• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
That character also has a LEGO Minifigure, so it MUST be someone important

those maybe due to lack of knowledge, the Body print is Male.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The character is just called "Covert Mandalorian," it's one of the Mandos who helped him escape the firefight. Lucasfilm does this where they just pick random background characters and give them to licensors like Hasbro, Lego, and Funko to turn into action figures and stuff. It doesn't mean anything.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If we do get Sabine, she'll probably have armor covered in painted designs, just like she had in Rebels. Was sort of her signature thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I've posted it a couple time but man, I keep coming back to "A Thousand Tears" from the ep 8 OST. It's such a great track jumping genres and sounds and the little flutter of the Mando theme in there. Probably my favorite track of the show, when those guitars hit....goddamn. Goransson knocked it clear out the park for Mando.

Dec 12, 2017
I've posted it a couple time but man, I keep coming back to "A Thousand Tears" from the ep 8 OST. It's such a great track jumping genres and sounds and the little flutter of the Mando theme in there. Probably my favorite track of the show, when those guitars hit....goddamn. Goransson knocked it clear out the park for Mando.

Who wouldn't want to be rescued to those guitar riffs?

On his best day, Boba Fett ain't got that kinda intro.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
How many eps left of this season? I stopped watching after 3, might start it back up if there are some interesting story developments that actually feed into the main canon (Palpatine stuff mainly).

Nov 1, 2017
Loved the show, the only episode I felt somewhat average was Gunslinger. The only decision I thought to be a mistake was removing his helmet and showing his face, they should have went full Dredd. Otherwise I really loved this show so far. The Dark Saber showing up was a holy shit moment.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
In th
Loved the show, the only episode I felt somewhat average was Gunslinger. The only decision I thought to be a mistake was removing his helmet and showing his face, they should have went full Dredd. Otherwise I really loved this show so far. The Dark Saber showing up was a holy shit moment.

Nah, I think seeing his face was the right move. Dredd doesn't take off his mask because him having a face isn't important. He's the faceless enforcer of the law. He's essentially a cog in a machine. Mando is a person. Seeing his face humanizes him and gives up someone to care about. Plus, we're going to be seeing it way more in season 2, now that he can take it off in front of the Child, so get used to it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The only decision I thought to be a mistake was removing his helmet and showing his face, they should have went full Dredd. Otherwise I really loved this show so far.
I liked the way they did it though, it was only for a droid and the audience, if they were going to show us his face, that was the way to do it imo. If an actual character had seen his face, I do think the show would have lost something, but luckily they played it right.

Dec 12, 2017
Considering Palpatine announced his return in fucking Fortnite, then anything is possible.
The show isn't at all headed towards a Palpatine inclusion so waiting for that intersection means you are likely not interested in the show that actually exists rn...and you are instead waiting for the arrival of one that doesn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
The show isn't at all headed towards a Palpatine inclusion so waiting for that intersection means you are likely not interested in the show that actually exists rn...and you are instead waiting for the arrival of one that doesn't.

it would be interesting if one random episode involves him trying to take out a transport, unknowingly, carrying palpatine from the old Death Star. Only to have Mando fail at it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Dave Failoni is going to do any of season 2? Episode 5 was awful. Nothing but a nostalgia wankfest.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
In th

Nah, I think seeing his face was the right move. Dredd doesn't take off his mask because him having a face isn't important. He's the faceless enforcer of the law. He's essentially a cog in a machine. Mando is a person. Seeing his face humanizes him and gives up someone to care about. Plus, we're going to be seeing it way more in season 2, now that he can take it off in front of the Child, so get used to it.

He can take it off in front of the child now? When was that established?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Palpatine announced his return in fucking Fortnite, then anything is possible.
That was a fucking promo. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't suddenly make Fortnite canon or something. Marketing probably saw a chance to use a recorded message that was left on the cutting room floor and used it. It's not as if the movie was written with 'oh, we'll have that in Fortnite' in mind.

That character also has a LEGO Minifigure, so it MUST be someone important

those maybe due to lack of knowledge, the Body print is Male.
Nah, these sets are basically army builders. Usually they consist of stormtrooper variations or rebels. They only seldomly have a named character in them (a bounty hunter pack and a Jedi pack being the only examples I know of). If this is an important character for season 2, Lego would include it in a season 2 set releasing after summer.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
That was a fucking promo. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't suddenly make Fortnite canon or something. Marketing probably saw a chance to use a recorded message that was left on the cutting room floor and used it. It's not as if the movie was written with 'oh, we'll have that in Fortnite' in mind.

The opening crawl of the movie refers to it.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He can take it off in front of the child now? When was that established?

Eh, the whole not taking off your helmet thing is new anyway. I assume it's for their safety and survival following the Imperial purge of Mandalore. In both The Clone Wars and Rebels, it wasn't a thing - your helmet was just what you wore in battle because beskar could withstand blaster fire.

Interestingly enough, Mandalorian culture becoming a religion may well imply that's how it survived. The Empire was pretty damn good at stamping out the Jedi and effectively erasing their history, so it stands to reason they'd be just as good at making the galaxy forget the Mandalorians ever existed as a people.

With the reveal of the Darksaber, knowing what that weapon signifies and its importance to their culture, I'm very confident the show will cover the Mandalorian people coming out of hiding and rallying behind whoever reclaims the Darksaber and becomes Mand'alor.

And it's totally going to be Sabine. 😎

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
The opening crawl of the movie refers to it.

Yeah, and?

The opening crawl says a message of Palpatine has been heard throughout the Galaxy. It does not refer to 'hey, there was this message in Fortnite and this movie is the follow up of it'.

The Fortnite-thing was a promo. They probably had that message recorded to have it heard in the movie but it ended up on the cutting room floor, and marketing saw an opportunity to use it for a promo. That's all it is. You guys make it sound as if The Fortnite event is suddenly a canon event the whole movie is built on, lol.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, and?

The opening crawl says a message of Palpatine has been heard throughout the Galaxy. It does not refer to 'hey, there was this message in Fortnite and this movie is the follow up of it'.

The Fortnite-thing was a promo. They probably had that message recorded to have it heard in the movie but it ended up on the cutting room floor, and marketing saw an opportunity to use it for a promo. That's all it is. You guys make it sound as if The Fortnite event is suddenly a canon event the whole movie is built on, lol.

tumblr_olv415iY1b1w60m4do4_500.gif

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
Nah, these sets are basically army builders. Usually they consist of stormtrooper variations or rebels. They only seldomly have a named character in them (a bounty hunter pack and a Jedi pack being the only examples I know of). If this is an important character for season 2, Lego would include it in a season 2 set releasing after summer.
i know, very familiar with how it works, i work in LEGO retail. the Bounty hunter pack was just as popular as this mando pack. there was also the Inferno Squadron Pack a bit back with Iden Versio

but it's it's nice to hope that it's a suit/character we can see again.

Dec 12, 2017
Was this posted?❤

This guy is really talented (I've seen some of his other work). It's also crazy how many characters that The Mandalorian brought in, in 8 episodes time.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1 minute into the season finale and you can tell it was directed by Taika

god damn i love that man

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gina was occasionally uneven (I think the more they asked her to do, the more her performance dipped) but she has a ton of charisma and I think an inherent kind of likability. I'm glad she's a part of the show and yeah, Rousey doesn't compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.