• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
the one that Bourbon jumper posted looks so much better:

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They did a port of the special editions to 360, PS3, and iOS. The iOS version was delisted for some reason.
iOS was delisted because they didn't want to update it for more recent iOS versions I believe

Saw this fan-made version of the Limited Run Games Monkey Island set and thought it was real. Went to buy it and was terribly disappointed by the official version.

This is very good

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
The more I look at the actual Anthology the more of a rip-off it's looks like. The poster is a strange choice.

I saw this exchange screencapped on twitter:

EkubYV-VMAAjZrn

I think this is a bad excuse - a simple google image search with the proper parameters will net you a lot of high resolution artwork from the Monkey Island series.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Watching now, love Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3. Can't believe there's no others after that.....

Never understood the hate that 4 got. Yeah, shitty tank controls and PS1 era graphics in 2001 but it had series best humor and wittiest puzzles. That swamp segment is among the best moments in any PnC game for me.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this exchange screencapped on twitter:

EkubYV-VMAAjZrn

I think this is a bad excuse - a simple google image search with the proper parameters will net you a lot of high resolution artwork from the Monkey Island series.
Yeah not sure why when sega cd monkey collection got some art on the cover. They could of at least used that to have some of the artwork. Not having any of the original art for this collection is a massive disappointment.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All y'all Curse haters can launch yourselves out of a cannon. A singular one. All packed in together.

(wear your pot helmets, of course)

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All y'all Curse haters can launch yourselves out of a cannon. A singular one. All packed in together.

(wear your pot helmets, of course)
When I first played it on release, I was disappointed in a vague way. It lacked some of the wacky surreal feel of the first two.

Since then, with time and a couple of replays, it's easily on par with the first two for me. It has a different vibe, but a good one.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
the one that Bourbon jumper posted looks so much better:

Ah yes. Way better. I'd take that shadowbox from the original set, but that's it. Telling that it's one of the only things that remained unchanged in this much superior fan redesign.
*edit* actually, even that shadowbox could be improved if they'd take out the game's title from it. What purpose does that serve there - do I need a reminder what game that scene is from?

Last edited:

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Yeah not sure why when sega cd monkey collection got some art on the cover. They could of at least used that to have some of the artwork. Not having any of the original art for this collection is a massive disappointment.

Their Star Wars editions have also been super disappointing with some incredibly cheap artwork, at least on the cover. I wonder if they're just trying to save printing costs or something, because their Lucasarts run has been incredibly disappointing.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Finally got around to watching this and wanted to give it a bump.

Great watch for anyone interested in the making of videogames, and how different this was with the technical limits back then.

Interesting I'm sure even if you don't know Monkey Island very well. Some great interviewees and a surprise cameo from Dave Perry!

Any chance of the channel producing more full-length features?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Thanks to the documentary, I realized that Monkey Island wasn't popular enough in the US and that the developers never knew how big it was until much later. That was pretty amazing to hear.