• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2017
i guess? it's admittedly nitpicky as fuuuuuck, but only because they've really gone out of their way to do that sort of thing in previous episodes/overall fiction.

anyway, excited to see where things go next ep. think they probably head back on to the main story since there's only two eps left
Deborah Chow is back in the director's chair (she directed the excellent Chapter 3) so it should be fun.

Dec 31, 2017
Yeah, based on a previous conversation, I suspected that poster had a clear agenda and using two RLM gifs as retorts cements it for me. I am done spending single second engaging with them any further.
tenor.gif

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
quite the starpower in this episode and some nice twists in the plot, likely the best episode of the season.

I am just not sure I like the "job of the week" format the show has turned into after episode 3.
on paper it surely sounds great, a disgraced bounty hunter solves cases with baby yoda every week.
but the baby yoda plot is so strong that I just really can't get into that format before I have some closure on what's what.

Oct 25, 2017
Really loved Ayoade as the droid, recognized him immediately. Def a better episode than the last two, though the alien actors were really cringe-y.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode, from the raid to the hunting of the members.

That scene in the dark / flashing lights was really cool.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am asking you nicely not to tell me what to post.
All I am asking you is the people in the video you have posted have used sexist and racist slurs and have openly mocked minorities and women so their content is extremely hurtful and I am asking you to please consider that there are more than straight white dudes on this forum so seeing their content posted as if its acceptable is a very hurtful thing.

I am just asking you, please consider what content you link to.We as community don't need to link to racists and sexists to engage in a conversation.

All I am saying is you posted a video that is very hurtful due to the racist and sexist content of its provider and I hope you will reconsider posting harmful content going forward because there are a lot of people here who get personally hurt by their sexist/racist language.

I am very much allowed to say "Hey can you please not post content from racists and sexists? It's personally very offensive.".

Dec 31, 2017
All I am asking you is the people in the video you have posted have used sexist and racist slurs and have openly mocked minorities and women so their content is extremely hurtful and I am asking you to please consider that there are more than straight white dudes on this forum so seeing their content posted as if its acceptable is a very hurtful thing.

I am just asking you, please consider what content you link to.We as community don't need to link to racists and sexists to engage in a conversation.

All I am saying is you posted a video that is very hurtful due to the racist and sexist content of its provider and I hope you will reconsider posting harmful content going forward because there are a lot of people here who get personally hurt by their sexist/racist language.
Sorry I don't partake in cancel culture. Welcome to my ignore list.

oh no someone did that to you? i hope you can recover
handwave1.gif

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I don't partake in cancel culture. Welcome to my ignore list.
There's something ridiculously stupid about someone railing against "cancel culture," which is basically ignoring and not participating anymore with people who have said or done hurtful/hateful things then declaring openly they will be ignoring someone for saying something so fucking innocuous like "hey think of the people they hurt?"

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Other fun coincidence/weird easter egg:

Ismael Cruz Córdova, who played the brother (Qin), played a character named 'Mando' on sesame street.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I guessed he'd placed the tracking beacon on the prisoner, but I was surprised that the others had been locked up on the prison transport ship. Guess they're coming back in season 2. It was a great episode, really tense.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
After two episodes that I found to be pretty weak this was a return to form. Really fun episode. Only real gripe would be the try-hard Twi'lek. I get it, you are crazy n evil, you don't gotta oversell it in every scene.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lots of cool stuff in this episode, I'm sure it'll be a lot of people's new fav, but mine still remains Ep 3.

Great new settings in the station and the transport.
The Twi'lek was ridiculous. over-selling everything, constantly rolling my eyes at that character, but whatever, she still fit right in and it was fun for sure.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I found it weird people who apparently know this Mandalorian still just refer to him as Mando. Like, I understood for most of the series where it's random people just finding some way of addressing him, but it feels weird for his old teammates, even if it was for a shorter time, to refer to him as that. Other bounty hunters and Mandalorians clearly had some sort of name/moniker.

The Twi'lek was ridiculous. over-selling everything, constantly rolling my eyes at that character, but whatever, she still fit right in and it was fun for sure.
I think it's pretty clear at this point they're telling every actor to over-sell everything.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I thought the Twi'lek was trying too hard to be Harley from Suicide Squad, but otherwise, I thought it was a great episode.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Great new settings in the station and the transport.
She was the only downside to me this episode. I have a feeling like it's something with the show direction, because we have actors overselling everything in almost every episode. It was the bounty hunter last week.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I found it weird people who apparently know this Mandalorian still just refer to him as Mando. Like, I understood for most of the series where it's random people just finding some way of addressing him, but it feels weird for his old teammates, even if it was for a shorter time, to refer to him as that. Other bounty hunters and Mandalorians clearly had some sort of name/moniker.
It was especially strange in this episode, yeah. There was even a line like "Is that you, Mando?" which shouldn't work.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so disturbed whenever anything bad happens to the baby. I found the episode 5 concept art of him crying really bothersome, and I got so worried when Bill Burr dropped him on the ship. I wanted Mando to violently end Bill's life because of that. 😭

So stressful. I loved the part where the baby looks at his hand after the droid is shot, though.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Since episode 7 drops on wensday next week, just before episode 9, do we think it will tie in at all? (I realize that the show takes place ~25 years before episode 9, just curious as to why it drops 2 days early next week)

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get the dislike for episode 5. I liked it. The young bounty hunter turned out to be not gullible but he was way over his head and ended up paying for it. I liked the story. Felt like a very good western bounty hunting episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Since episode 7 drops on wensday next week, just before episode 9, do we think it will tie in at all? (I realize that the show takes place ~25 years before episode 9, just curious as to why it drops 2 days early next week)

I assumed they were releasing it before TROS because they want to give the movie as much of the spotlight after it opens. Doubt it will tie in at all, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.