clone wars regarding building mandalore.
I don't see them going back on that. Aside from Filoni being a strict "George is law" guy, it's an obvious source of conflict that's been clearly setup with this episode. In terms of broad storytelling utility, the whole Cobb side quest establishes Mando's strict traditionalist views on Mandalorian armor, believing it to be worth fighting to the death over preventing a non-Mando from wearing it, and provides Cobb as an honorable juxtaposition to Boba.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand

Clearly that there something between Jango and Almec. Obi1 make a face after hear like "Nah, I don't buy it"

Jango fight Mandalorian style, at least that means he was trained by some clan.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Another Western themed episode and STILL no references to Cowboys & Aliens. Im disappointed in you Jon.

I did like that they fleshed out the Tusken people more. Make them more than just a meme from the first movie.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I never expected to see a Krayt Dragon in live action Star Wars, loved it! Hoped they would show its full size, but damn it was big regardless. Nice little touch to have the Tuskens go ham over the Krayt Dragon Pearl. Really really enjoyed this first episode (and that obviously was Boba Fett in the last shot).

Pezking

Oct 25, 2017
Now it makes even less sense that they've changed Obi-Wan's scream to scare away the Tuskens in the 2004 DVD version of the Special Edition ANH from Krayt Dragon to Boga (the lizard he's riding in pursuit of General Grievous).

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Good episode, don't know why Mando was being a weirdo about Cobb wearing the armor. He clearly needs it to defend his town and what's Mando gonna do? Shoot him and get a bounty on his head?

I really hope someone sets him straight on this dumb traditionalist crap