• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If this is real maybe they're going to announce a movie remake of the trilogy.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Well that could be interesting! Definetly curious about it, not expecting much though.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
This could be absolutely fascinating, and possibly quite horrifying.

Psychological horror where you're tortured by the One Ring whilst trying to avoid Orcs, Goblins, and whatever remains of Sauron's forces at that time?

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
When I read those books my first thought was "this should be a character action game"

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Daedalic make adventure games like Deponia? At least, that's the only one that I recognize. This seems different for them, but best of luck, could be very interesting.
Yes that has been their main genre up until now (not counting the games they released as publisher), but they are moving on to more gameplay oriented stuff. Another project inhouse is A Year of Rain, a RTS with Hero-based mechanics.

The shift is coming in part from the fact that a lot of people watch those adventure games on Twitch in stead of buying and playing them.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Following Gollum before the books?

Soooo....finding the ring and just bumming around in some caves? Does Gollum have any prior history other than that? I have no idea.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Warner lost the license? hm....

Yeah. The Lego LOTR/Hobbit games were delisted at the beginning of the year. Warner didn't have an exclusive licence, though. In addition to its games, in the post-EA era, there is also LOTR: The Living Card Game and the upcoming LOTR: Journeys in Middle-earth, published by Asmodee and Fantasy Flight, respectively.

Last edited:

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
haha WHAT? What did Gollum even get up to? I had the impression that he just kind of slinked away into a cave and rotted into the debased form we know him as.... not the most compelling game set up, but I'm open minded.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
All relevant consoles ? Pour Switch lol.

Nah honestly....that should be great Daedalic is the real deal.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
kREN5mQOaywQWzei_wejRrgedjgNbG2nDHH3RGftfJGdn4hiP8mhUHDReIrg_09KleKq5g=w400-h163-nc

This could be a really interesting game , less action and more exploration and stealth

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
"You already have that big conflict in the character, two voices talking to you continuously, which means there is a good reason there are decisions to make in the game: the Smeagol decisions or the Gollum decision," Carsten Fichtelmann, CEO and co-founder of Daedalic Entertainment, tells The Hollywood Reporter.
...Fichtel ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP9Wp6QVbsk
Sorry for the obnoxious joke. Resist I could not.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
The fuck?

I want to imagine what a level capped Gollum would look like.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, and I had just blocked the fact that they turned Shelob into a sexy lady from my mind.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Riding the LOTRonPrime show carousel. Sneaky bastards are so smart. The exposure from the show will boost sales like crazy I'm sure even if not related.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone expecting an Action-Platformer/RPG?
This is obviously going to be a Point-and-Click Adventure.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This is so weird, could be an interesting time and character to explore but as an action adventure video game Gollum would have to be a badass killing tons of people. That just feels wrong.