• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised how many people I see online think this is a prequel to the OT. The stormtroopers and talk of the Empire falling I thought would be a dead giveaway lol.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
lol the jawas. They're pretty much a star wars minions.
Don't surprise If Disneys gonna make movies//series about them someday.

BwRtyPF.jpg

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
The more atmospheric and contemplative tone of the series gives me a lot of 2003 Clone Wars vibes, which is the absolute best compliment I can give anything.

Coffee

Oct 27, 2017
Malmö
I really like that they're sticking to the look of the original trilogy in terms of "janky" looking aliens. It's funny how the limitations of the time became kind of an iconic look for the franchise.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I seem to be in the minority thinking the first episode was better. It looks great but the story isn't anything interesting. I can't imagine casual viewers finding this compelling.

Also the colour timing is really weird, all the black levels are lifted way too high. I hear the same colourist graded the OT which looks a little desaturated.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping the episodes would be longer, given the budget. Still not crazy about the editing.

"Mando" needs a better chestplate.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The music is so weird in this show. Good weird mostly, but very un-Star Warsy much of the time. Feels like a 70s sci-fi flick, but maybe that's the point.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Episode 2, mostly because I really like both not-Yoda and Jawas. I'm still scared for not-Yoda's safety (I am ready to protect that adorable thing with my life), but I'm convinced this series will have a happy ending for not-Yoda. I can't imagine they'll go the evil route, right? RIGHT? But then I don't know what would explain why not-Yoda hasn't been mentioned in anything happening in the recent films. So I'm scared for not-Yoda.

On a different note, I'm kind of surprised that the Mandalorian wasn't familiar with the Force, even from stories and legends. However, I guess at this point, the Jedi have been gone for a while, and Luke's, Vader's, and the Emperor's powers probably weren't super well publicized. Maybe?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Episode 2, mostly because I really like both not-Yoda and Jawas. I'm still scared for not-Yoda's safety (I am ready to protect that adorable thing with my life), but I'm convinced this series will have a happy ending for not-Yoda. I can't imagine they'll go the evil route, right? RIGHT? But then I don't know what would explain why not-Yoda hasn't been mentioned in anything happening in the recent films. So I'm scared for not-Yoda.
Why would they need to mention them in the ST for ?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Baby yoda is adorable. I don't want them to separate. These episodes have been really enjoyable.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they need to mention them in the ST for ?

Because Yoda and his kind are the best and there is an obligation for anyone working with Star Wars who has the option to include Yoda or his kind to do so.

/s

More seriously, you raise a good point. If this race ages super slowly, it would still be a child during the ST and not really of any use. It's not like this series will end with not-Yoda carrying a lightsaber and ready to join Rey in the fight and offer wisdom.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Because Yoda and his kind are the best and there is an obligation for anyone working with Star Wars who has the option to include Yoda or his kind to do so.

/s

More seriously, you raise a good point. If this race ages super slowly, it would still be a child during the ST and not really of any use. It's not like this series will end with not-Yoda carrying a lightsaber and ready to join Rey in the fight and offer wisdom.
If he's fifty years old AND a force sensitive, it means that he survived the Jedi purge and the Inquisitors' search for Jedi babies.

Little dude's lived through some shit.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
On a different note, I'm kind of surprised that the Mandalorian wasn't familiar with the Force, even from stories and legends. However, I guess at this point, the Jedi have been gone for a while, and Luke's, Vader's, and the Emperor's powers probably weren't super well publicized. Maybe?

But the Mandalorians of all people should be familiar with the Force given their history with Force users.

It bugged me a bit but I justified it by thinking the Mandalorian was a foundling and maybe didn't learn the Mandalorian history as much as someone actually of the race.

Deleted member 3758

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Jawas were great. They only sent the Mandalorian out for the egg because they knew it would probably kill him. It would have gone two ways.

He dies. They keep his stuff.

He lives. They get a giant Cadbury egg.

Whole episode was top tier. He sucks up a little of his pride, gets an intermediary, and ultimately gets his ship parts back and rebuilt. All while not pointing every thing out in dialog. He gets his ass kicked and eventually runs out of gadgets. You get a character that won't go down without a knife fight. True badass.

Also have a new respect for the Sandcrawler level in Super Star Wars.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Finally caught up to both episodes
I'm not the biggest Star Wars guy, so I thought this was pretty average

also wtf, you're gonna have my boy Pedro Pascal wear a helmet for the whole series?
What a waste!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No no. You misunderstand.

The reason is because not everything needs to be connected. Star Wars is already too small.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
But the Mandalorians of all people should be familiar with the Force given their history with Force users.

It bugged me a bit but I justified it by thinking the Mandalorian was a foundling and maybe didn't learn the Mandalorian history as much as someone actually of the race.
Do you know what a foundling is, then?

I thought they were either:
1. Orphans.
2. Young Mandalorians in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.