• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Who is doing young Simba and Nala? kids got chops

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Made a lot of changes to Be Prepared but GODDAMN that ending.

Last edited:

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The music sounds really good actually.
But the clip I saw of them singing hakuna matata was so jarring. The actions on screen just do not match up with the music.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I just realized that there is a 100% chance of obnoxious motherfuckers in the audience singing along to every song when I go to see this. Auuugh.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Be prepared is more like a Reprise of the original, and to be honest I like it a lot more. Shocked that they got I can't wait to be king in the movie though, that acid trip sequence surely cannot have been reproduced, can it? Otherwise, the musical portions are far more faithful to the original than Alladin, kinda stupid of me to listen to this before seeing it in theaters cause something tells me I am gonna enjoy this experience a whole lot more than that one.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Be prepared is more like a Reprise of the original, and to be honest I like it a lot more. Shocked that they got I can't wait to be king in the movie though, that acid trip sequence surely cannot have been reproduced, can it? Otherwise, the musical portions are far more faithful to the original than Alladin, kinda stupid of me to listen to this before seeing it in theaters cause something tells me I am gonna enjoy this experience a whole lot more than that one.

For what it's worth I still enjoyed Aladdin and got goose bumps during the songs in theaters after I had already listened to some of the soundtrack.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Be Prepared is so disappointing and I'm not really enjoying how He Lives In You sounds but everything else sounds pretty good.

Spirit is bad and it's such a shame that got made instead of putting in Shadowlands.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Be Prepared made it in there.

And He Lives in You from the Broadway as well?

Plus we also dodge The Morning Report? Great!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
He Lives in You!!!!
its-so-beautiful-gif.gif

It's completely in a different language which is a new experience for me since I'm so used to The Lion King 2's version.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Reflections of Mufasa and Remember are amazing. Zimmer changed just enough of the OST and knocked it out of the park.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The original Be Prepared was never going to be topped, so they went for something completely different here, making it more like a subdued reprise with changed lyrics, and that's probably for the best in the long run.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Listening to some of them in full now.

Young Simba and Young Nala sound excellent. I Just Can't Wait to be King sounds good. The original song has such distinct inflections though so it's sounds a little "off." But it's a very good rendition with great mixing on the instrumentals.

No love for Hakuna Matata, though. Not a fan of Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen in these roles. I know it's not really fair to say because it's lazy criticism but it just sounds so phoned in compared to most of the other performances. Like they aren't trying as hard because they're the comic relief characters. Especially with the new limited range of animations this song sounds like it's going to be real flat.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Why mess with a classic like that? 😔

Be Prepared isn't hitting me the way it did before. That first bit before "idiots there will be a king" was my favourite.

New version isn't bad, I just wanted to see the whole bit remade.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that there is a 100% chance of obnoxious motherfuckers in the audience singing along to every song when I go to see this. Auuugh.

Try to go to a viewing with few people in it. Wait a few weeks if you need to, it's not like the story can be spoiled for you.

A few audiences members humming and singing along to what is probably the most well-known musical of my generation sounds awesome to me. I feel like my son is gonna be singing a bit in his seat lol

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to some of them in full now.

Young Simba and Young Nala sound excellent. I Just Can't Wait to be King sounds good. The original song has such distinct inflections though so it's sounds a little "off." But it's a very good rendition with great mixing on the instrumentals.

No love for Hakuna Matata, though. Not a fan of Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen in these roles. I know it's not really fair to say because it's lazy criticism but it just sounds so phoned in compared to most of the other performances. Like they aren't trying as hard because they're the comic relief characters. Especially with the new limited range of animations this song sounds like it's going to be real flat.
Billy does a great job I think, but Seth less so. Hakuna Matata seems to be the weak link in the songs, which is interesting because so many initial impressions call out Billy and Seth for stealing the show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why mess with a classic like that? 😔

Be Prepared isn't hitting me the way it did before. That first bit before "idiots there will be a king" was my favourite.

New version isn't bad, I just wanted to see the whole bit remade.

There was always going to have to be a lot of work done on Scar and Be Prepared because the whole effeminate Nazi thing really doesn't click in 2019. But yeah, the visuals of that sequence...fuck. Still top three Disney villain songs in my book, even if Hellfire will never, ever be topped. God damn, Menken. God damn.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Agreeing with you here, but mostly about Rogen. "And OHHH the shame" is really just dying to have Ernie Sabella back singing that.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I Just Can't Wait To Be King slaps, got damn. John Oliver did his thing, and Young Simba crushed it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that Be Prepared got shortened so heavily, but the ending to it sounds pretty great.