• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019

Thought this was a pleasant surprise upload from PC Gamer today, wanted to share it.

Loved this game back in the day. Wasnt actually a good game but as a huge fan of the show it was awesome to talk to the characters and walk around the environments.

I would love a new Lost game. Imagine an open-island Lost RPG? That would be amazing!

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
It could have been worse. Having some dodgy voice actors replacing the real actors was a big problem imo. But I rented it and had a decent time. Doesn't overstay it's welcome.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a solidish adventureish game. It fit more or less, didn't try to turn into a shooter or something absurd

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
this video calls the game "repetitive," "infuriating," "tiresome," and "maddening," yet tries to paint it with any kindness? no. this game was trash. it completely misses the point of what makes the TV series click: its organic, surprising interactions between characters. all of the wooden, one-sided dialogue in this game is embarrassing. don't bite on this video's premise. I wouldn't play this again if someone paid me.

OP
OP

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
this video calls the game "repetitive," "infuriating," "tiresome," and "maddening," yet tries to paint it with any kindness? no. this game was trash. it completely misses the point of what makes the TV series click: its organic, surprising interactions between characters. all of the wooden, one-sided dialogue in this game is embarrassing. don't bite on this video's premise. I wouldn't play this again if someone paid me.

Uh oh, what did the mean game do to you? ;)

Like I said, Its not a good game, no. But it does capture a good atmosphere, and makes me wish it had been better. That's why i'd like a new Lost game. Could be interesting.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Uh oh, what did the mean game do to you? ;)

Like I said, Its not a good game, no. But it does capture a good atmosphere, and makes me wish it had been better. That's why i'd like a new Lost game. Could be interesting.

I still resent that this arrived in an era when licensed games were beginning to move the medium forward to a certain extent, only to waste the potential. If a studio like Dontnod or Telltale had been given the keys to Lost, I can only imagine how well its universe and characters could have been mined to tell a worthy interactive story—especially after seeing JJ Abrams and Gabe Newell's friendship publicly blossom around that time.

Oct 25, 2017
The game was no good. However as a huge fan that was going week to week like everyone else, I picked it apart. Being able to see inside the dome was a big deal y'all.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
No way I'm getting it at this point, but I kinda wish I had bought it at the time. I didn't know they recreated all of those locations so faithfully.

Btw what's up with Sawyer's face? Most of the cast looks surprisingly good, but he's not even close.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have achievements for this game and I cant remember shit from it. The video doesnt even jog my memory.