• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So that was a really good up. Without spoilers, it's exactly what I've wanted from the Mandalorian all along, and the best individual ep of the show thus far. Just really enthralling all the way through.
Speaking of TROS they did play a sneak peek after the episode. More like an extended clip for anyone trying to avoid anymore footage.
Where is it in the episode? I scrubbed through the vid but couldn't find it.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
mmmh, those trumpets.

(for anyone who cares, it's a very short scene from the movie, followed by what I think is scenes from the trailer. If you want to go in cold, don't watch it, otherwise I don't think there's anything that's super spoilery)

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
So that was a really good up. Without spoilers, it's exactly what I've wanted from the Mandalorian all along, and the best individual ep of the show thus far. Just really enthralling all the way through.

Where is it in the episode? I scrubbed through the vid but couldn't find it.
the sneak peek for TROS showed up during the credits, after the concept art as another video to play

Like he said. During the credits it's a pop up.So it might auto play if you usually let the credits play. Unless you wanted to see the footage then go right ahead. It looked neat. I did recognize some characters from Battlefront 2 tho.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
It is funny how a simple line written by Favreau does more to contextualise what the First Order is after than both the sequels (and probably all three of them).

When the client talks about the chaos and death now all around them and how the empire brought peace to systems. And brings it nicely back to the sentiments that were shared in the OT.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Watching right now.... Anyone else getting weird changes of color from like brown to blue/grey on the "filter" of the show????

Holy crap it's distracting

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One nitpick:

Kuiil talks about how he was sold to the Empire and then spent three human lifetimes earning his freedom. How the hell would that have been possible when the Empire came and went within 20-30 years?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
the sneak peek for TROS showed up during the credits, after the concept art as another video to play
Like he said. During the credits it's a pop up.So it might auto play if you usually let the credits play. Unless you wanted to see the footage then go right ahead. It looked neat. I did recognize some characters from Battlefront 2 tho.
I think I scrubbed ahead seconds before it popped up.

So now I found it, thanks!
One nitpick:

Kuiil talks about how he was sold to the Empire and then spent three human lifetimes earning his freedom. How the hell would that have been possible when the Empire came and went within 20-30 years?
Probably
happened under the Republic, I would think. There was no coup, the Republic just became the Empire democratically, so it would be seen as the same regime to all of its citizens.

The thing to keep in mind is, even before the Empire, the Republic had been getting warped into it slowly over time. Palpatine's crowning as Emperor was just making it official.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
One nitpick:

Did he say he was immediately sold to the empire? I don't remember. I thought he was sold to work for someone who in their place had to work for the Empire when it came to be.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
One nitpick:

I don't get the idea that that was meant to be taken literally.

More that he's been through enough shit to fill three human lifetimes

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow! What an episode! Deborah Chow is a great director, and I absolutely can't wait for the Obi Wan series!

Gina Carano's acting felt a lot better in this episode also.

Can't wait to see Taika's finale. I'm guessing IG 88 saw what happened to the Upnaught and gets mad, leaves the ship and saves Mando & friends.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Mando is gonna kill everyone next week.

The thing with the ship may be the funniest Baby Yoda moment yet.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Man. Carl Weathers is the best thing to happen to Star Wars possibly ever. Make him a part of the gang PLEASE

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the com
I love that the cast of Star Wars Rebels is always going on about encrypting or subverting com systems, while Mando is just blindly using an open com to make important private communications...

There's a reason the Empire and their cronies always lose, lol.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just wondering, why are we tagging spoilers? They're allowed as soon as an episode drops. I'd hope that folks don't browse this thread before catching the new ep.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Just wondering, why are we tagging spoilers? They're allowed as soon as an episode drops. I'd hope that folks don't browse this thread before catching the new ep.
Just for the benefit of people that aren't literally there moment zero, I think. This drops in the middle of the night in North America, so a lot of folks won't have the luck to see it right away.

It's all to help The Discourse.

Dec 12, 2017
This one is a lot different than previous ones so I think people are being respectful this time so peeps that haven seent it yet can enjoy it fully. 🙂

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Does Dinsey know the subs dont work correctly ?

The timing is off in both episodes I tried.
(It got a bit noisy at home, couldn't hear. Tried subs but they were off by a few seconds. Grabbed headphones)

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
For a split second I thought there was going to be a mini laser gun in the trunk of a speeder, and I was like "Mando you crafty dog, you!".

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Wow story? In my mandalorian??

Insane ep. I like the show but all the filler/adventure of the week crap with no story progression is so frustrating. Especially if there are only 8 episodes total. This ep was a breath of fresh air.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Episode kinda showed the missed potential of the show as a whole. It felt incredibly contrived and slow to integrate everyone back within this one episode. They should have had Cara or Kuiil join up earlier. The show direly needs a bit more splicing of material to pull off this ending in a satisfying way.

And good lord the script and acting is still just bad bad bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.