• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron hasn't choked in a series since the 2011 finals. You can make an argument that he should have been far better in the 2014 finals but no matter how good he was they were probably not going to win. Even in 2011 LeBron didn't blow a 3-1 lead. If Kawhi comes out and wins a title next year people will be quick to forget this embarrassment but given how he seems to struggle to stay in games it seems like its only downhill from here. The warriors are back next year and the west will be even more competitive while the Clippers don't have much room to maneuver

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi did come into the season as the best player in the league but people went overboard and really overrated the rest of the team. Lou Williams is a great stats on bad team guy. He is a hall of famer in that category but there is a reason he has played for half of the teams in the league. Everyone seemed to forget Paul George sucking on the regular in the playoffs. Beverly has never really won anything. He just talks a lot of shit and then you forget about him after April. The pieces never made total sense to me on defense. Kawhi himself can't just make a great defense.

And the biggest one was leadership and coaching. The book is still out on Kawhis leadership. I was part of the problem and like everyone else overrated Doc but man his rep was hurt at least as badly as PG and Kawhi.

I won't lie though I am glad. I won't hate on the 5 people in LA who like the Clippers but the bandwagon fans were all dumb and obnoxious. Us Laker fans expect a certain level of class from other fan bases and these guys didn't have it...

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was more impressed by Denver (and especially Jokic) than I was disappointed by LAC. Jokic is just an incredible talent, easily one of the most fun guys in the league to watch. I didn't have him at that top top level until this series. He's just a phenomenal offensive player.

For LAC, Doc and PG13 have done this before and Leonard is allowed a bad game after what he's already accomplished.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I was more impressed by Denver (and especially Jokic) than I was disappointed by LAC. Jokic is just an incredible talent, easily one of the most fun guys in the league to watch. I didn't have him at that top top level until this series. He's just a phenomenal offensive player.

For LAC, Doc and PG13 have done this before and Leonard is allowed a bad game after what he's already accomplished.
Thats a weird standard for someone who wants to be the best player in the game.

Who other superstar gets that pass?

You are supposed to suffer in agony when you lose if you are a top 5 guy in the league.

Mar 10, 2018
Thats a weird standard for someone who wants to be the best player in the game.

Who other superstar gets that pass?

You are supposed to suffer in agony when you lose if you are a top 5 guy in the league.
In Kawhi's defense, he never declared himself the best player in the world. And I like how everyone in this thread forgets what Zaza did to him in 2017.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Kawhi did come into the season as the best player in the league but people went overboard and really overrated the rest of the team. Lou Williams is a great stats on bad team guy. He is a hall of famer in that category but there is a reason he has played for half of the teams in the league. Everyone seemed to forget Paul George sucking on the regular in the playoffs. Beverly has never really won anything. He just talks a lot of shit and then you forget about him after April. The pieces never made total sense to me on defense. Kawhi himself can't just make a great defense.

And the biggest one was leadership and coaching. The book is still out on Kawhis leadership. I was part of the problem and like everyone else overrated Doc but man his rep was hurt at least as badly as PG and Kawhi.

I won't lie though I am glad. I won't hate on the 5 people in LA who like the Clippers but the bandwagon fans were all dumb and obnoxious. Us Laker fans expect a certain level of class from other fan bases and these guys didn't have it...
My coworker is a diehard Clippers fan for all of his life. He was so excited this year, and we would have some friendly trash talk. I honestly thought it was his year. His moment had finally come.

I haven't seen him at work since Clippers lost game 5...

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
My coworker is a diehard Clippers fan for all of his life. He was so excited this year, and we would have some friendly trash talk. I honestly thought it was his year. His moment had finally come.

That 4th quarter would set any legit fan back a few decades.

As a hater I thought it was hilarious but if that was my team that would be a real tough one.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017

I've never ever seen a fanbase so annoyingly cocky before ever achieving anything. It's poetic justice that they lost in this fashion.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I've never ever seen a fanbase so annoyingly cocky before ever achieving anything. It's poetic justice that they lost in this fashion.
There were a million fake Heat fans that appeared the second LeBron went to the Heat.

I don't care who you root for but if you just became a fan in the offseason show at least a few months patience before becoming a complete jackass.

Even Boston fans know this.

Oct 29, 2017
I was rewatching parts of this game. Doc Rivers job should be in jeopardy for the defensive scheme they employed. The Clippers kept doubling Jokic and he made them pay with passing. The Clippers never adjusted to that. That falls on Doc.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Bruh it is. You won't regret it 😂😂😂
PZSnxpP.jpg

Yyktqa9.jpg

they were spectacular. Sweet Lou, I understand now.

Lemon Pepper > trophies tbqh

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
There were a million fake Heat fans that appeared the second LeBron went to the Heat.

I don't care who you root for but if you just became a fan in the offseason show at least a few months patience before becoming a complete jackass.

Even Boston fans know this.

Heat fans will probably never get the bangwagon stink off of them, because their success has always been a feast or famine mode. I don't think anyone was caring about whose Alonzo Mourning/Hardaway teams of the 90s, even if they were very good most of the time. Shaq/Wade was 3 years before it blew up, then 4 years of the Heatles...it sucks being a fan of a team that just sucks for long stretches and then you have people coming in with hot takes about titles not counting because of xyz.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This is the biggest blowback I have personally ever seen to a team choking. Like even when the Warriors choked you didn't have active players opening trashing them and laughing.

Even the Era NBA thread is like 25 straight pages of people laughing at them

Everyone outside of Clippers fans and certain talking heads hated this team.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I would watch but seeing Skip literally screaming about how unfair Arians was to Tom Brady today was the last straw. It's a fucking reality show at this point.

This is literally what it always has been, whether first take, undisputed, it is bullshit. That was your last straw? Skip is not a fan of anything and is a complete piece of human shit

Oct 27, 2017

That's because anybody who has been a Clipper fan for a reasonable amount of time knew it was over when we choked game 5. I even pointed out how this was going to be just like 2015 as the comeback was happening. It was like when we trotted out Daniel Ewing up 3 at the end of regulation of game 5 vs the Suns in 2006 only to get a 3 ball in his face, except stretched over the course of 3 games. I've had friends contemplate how much worse it could get and I always tell them the same thing: much like the rest of world, it can always get worse.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
so what are the chances doc is fired? who would even replace him?
He's not getting fired this season. Clippers are going to run it back, Kawhi only has 1 year left on his deal and he wanted to play for Doc. If they don't win a chip next season, then his job is in serious trouble tho

Nov 5, 2017
Kawhi Leonard: injured for a whole year from 2018 - 19 (and having disputes with Popovich and the Spurs) from the highest of highs (NBA champion in 2019, finals MVP in 2019) to the lowest of lows (eliminated in the 2nd round, lost a 3-1 lead in 3 separate games when they were leading by double digits, etc).

His career is so turbulent. LOL!

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
He's not getting fired this season. Clippers are going to run it back, Kawhi only has 1 year left on his deal and he wanted to play for Doc. If they don't win a chip next season, then his job is in serious trouble tho

lol imagine wanting to play for Doc. Jesus. It's almost like wanting to play for Brett Brown.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
This is the biggest blowback I have personally ever seen to a team choking. Like even when the Warriors choked you didn't have active players opening trashing them and laughing.

Even the Era NBA thread is like 25 straight pages of people laughing at them

Everyone outside of Clippers fans and certain talking heads hated this team.

Fucking clowns shoulda kept their mouth shut. Stay Humble.