• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is it?

• It him

Votes: 74 26.4%
  • He's still slowly digesting

Votes: 65 23.2%
  • The armor but not the man

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • Find out next time on Baby Yoda Z

Votes: 101 36.1%

• Total voters

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm 100% sure it's Giancarlo Esposito.

-Boba's outfit doesn't look like that
-Esposito's does
-Boba doesn't have his armor in canon
-They've said Fett isn't in the show (Could be lying, but probably not)

Giancarlo's look:

screen-shot-2019-12-06-at-3.42.33-am.jpg
Yeah this makes sense to me

Which makes me wonder who he is - he better be someone of damn importance as time goes on, especially given that ending hyping it up

episode too short
guest character is never seen again
episode is too self contained and doesn't move the story forward

but also, while I'm liking the show, and hate to be cynical.... also this

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
If that wasn't Boba Fett... then that was a really frustrating use of Tatooine. I expected better from Filoni.

Btw I don't care if it isn't Fett... just why use tatooine at all?

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
If it would have been Fett they would have showed him right there at the end to have people go nuts in anticipation for a week.
The show doesn't need Boba Fett right now, unless they want to reveal him little by little for a later season.

Dec 12, 2017
If that wasn't Boba Fett... then that was a really frustrating use of Tatooine. I expected better from Filoni.

Btw I don't care if it isn't Fett... just why use tatooine at all?
Cause Filoni probably always wanted to do his thang on the big sandy planet that started it all. No different than JJ, only he didn't bother trying to be slick and call his planet Jakku or sum shiet.

Oct 25, 2017
Tatooine. Dune Sea. Boba Fett sound effects. Tracking a bounty. Character not fully revealed to keep the element of surprise.
We're very obviously meant to be expecting Boba. Hiding the identity, playing a sound effect only ever previously heard coming from Boba's gear, with footstep sound effects the same as used for Boba, on the planet of his last known location.

The hints can't be unintentional. But whether it actually will be Boba remains to be seen, since they could easily be faking us out for the hell of it.

I voted for Find out next time on Baby Yoda Z since I think they might not even reveal it in ep6 and keep teasing until the finale. At which point I'm guessing it might actually be Boba and will lead to a fight between the two in which our Mando wins. Or maybe it will even be a seed for s2.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That was supposed to be boba Fett? Never would've known if not for this topic.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
It's clearly Giancarlo Esposito's character, who is the main villain of the show.

It's Giancarlo, but calling him the main villain, when we got 3 eps left is a bit generous. He's the villain of the week.

Now, if they make it so Mandalorian is Boba Fett and those flashbacks are of him saving the child, not the child... nah.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
What if it's Giancarlo Esposito's character, but he's wearing Bobas armor?

And when asked about where he got it, we get a cryptic answer that suggests Boba survived.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I really want it to be someone cool, but it's going to be Bill Burr.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever it actually is, it should be Cad instead. But I seriously hope it's not Boba. George stripped all the mystique and interesting shit out of that character long ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Disney would be burning money to not bring Boba back eventually(I see his return happening in the ObiWan series) but I don't think this is him. All's I gotta say though is that Temurra Morrison better be playing him when he is brought back or I ain't that interested.
Considering how consistent they've been when bringing back actors to reprise roles, down to keeping the casting for Mon Mothma from an Episode III deleted scene for Rogue One, I'd be absolutely shocked if he wasn't brought back for the role.

(granted, he's nearly 20 years too old, but I don't think anyone would care, especially if he never took the helmet off)

Last edited:

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Considering how consistent they've been when bringing back actors to reprise roles, down to keeping the casting for Mon Mothma from an Episode III deleted scene for Rogue One, I'd be absolutely shocked if he wasn't brought back for the role.

(granted, he's nearly 20 years too old, but I don't think anyone would care, especially if he never took the helmet off)

Agreed. But wasn't Boba an unaltered clone requested by Jango? His aging kind of fits.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I've watched every episode my dude. I caught that the empire was no longer but it was my understanding that Yoda was the last of his race. So, confused.
We don't know if he was or not, as far as I know only him and the female on the Jedi council have ever been shown. He very well might have been, it's hinted at on the show that baby yoda is a clone. Clone of who no idea.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
It's definitely Giancarlo Esposito's character. They even said her character was dangerous due to the people she was linked to.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it being Boba would make since, given its Tatoine and all. Plus, Ming Na's body is just free money lying in the desert. Like enough money to get Fett back on his feet.

We'll see I guess.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
I swear if this is another episode of the Mandos ship being broken again and he has to fight a few guys and then fix it. then I am gonna wait until all the episodes are out before bother to watch the show any further got a little stale for me last week.

Plotwise I just want them to

2cpha4.gif

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me the TL;DR of why Boba Fett is such a big deal in the Star Wars universe? I know the financial reason is that the character has a lot of fans but he seems to be a bit player in the OG trilogy.