• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite moment of Season 2!

• Din and Cobb Vanth take on the Krayt Dragon

Votes: 61 5.5%
  • Din, Bo-Katan and her Mando allies storm the Imperial freighter

Votes: 37 3.3%
  • Ahsoka reveals the child's name and the mystery of the Force to Din

Votes: 119 10.7%
  • Boba Fett reacquires his armour

Votes: 89 8.0%
  • Mayfeld snaps and kills his old commander, Valin Hess

Votes: 234 21.0%
  • Slave 1 drops a seismic charge

Votes: 52 4.7%
  • Luke Skywalker comes to the rescue

Votes: 521 46.8%

• Total voters

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
banner3d9jsj.png

crew_texts5j2u.png

crewkijq8.png

cast_text7uk02.png

mando_synrcj7t.png

sch_text9sktp.png

sched1_29rkfi.png

greef_textbhkmx.jpg

prev_textckkjz.png

mando_kuill1hj99.png

mando_mudaujo4.png

cckpitzzjxy.png

mando_impsnhkkh.png

mando_igmqjls.png

mando_darksaberigkr4.png

saber_head4fj97.png

vizsla6gjyb.png

maulv7j82.png

saber2jsk96.png

media_header6bk83.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
- - TEXT ONLY --

CREW

Created by Jon Favreau
Based on characters by George Lucas
Music by Ludwig Göransson
Executive producers: Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kenedy & Colin Wilson

CAST

Pedro Pascal as Din Djarin
Carl Weathers as Greef Carga
Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon

Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth
Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett
Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze
Amy Sedaris as Peli Motto
Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano
Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand
Bill Burr as Migs Mayfeld

"The songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore the Great and an order of sorcerers called Jedi that fought with such powers. You have no choice. You must reunite it with its own kind. This is the Way."

SCHEDULE

Chapter 9 - October 30th
Written & Directed by Jon Favreau

Chapter 10 - November 6th
Written by Jon Favreau & Directed by Peyton Reed

Chapter 11 – November 13th
Written by Jon Favreau & Directed by Bryce Sallas Howard

Chapter 12 – November 20th
Written by Jon Favreau & Directed by Carl Weathers

Chapter 13 – November 27[SUP]th[/SUP]
Written & Directed by Dave Filoni

Chapter 14 – December 4[SUP]th[/SUP]
Written by Jon Favreau & Directed by Robert Rodriguez

Chapter 15 – December 11[SUP]th[/SUP]
Written & Directed by Rick Famuyiwa

Chapter 16 – December 18[SUP]th[/SUP]
Written by Jon Favreau & Directed by TBA

PREVIOUSLY...

Orphaned during the Clone Wars and subsequently raised by Mandalorians, Din Djarin operates as a bounty hunter in the Outer Rim following the fall of the Empire. After accepting a lucrative job offer from a suspicious client, the Mandalorian forms an unlikely alliance with the Ugnaught Kuill and the assassin droid IG-11 on his journey to the target: a fifty-year old child of unknown origin. Before IG can kill the child, Djarin fries the droid and takes the child.

Upon returning to his ship, Djarin discovers it has been stripped for parts by the native Jawas. He agrees to retrieve a mysterious egg from a nearby cave in exchange.

A battle with the cave's occupant - a vicious Mudhorn – leaves Din defeated and accepting his fate. But in a miraculous move, the child uses the Force to trap the Mudhorn, permitting the Mandalorian to land the killing blow. With Kuill's help, the Razor Crest is repaired and Djarin returns to Nevarro with the child, and with a big decision to make.

Despite having second thoughts, Djarin delivers the youth as promised and is rewarded with a camtono of beskar. Protected by a new set of armor, he prepares to leave the planet for his next job, but ultimately has a change of heart. Killing every stormtrooper in his path, Djarin rescues the child and attempts to flee Nevarro. However, their path is blocked by bounty hunter guild leader Greef Karga. As Djarin is about to be overwhelmed, members of his clan arrive to turn the tide and give the duo time to escape.

Following several failed attempts to stay out of trouble, Djarin and the child return to Nevarro after receiving an offer from Karga: join forces and kill the client. Sensing a trap, Djarin calls upon Kuill and former shock trooper Cara Dune. A reprogrammed IG-11 also joins them despite Djarin's objections.

After entering the town, their true enemy reveals himself: Imperial Moff Gideon, with a small army at his command. Gideon shoots down the client and demands to know the location of the child. Meanwhile, Kuill is killed as he attempts to take the child to safety.

Before the local Imps can take the child to Gideon, IG-11 arrives to avenge his fallen companion and follow his programming: nurse and protect. Distracted by the droid's intervention, Gideon's troops lose the crew in the Navareen sewers.

Inside Djarin is dismayed to learn his clan has been routed and only the Armorer remains. She instructs him to reunite the child with his own people. With no other option, the crew head down a lava river where, surrounded once more, IG-11 sacrifices himself.

One final hurdle remains: Gideon and his TIE fighter. Using his new jetpack, Djarin knocks the Starfighter out of the air, seemingly killing Gideon in the process. After burying Kuill, the Mandalorian parts ways with his allies and sets out to find the child's people. Meanwhile, Gideon cuts himself out of the wreckage with the darksaber, an ancient weapon that belonged to the first Mandalorian Jedi.

THE DARKSABER

The darksaber has a long and bloody history. Legend tells us it was crafted by the first Mandalorian to be inducted into the Jedi Order, Tarre Vizsla. After Vizsla's passing, the darksaber was kept by the Jedi, until Mandalorians of House Vizsla stole it. The unique weapon became a symbol of great power as its master could command respect and unity from the Mandalorian people.

During the Clone Wars, the darksaber was wielded by Tarre's descendant Pre Vizsla, as he led terrorist group Death Watch to control of Mandalore. In a turn of fate, Vizsla met his own end with the blade in the hands of his one-time ally and former Sith Lord, Darth Maul.

Following the rise of the Empire, the weapon found its way to Sabine Wren, a Mandalorian with ties to House Vizsla. Wielding the darksaber, Wren defeated Imperial Viceroy Gar Saxon, giving the desperate Mandalorians a considerable boost in their fight against the Empire. Sabine offered the darksaber to the sister of the former Duchess, Bo-Katan, whom she believed to be capable of leading Mandalore. Bo-Katan accepted the weapon and with it, the mantle of leadership over the clans.

Over a decade later, the darksaber has found its way into the hands of the Imperial Moff Gideon and a new chapter of its tale begins…

Last edited:

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe the guy who wrote Swingers also created the best Star Wars TV show ever.

Yoda baby, yoda!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot it's out this week. Can't wait!

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what time the episodes will be released yet? I assume 12am pst on Friday.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Adidas x Star Wars Collaboration 2020: Mandalorian Collection (Nov 1-4)

Canada Nov 1 @ 10AM EST US/EU Nov 4 @ 3 AM EST (lul) https://www.adidas.com/us/gazelle-darksaber-shoes/GZ2753.html GAZELLE DARKSABER SHOES $100 (adult) LOW-PROFILE CLASSIC THAT LIGHT UP LIKE THE DARKSABER. From the Star Wars™: The Mandalorian™ Collection, debuting nine shoes tributed to the...

if u want bb yodo kicks they launch next week 3AM EST

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for this even though I didn't like the first season at all, and I'm sick of baby Yoda lol. But I'm curious about the camoes and where they'll go with the whole Darksaber and Jedi thing.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, we're back are we?

Overall i think season 1 was overrated but it was pretty much what I was feeling at the time so I was down for it. We'll see how S2 goes

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Just have Episode 8 to go to finish my rewatch before the premier on Friday, but what really has stuck with me on rewatch is how fucking cute The Child is. Every time I see him, I am smiling (other than that one dark part). So stoked for this.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The trailer did look pretty hype. First season was okay, hope this is better.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm amazed they'll actually get this thing out on-time. A one-year turnaround for a show of this caliber is already insane, but with COVID on top of everything itself... I have no idea how they pulled it off. Probably some long hours at ILM!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Yes! I loved Season 1. Gonna watch Chapter 9 on Saturday morning.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I think this is probably the best Star Wars media for me, hands down. It's just leaps and bounds beyond anything else going on with the IP right now.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I'm glad it's back, but I also hope that this is bigger in scope. It's not about action, VFX, scale or anything, because these aspects are absolutely handled perfectly.

My main problem was how small the cast was, meaning the story couldn't really get complex and / or interesting. Short dialogue and mostly silent protagonists can work, but they need to be surrounded by more. Season 1 felt very empty (which worked quite well sometimes, because of how lonely the Mandalorian can be as a bounty hunter, but other times it didn't work as much).

Felt very much like Star Wars though, more than any live-action media in revent history. Hopefully now that things are in motion, characters are more interesting.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed they'll actually get this thing out on-time. A one-year turnaround for a show of this caliber is already insane, but with COVID on top of everything itself... I have no idea how they pulled it off. Probably some long hours at ILM!
The Screen Wall is magical for this kind of situation. CBS is looking at the tech now for their Star Trek shows. Mandalorian season 3 is supposed to start filming in a few weeks.