• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
I could live with making a master thread for it. my main concern is that this place seems to have a well-established precedent for not praising problematic people like the ones I mentioned earlier in this thread, but as long as they're mean enough to Trump, those standards are suddenly nowhere to be seen, and anyone bringing up these concerns is being repeatedly dismissed. agreed with both your points as well

Yeah I definitely feel you on this. Reminds me of my mother recently praising Bill Kristol of all people for "standing up to Trump."

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
I like these Lincoln Project ads, but does anyone actually see them? I've never seen one of these ads or heard people talk about them outside of Era.
These are extremely location targeted, so depending on where you live, you may only see them digitally. They all get millions of views though online, so they are visible.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Trump watching this:

50087335506_a8da7eb1a1_o.gif

Not just Trump apparently

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm genuinely pissed that this isn't the Democratic party that's doing these. They have no reason not to except some imagined standard of decorum that the right in no way shares with them. They SHOULD be calling out Trump for the piece of shit that he is and pressuring him to make mistakes, but instead we need to rely on the other Republicans who "enemy of my enemy" us to do that, an alliance that will dissolve as soon as Trump is out.
What should really trouble you is that The Lincoln Project is fully capable of unleashing these ads against the Democrats in 2022 and 2024 and the Democrats seem to have ZERO ability to answer them or combat them with their own ad dollars. And there's zero excuse for that.

That's not a Biden issue. That's a political protocol issue.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
That is a special kind of underhanded, designing an ad not to target a demographic, but a single person... I love it.

Lincoln Project's still scum, but at least they're currently pointed at the right individual.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is ingenious and absolutely deserved. I feel no pity for him. I actually hope this tears him up. Fuck him. Should also say fuck The Lincoln Project too.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
The whispering voice reaffirming everything is truly a touch of genius.
Well played Lincoln Project. Well played indeed.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The agenda is to pollute/divert this and every other LP thread with false equivalence to get in attacks on Biden.

I have said multiple times that I am going to vote for Biden, other posters you have accused also have said that they were going to vote for Biden. Maybe stop with the conspiracy theories and realize that people have an issue with TLP and the praise it gets cause of TLP.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Just want to point out the absolute ferocity and endless strength behind this particular topic and how unbelievably peculiar I find it.

Of all the shit that happens. In all of 2020, one of the strongest and consistent campaigns of chain posting in anger to the point of lunacy comes from people basically posting:

1.gif

In a thread about Republicans tearing each others heads off prior to the 2020 election.
kpRrnOX.png

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What should really trouble you is that The Lincoln Project is fully capable of unleashing these ads against the Democrats in 2022 and 2024 and the Democrats seem to have ZERO ability to answer them or combat them with their own ad dollars. And there's zero excuse for that.

That's not a Biden issue. That's a political protocol issue.

jg3fmabwfkpnedmpaix5.png

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Just want to point out the absolute ferocity and endless strength behind this particular topic and how unbelievably peculiar I find it.

Of all the shit that happens. In all of 2020, one of the strongest and consistent campaigns of chain posting in anger to the point of lunacy comes from people basically posting:

1.gif

In a thread about Republicans tearing each others heads off prior to the 2020 election.
kpRrnOX.png
Its because there's a bunch of people celebrating republicans in this thread and honestly its a little concerning.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Good! I apologize if I have misjudged you.

It's all good homie. I just really want people to understand that Biden is not the be all end all, and has a lot of problems. I know people who genuinely advocate not voting for Biden and I think that's definitely a bridge too far. This is a hold-my-nose moment, just like it was for Clinton, but yeah, I expect Biden won't be great but will be better. We have to ask ourselves why Lincoln Republicans like Biden.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I have said multiple times that I am going to vote for Biden, other posters you have accused also have said that they were going to vote for Biden. Maybe stop with the conspiracy theories and realize that people have an issue with TLP and the praise it gets cause of TLP.

That's fine. Personally, I agree that there should probably just be 1 thread for LP specific ads given how frequently they appear and how passionate people get about them.

I do understand the hesitation to be seen as supporting a group of GOP operatives. What I do not agree with is the constant attempt to not merely state that opinion, but literally try to browbeat this forum into banning the ads - ads, which again, are 10x as harsh on Trump as any dem ads running.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This is factually wrong and one of the posters who said they weren't going to vote for Biden and made a point of derailing every one of these threads was just banned for a week. The other one I have on ignore, so whatever.

It's all good homie. I just really want people to understand that Biden is not the be all end all, and has a lot of problems. I know people who genuinely advocate not voting for Biden and I think that's definitely a bridge too far. This is a hold-my-nose moment, just like it was for Clinton, but yeah, I expect Biden won't be great but will be better. We have to ask ourselves why Lincoln Republicans like Biden.
Some of them have been incredibly vocal about their hatred of Trump since before he got into office. And it's not like they were making ads against other primary candidates to push Biden over others.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Its because there's a bunch of people celebrating republicans in this thread and honestly its a little concerning.

They're celebrating Republicans attacking Donald Trump with well-made ads, and who are pushing for a Biden presidency.

Declaring it simply as "people celebrating republicans" seems reductive given the context.

People stepping away from party lines to reproach him should've been more common during his Presidency, but as it is now, it's a novelty and people enjoy that.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The message has the right heart and is sound/strong.

The problem is that the people that these messages are aimed at will probably not matter to them at all and go over their heads/easily be ignored. Also these feel just cheesy enough (like the echoe'd whispering) to feel like anyone who they're targeted against will just make fun of those aspects instead of realizing what it's really saying or doing, even I found it to be a little hammy.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is factually wrong and one of the posters who said they weren't going to vote for Biden and made a point of derailing every one of these threads was just banned for a week. The other one I have on ignore, so whatever.
"me and other people criticizing these ads are gonna vote biden"

"factually wrong"

Dude get a grip

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
The message has the right heart and is sound/strong.

The problem is that the people that these messages are aimed at will probably not matter to them at all and go over their heads/easily be ignored. Also these feel just cheesy enough (like the echoe'd whispering) to feel like anyone who they're targeted against will just make fun of those aspects instead of realizing what it's really saying or doing, even I found it to be a little hammy.

LP generally has 2 types of ads. Most of them are real ads designed to sway voters.

The other type are personal messages for Trump.

This is the latter

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're celebrating Republicans attacking Donald Trump with well-made ads, and who are pushing for a Biden presidency.

Declaring it simply as "people celebrating republicans" seems reductive given the context.
This. Their ads are potentially helpful. The more attack ads aimed at Trump that push a Biden presidency, the better.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ok, TODAY, he has accused multiple people of having an anti-Biden agenda and was "twisting" the topic to make it so and most, if not all, have responded that they are voting for him. So no, finding one poster when there have been multiple others does not make what I said "factually wrong".

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
People here handwringing about the 2022 and 2024 elections as if there will be meaningful elections if Trump wins

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
they put it on fox news so he watches it.
That's just it, they directly target the ads for his location, for the Fox shows he watches.
Supposedly they are directly targeting his eyes with their ad buys. I have no clue if that's true or where that news came from. But, it's what people here keep saying, and I want it to be true. So, it must be true.

Ah, thanks for the info.

They're having enough of an impact that Club for Growth launched an ad solely targeting The Lincoln Project

More or less using the same arguments you see here

Super-PACs running attack ads against super-PACs is pretty meta.

Politico ran an article on why the Lincoln Project ads are so effective:

www.politico.com

What the Lincoln Project Ad Makers Get About Voters (and What Dems Don’t)

The Republicans of the Lincoln Project might have an advantage over Trump’s left-leaning opponents.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
The agenda is to pollute/divert this and every other LP thread with false equivalence to get in attacks on Biden.

I and many other posters have repeatedly voiced concerns about how these threads are uncritically praising Republicans (note that my original post doesn't mention Biden once), and I don't appreciate these concerns being dismissed time and again as bad-faith trolling by people who have some agenda against Joe Biden.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
We have to ask ourselves why Lincoln Republicans like Biden.

I have explained numerous times why they are making these ads and it has nothing to do with Biden. These are the people that have been pushed out of the GoP by Trumpers. They want back in and Trump gone. Who the Dems are running is irrelevant. I could see a reasonable debate about how scary a proposition it is to have Krystol and co gain thier influence back in the GoP but the idea that they are doing this for Biden because they like him is nonsense. It insinuates a conspiracy theory that Biden is some kind of covert neo-con.

Oct 25, 2017

And who cares if they take jabs at Neoliberal candidate? Why does it matter?

Some of us are looking bigger picture and care about the motive of TLP which is to rehab the image of the Republican Party and do what they can to distance trump. It's funny how they weren't doing this in 2016? Or where was the onslaught of ads in 2018?

It's clear as day these folks want the moderate centrist garbage of Clinton's and Bush's.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I just want to watch his reaction to seeing all these videos. Like a YouTube reaction series.....that he doesn't know is being taped.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I and many other posters have repeatedly voiced concerns about how these threads are uncritically praising Republicans (note that my original post doesn't mention Biden once), and I don't appreciate these concerns being dismissed time and again as bad-faith trolling by people who have some agenda against Joe Biden.

Recognizing that disgustingly negative Trump ads are effective does not equal "uncritically praising Republicans". That's a bad faith characterization.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
And who cares if they take jabs at Neoliberal candidate? Why does it matter?

Some of us are looking bigger picture and care about the motive of TLP which is to rehab the image of the Republican Party and do what they can to distance trump. It's funny how they weren't doing this in 2016? Or where was the onslaught of ads in 2018?

It's clear as day these folks want the moderate centrist garbage of Clinton's and Bush's.

I..rest my case?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
So here's one thing I don't get.

I believe TLP is trying to get ahead of the curve of rehabilitating the party and being there after Trump craters and saying "our turn."

So why are they running ads against GOP Senators? Not just out and out troglodytes, either, but ones where they might flip?

Serious question. Unless they are trying to sell themselves as future power brokers. That their apparent motives don't explain all their activities makes me suspicious, and knowing who these guys are that's certainly warranted.

If it were just after Trump they'd make a lot more sense.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
This still going huh?

I just don't understand why anyone is trying to view this group behind 2020.

In 2021 and on they were always going to push Republican agendas. Today however they are pushing an agenda of removing Trump.

If Biden wins in November and we gain the Senate as well, nobody will care what TLP begins planning for 2022 and 2024. We will have control of all 3 branches and can start making some positive change.

I'll take any temporary help we can if it guarantees that opportunity.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recognizing that disgustingly negative Trump ads are effective does not equal "uncritically praising Republicans". That's a bad faith characterization.

Effective how? Aren't most of these commercials designed to annoy Trump? Trump gets annoyed, congrats an "effective" anti-Trump ad?

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden wins in November and we gain the Senate as well, nobody will care what TLP begins planning for 2022 and 2024. We will have control of all 3 branches and can start making some positive change.

So like we did last time we had super majority? When we have reach across the aisle power brokers? Sure, ok, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.