• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Yep, they got a shout out at Celebration also when they revealed the 501st legion participated in the filming of the show. They simply didn't have enough stormtroopers for the finale so they made a call to local group of the legion to be on the show.

501st.jpg

The commitment to keeping the helmet on even in this BTS shot is admirable.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IG-11 is going to go absolutely fucking mental on some Imperials next episode and I'm already stocking up the popcorn.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Ugh just had a bad thought, are we going to hear his first words in the finale? Like all backwards Yoda speak and all?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giancarlo is a pretty big deal. He probably keeps the better equipped troopers with him as personal protection or as guards in his base (idk which planet). He also has lots of Death Troopers which makes him seem more important than just a regular general imo.
As a Moff he would be basically the Governor of an entire region of space so power wise he would likely be one of the Warlords holding onto a section of Imperial Space

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
But how many power do imperial warlords really have? I don't think as much as they had before the Galactic Civil War. The Empire never had that much control in the Outer Rim to begin with.

Well he likely is not from the outer rim, he was likely one of many moffs and imperials who had to run away from the new republic after the war and went to hide out with whatever resources they had in the Outer Rim. This was a common thing in the old EU after ROTJ, bunch of Moffs went warlord and took their ships and troops and went out to carve their own little tiny empires on random planets away from the new republic.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Well he likely is not from the outer rim, he was likely one of many moffs and imperials who had to run away from the new republic after the war and went to hide out with whatever resources they had in the Outer Rim. This was a common thing in the old EU after ROTJ, bunch of Moffs went warlord and took their ships and troops and went out to carve their own little tiny empires on random planets away from the new republic.
This seems like the most plausible situation to be honest.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Thought Carano was much better in this episode. I think they went back to the "Only 4 troopers?" joke too many times. Otherwise, a really great episode.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a chance to watch, damn what a great episode. Once again, Deborah Chow just doing the Lord's work. Her and Famuyiwa just elevate every episode they direct. That said, Gina Carano really cannot act. I think the worst scene was when Mando is recruiting her, he tells her they're going after an Imp and that's what makes her suddenly agree. Gina did not sell that turn, at all. A good actor would've expressed all their contempt and anger towards the Empire in that turn once their name was mentioned. Gina just doesn't know how to chew scenery and "do business" properly.

It is funny how a simple line written by Favreau does more to contextualise what the First Order is after than both the sequels (and probably all three of them).

When the client talks about the chaos and death now all around them and how the empire brought peace to systems. And brings it nicely back to the sentiments that were shared in the OT.

Yep.

It's this meme that's also just facts:

c15.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
In the EU only certain Jedi were skilled at Force Healing.

Force Healing also likely wouldn't have saved Padme. First, we have to understand that what happened was a self-fulfilling prophecy. She died because Anakin had a vision and tried to prevent it and in the end wound up killing her. But, even assuming it was just childbirth complications I don't know if Force Healing can just solve that. Shit, that would seem like something all that science should be able to solve.

But again, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. No one could've saved her because Anakin's dumbass is the reason she died.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Man that was so damn good! But damn we lost some good actors, what a set up for the finale though.

I am a little iffy on force healing. I know it's in video games and some books but it opens all kinds of questions. Maybe healing in that I can remove your pain but magically heal skin like you are wolverine? Can he grow a limb back? Where does it end?

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Force Healing also likely wouldn't have saved Padme. First, we have to understand that what happened was a self-fulfilling prophecy. She died because Anakin had a vision and tried to prevent it and in the end wound up killing her. But, even assuming it was just childbirth complications I don't know if Force Healing can just solve that. Shit, that would seem like something all that science should be able to solve.

But again, it was a self-fulfilling prophecy. No one could've saved her because Anakin's dumbass is the reason she died.

yes, but he was talking about Shmi -- who he found injured and could've potentially healed, though considering she died seconds after the rescued him, she was likely too far gone for any force healer at that point

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Best episode yet. As someone who was lukewarm on the first two episodes this show has really grown on me week after week.

I'm ashamed to say it took me until after finishing the episode to put together that Imp = Imperial.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I've loved the show, but wish the entire season was comparable to the quality of this episode. It just nailed everything, even the cinematography is noticeably better. With Taika directing the finale, it looks to be finishing really strong.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Like a personal talent, or sort of like a bloodline trait?

I've only gotten into the new canon recently so I have a lot of old stuff (or EU stuff) jumbled up in my head, still.

Was in TCW as well. Like Quinlan Vos had a unique ability to touch things and see glimpses of the past

The old EU had it too, Jedi healers were unique, not all could do it.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Best episode yet.

"He's trying to eat me!"

Baby Yoda force healing Karga was one of the best scenes so far.

Poor Kuill. He was supposed to be retired :(

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Mando is a stone cold dumbass. He will walk straight into any trap you set for him, baby in tow. Great episode, though. Gina, Nolte, IG-11, Pedro, and Baby Yoda is a hell of a squad. I'm not sure what bummed me out more: Nolte's death or The Rise of Skywalker ad at the end of the episode.

And no still no resolution on the mystery man from Chapter 5! Maybe Boba Fett is the stinger to cap off Season 1.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
First episode I really enjoyed and had no trouble engaging with. Was kinda bummed about this series but if it can end strong like this episode did, I'll be happy.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Nooo Kuill :( they didn't have to end on such a sad note. Seriously tho this was an excellent episode.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, do we have any clarity on the mystery figure who was approaching Fennec's body two episodes ago?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Man that was so damn good! But damn we lost some good actors, what a set up for the finale though.

I am a little iffy on force healing. I know it's in video games and some books but it opens all kinds of questions. Maybe healing in that I can remove your pain but magically heal skin like you are wolverine? Can he grow a limb back? Where does it end?

if you can summon lightning you should be able to heal a wound

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
My friend said baby Yoda died

Is this true? Before I watch? Because I will straight up murder a motherfuker

100% true. And then Jar-Jar turns out to be behind everything.

The Force needs to return to being Space Magic. What you're experiencing is the lack of creativity we've seen for too long. You should be surprised when The Force is used, it can't be a absolute set of powers complete with power levels. That's why Luke's ability at the end of TLJ was so great. I want more Force powers beyond the same stuff we've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.