• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lakers were 3rd in the west before Lebron injury without AD. Just saying

edit: 4th but still
That was also a completely different team as well.

giphy.gif

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Can't blame Kawhi for leaving. A lot of people in Toronto and news broadcast stations were stalking him around (most likely casual bandwagon fans), plus I'm sure he just wanted to be back home.

It's true, Raptors could've made a further run with him, but I also think we could've made a further run with Jonas Valanciunas instead of Marc Gasol. Or if Nick Nurse used some of his bench players, or if etc..

Anyways, Doc Rivers has finally been exposed. Poor guy is going to be a commentator now, I don't think I could take listening to his voice though

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Shannon has had the best week of his life in regards to Undisputed.

Lakers - Won
Chiefs - Won
Bucs - Lost
Cowboys - Lost
Clippers -Lost (and completely choked a 3-1 series lead with Kawhi playing like dog shit in game 7)

He's gonna absolutely tear into Skip this morning

Last edited:

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't watch this series. How was this a bigger choke than the Warriors losing to the Cavs after being up 3-1?

What's the background story with Dame?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Shannon has had the best week of his life in regards to Undisputed.

Lakers - Won
Chiefs - Won
Patriots - Lost
Cowboys - Lost
Clippers -Lost (and completely choked a 3-1 series lead with Kawhi playing like dog shit in game 7)

He's gonna absolutely tear into Skip this morning
Club Shay Shay is open to errybody today.

maxresdefault.jpg

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Didn't watch this series. How was this a bigger choke than the Warriors losing to the Cavs after being up 3-1?

What's the background story with Dame?

It wasn't. The Warriors choke was definitely worse than this simply because that was the finals whereas this was the Semifinals. The Warriors were also coming off that legendary regular season where they surpassed the Bulls in terms of regular season wins.

This is definitely up there as one of the biggest chokes though.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Clippers being Clippers. The 50 year old WCF virgins.

That being said...I want a Heat v Nuggets match up SO bad.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't. The Warriors choke was definitely worse than this simply because that was the finals whereas this was the Semifinals. The Warriors were also coming off that legendary regular season where they surpassed the Bulls in terms of regular season wins.

This is definitely up there as one of the biggest chokes though.
I was confused cause people in this thread and the NBA OT were calling it the biggest choke in NBA history.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Nah it's in the bubble. Don't get me wrong, it's bad. But this situation can't be compared to a normal playoffs situation.

My problem with that is every team is playing in the same bubble. If anything that makes it a leveled playing field.

I was confused cause people in this thread and the NBA OT were calling it the biggest choke in NBA history.

Like pound for pound, that Golden State choke is not going to be topped because leading up to it there was nonstop talk about that team being "The Greatest of All Time", no exaggeration

And then after that you got the 2011 Heatles flaming out against the Mavs.

So maybe this Clippers team comes in third? lol

Last edited:

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
People live in the moment lol.

The Clippers are filled with flaws from top to bottom, due to Kawhi's incredible playoff run last year, people just seem to ignored it.

Doc Rivers is an overrated coach who's living on his 2008 title, he's underachieved ever since. Our second best player Paul George since 2017 is been known as a playoff under performer. Lou Williams and Harrell might be our 3rd and 4th guys and they play 0 defence.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
The bubble is to blame. Clippers obviously missed their famous home crowd who got them to the finals before.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Of all the times to pull a choke job, you deny us an LA battle and Kawhi's attempt to save the NBA a second time. At least it takes away the Rockets' failures.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch much of the Clippers games this year, but they showed me who they were a little bit in their matchup against the Mavericks. Played with no urgency the entire series, except for one game, and they had the deal with Paul George.

I thought Harrel would give them something defensively, and I was wrong there. Dude plays no defense, same with Lou... their 3rd and 4th best players.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I feel for Clippers fans.
My city's baseball team (finnish baseball) has won the national championship in 1976 the last time.

This saturday we will play in finals again, a chance to take the championship after 44 years.
We've had many chances since 2008, but no win in the last game yet.

Somehow I'm already conditioned to lose but I'd go crazy if we win.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Rondo's brother had a better performance in a closeout playoff game than the Clips as a whole.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the former Spur was going to lead them to the promised land...oh right, he has Paul George. Nvm.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
You can't be one of the best players if you don't show up in maybe the most important game ever for your team.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Should have stayed in Toronto one year and tried to run it back.

The way he held the Lakers hostage so they had limited signing options, to his cheesy commercials, definitely soured me on him.

Sorry double posted

Lakers fans at least live in LA where players want to play. Kawhi was holding the Raps hostage too and we had to sign nobodies to fill our roster. Shit sucked.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I like Kawhai and hes a great player but the level of hyperbole around him this season was absurd
People seriously saying he was a "Jordan-like" closer after he managed to hit a lucky one in a million miracle shot.(Not to discount that his playoff run last year wasnt great or anything).

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly can't think of a more overrated "star" than Paul George.

Kawhi shouldn't have left Toronto but to have the clippers mortgage their future and for George??

Yikes

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Did Golden State go up in each of the final 3 games by double digits and still lose? Kawhi and George combined for 0 points in the 4th quarter of their game 7 loss. Kawhi also scored just 2 points the entire half during last night's loss. That's a choke job of epic proportions.

It's one thing to lose a series after being up 3-1, but what the Clippers did and how they lost, that shit is legendary.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
If it helps, the Claw could take solace on the fact that he at least scored 2 points in the second half of his Game 7 defeat. Wilt Chamberlain did not made any . . . . because he did not take a single shot in the second half of his Game 7 defeat in 1968 which made his team the first NBA team to blow a 3-1 lead in the Playoffs.