• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It was ok for a pilot I suppose. Are all episodes going to be under 40 minutes?

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
The episode is still pretty high on IMDB, at 9.2. That's really high for an episode of a series from such a fandom-heavy franchise like Star Wars that can go from one extreme to the other, so at least the larger fandom is happy, plus critics are giving it mostly positive reviews. Overall, a really good start for the series.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Uh guys. That was fucking great right?!

It's pretty much all I've wanted from the star wars universe.

No grand conflict affecting the galaxy. Just a day in the life of people. Great stuff.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I liked it. Started out a bit more serious but ended up with some comedy and a buddy cop vibe

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Shouldn't have watched it last night at 4am. Just watched it again and loved it. Pedros personality really shines through near the end. In for the entire season. Best Star Wars material I've seen outside of Vader in RO since Empire.

Dec 12, 2017
Sorry if it's already been posted but the soundtrack's up on Spotify.

The end credits theme is great. After Giacchino and Powell's efforts deliberately stayed close to Williams' style, I found it pretty jarring at first, but it's really growing on me.

Somewhat related, Powell's signature snare drums on 'Corellia Chase' on the Solo score are fucking god tier.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I love how Favreau demystifies the bounty hunting profession. Instead of badass Jedi hunters like Jango Fett and Cad Bane, we get a poorly paid gig-worker wrangling bail jumpers. Vintage Star Wars is playing with fantasy cliches and dirtying them with lawless pragmatism.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I didn't really like the way the shootout scene was shot because we didn't get a single angle where it showed the mandalorian and the enemies in the same frame iirc

Felt like it was purposefully edited to keep it PG which is funny when the show starts with someone getting bisected

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to see many familiar faces, but with how integrated the different tribes are, at least a reference to Bo-Kata or Sabine Wren is in order.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I will say, that dude in the beginning really made a meal of every syllable of his Huttese (?) Very stilted.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I laughed at the Jabba's pet thing on a spit and the other one looking at his future fate. Not sure it was meant to be funny but I laughed at it.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoyed it. Wasn't amazing but good enough that I am excited to see more.

Also seems like a pretty solid start for Filoni's live action directorial debut.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I didn't really like the way the shootout scene was shot because we didn't get a single angle where it showed the mandalorian and the enemies in the same frame iirc

Felt like it was purposefully edited to keep it PG which is funny when the show starts with someone getting bisected

When he shoots the guy off the building you see it from right behind him.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Good pilot. Nice hook ending which you need. I felt the only effects that looked shaky were those desert creater things

my one complaint is I Really didn't like the music. Not in a "not sw" kind of way. but in I just didn't think it was good period

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
HOLY SHIT!!! That was amazing!

Some people can't be pleased it seems. We got a Star Wars show that is badass right off the bat. What a great standoff, IG-11 was so good in just a few minutes. The entire sequence let Mando's personality shine and we get to see some bad ass moments. It's Star Wars it's about action and adventure and this had it.

It felt right and I'm very intrigued at where this will go.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Sorry if it's already been posted but the soundtrack's up on Spotify.

The end credits theme is great. After Giacchino and Powell's efforts deliberately stayed close to Williams' style, I found it pretty jarring at first, but it's really growing on me.

My favorite track is You are the Mandalorian the music that plays when they ride through the desert just love this music.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh guys. That was fucking great right?!

It's pretty much all I've wanted from the star wars universe.

No grand conflict affecting the galaxy. Just a day in the life of people. Great stuff.
Yeps.
Some folks in this thread:
"We want the same... but different! BUT THE SAME!"
Star Wars fans are fucking awful.
Sounded like John C Riely to me. But looked like Patton Oswald. Lol.

Cant place him.
At first glance, i thought it was Patton, too. 🤣

Kinda sad it wasn't, TBH.
I love how Favreau demystifies the bounty hunting profession. Instead of badass Jedi hunters like Jango Fett and Cad Bane, we get a poorly paid gig-worker wrangling bail jumpers. Vintage Star Wars is playing with fantasy cliches and dirtying them with lawless pragmatism.
Badass ?

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
It was fine. Honestly had higher hopes, but it's just episode one, so plenty of room to get better. Didn't love the pacing, but an interesting reveal at the end can lead to some cool stuff going forward.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Well, he was. Until he wasn't.

GGm_KT.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, we still have Giancarlo, Bill Burr, Ming-Na and Sassy Twi'Lek waiting to join the party. It's gonna be glorious.

Dec 12, 2017
HOLY SHIT!!! That was amazing!

Some people can't be pleased it seems. We got a Star Wars show that is badass right off the bat. What a great standoff, IG-11 was so good in just a few minutes. The entire sequence let Mando's personality shine and we get to see some bad ass moments. It's Star Wars it's about action and adventure and this had it.

It felt right and I'm very intrigued at where this will go.
My man!

Guys, we still have Giancarlo, Bill Burr, Ming-Na and Sassy Twi'Lek waiting to join the party. It's gonna be glorious.
Yeah, exactly. We ain't even got started yet.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The ending has me interested other than that...it felt very much ...fan- film ish? Yeah

Wish it kept the serious tone of the beginning than going comedic with another awful Droid

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When does this take place exactly? I was quite surprised at who he finds his target to be at the end.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
My man!

Yeah, exactly. We ain't even got started yet.

I generally agree. Initially I was disappointed by some of the tonal unevenness (the first bounty was not particularly well written and almost felt like he should have been in a different show), but I'm warming up to it. Perhaps the biggest issue is that the tone of the trailers was a little misleading, for me at least.

Ultimately, it's more Star Wars, but different Star Wars, with tremendous production values, so I can't complain. I think they're set up to go to some very interesting places as the season progresses.

dreamcast

Oct 27, 2017
Film. Animation. And now TV. Star Wars has the droid market cornered. Their characters are always great and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.