• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people are forgetting how animated JB animals are in comparison to LK

Like compare the two scenes

In JB the characters had problems with the photorealism but the characters do emote and had more life they're doing motions and voice actors are way better. It's probably subtle but they feel like they have life

LK just have blank faces most of the time, the camera is a lot more lifeless and they don't move around as much or at least their heads don't

They went full realism
Watched a few clips from The Jungle Book since it's been a while and those animals definitely look more expressive, even the cats. It's kinda weird.
Yeah I went on YouTube to make sure and yeah it wasn't my memory

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it.

Its basically a shot for shot remake of the original. Its doing NOTHING different or special. Also the voice acting felt really off. Like the animals were lip syncing or something. Not really sure how to explain it. The film is beautiful but that was expected. Also "can you feel the love tonight" takes place during the day. Like what the hell...

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4vrREd7.gif

This spawned a generation of furries, didn't it?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like one of those shitty "your favorite game remade in Unreal Engine!!" projects. Technically impressive but devoid of life or integrity.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Yikes, well one more week to go until we all see for ourselves, but this is about as critic proof as movie can be. Money never lies.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
It's like people see these films out of some strange obligation.

Disney is the most creatively bankrupt studio in existence and they own the most market. Sad state of affairs.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
have to say, I find Ehrlich's writing is utterly cringe worthy at times.

Favreau's movie fails to grapple with how the unreality of the studio's lush 2D artwork unlocked kids' imagination and made it so much fun to suspend disbelief; the digital wizardry denies our minds the permission they need to dream.
Who experienced the animated Lion King as giving them permission to dream?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Where are all those people who were defending this mediocrity when the trailers released now?

Always looked like an uninspired mess with DIsney continuing to take a dump on its legacy.

Hell, I'm still excited for it and most of the general audience I'm sure is to. They'll love it like they did Aladdin.

I'm actually currently jamming to the soundtrack right now.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'll be the judge of this myself. Critics panned Aladdin too, and I loved that film. Just because they hate the fact of this film's existence doesn't mean the film itself is gonna suck. Something can be "unnecessary" and still be an enjoyable watch.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame people will reward this soulless crap with their cash just because they're addicted to remixed nostalgia.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the judge of this myself. Critics panned Aladdin too, and I loved that film. Just because they hate the fact of this film's existence doesn't mean the film itself is gonna suck. Something can be "unnecessary" and still be an enjoyable watch.

That's kind of how I feel. It's still the Lion King, so I'll probably enjoy it. Not sure why people are upset, the original is still there and if this is bad, then it will probably make me appreciate more what the animated and the stage versions did that make those so great and enduring.

And in any case, Disney's live action efforts before they started doing remakes were average at best with John Carter and Tomorrowland, so nothing that great has been lost.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
If you told me going into this summer that Aladdin and the Lion King would have similar RT scores, I would have shut the door in your face. Aladdin ended up fun, so I'm not going to judge this one till I see it. It was always going to be hard to go from the near magical and perfect animated version, and try to bring all that into a photo-realistic live action version.

Oct 2, 2018
It's a shame people will reward this soulless crap with their cash just because they're addicted to remixed nostalgia.

the fandom review says this isn't great for kids because the animal violence stuff is now a bit hard to watch or something. so YMMV on whether or not parents will bring their children.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, how can Can You Feel The Love Tonight take place during day time?

It's right there in the fucking title.

TONIGHT.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I actually thought Aladdin looked decent from the trailers and clips so the reviews surprised me, the reviews for this seem spot on with the released footage though.