• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, this. Like I seriously think a discussion is necessary, what is the proper place to express that?

What? You literally made a thread to discuss Lincoln Project don't act like you are being censored. Anyway you can criticize just don't use it to frame other posters as bad for supporting the ads. Like the ole "if you support this then you are..." Stick to slamming the people behind the ads. That should be fine.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to discuss the content of the ad itt rather than petty disagreements as to whether the TLP is considered fibre or refined sugar. Wish yall would make a different thread for that.

On topic - comes close to the JP one for overloading Trump's senses and making them spend money on calming the beast rather than battlegrounds.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Would love to discuss the content of the ad itt rather than petty disagreements as to whether the TLP is considered fibre or refined sugar. Wish yall would make a different thread for that.

On topic - comes close to the JP one for overloading Trump's senses and making them spend money on calming the beast rather than battlegrounds.
There's much more here that's worthy of discussion than just what's in the ads.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, their strategy is straight up going for Trump's mental sanity?

Bold. I like it.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017

This.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't know why you have a hate boner for me but you should probably lay off.
I'm pretty sure he's right though. You made a thread about not supporting TLP, then posted in two threads about everyone needing to stop supporting TLP, then asked in the latest thread where to put your opinion about the site allowing links to TLP ads.

It is a bit weird. Just make another thread about it, I guess? I imagine though you're just trying to get this one closed as well by starting the same discussion over here, that already made the mods close the first one soo

edit to be clear: I might even agree with you. But the way you go about it doesn't seem like the best one.

Last edited:

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
as a minority, I do not feel comfortable seeing advertising by anti-abortion, pro-war, anti-immigrant republicans being repeatedly signal-boosted on this website and these people being repeatedly praised for their work. if this community has totally curbed all discussion on Chapo Trap House, Joe Rogan, and Cenk Uygur, then campaign advisors to John Mcain, George W. Bush, John Kasich, and Rudy Giuliani should be a no-brainer. I find it disturbing that I and many others have voiced the same concern and weeks later we are still getting threads effusively praising never trump republicans. I would appreciate if these concerns were not completely ignored and met with bans yet again

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
What's the likelihood of Trump even seeing these ads? From what I understand his media consumption consists of right-wing cable news, his self-curated Twitter feed, and aides feeding him good news to keep him happy. If Trump never actually watches the ad, it seems like it ultimately amounts to spitting in the wind.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
What's the likelihood of Trump even seeing these ads? From what I understand his media consumption consists of right-wing cable news, his self-curated Twitter feed, and aides feeding him good news to keep him happy. If Trump never actually watches the ad, it seems like it ultimately amounts to spitting in the wind.

They are living in his head, rent free. 100% he will see this.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

they put it on fox news so he watches it.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
That's just it, they directly target the ads for his location, for the Fox shows he watches.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
We need a democratic coalition that does as good of ads as these guys. Like, seriously.

It's a shame that these guys will go back into the republican bunker after this is done. We could really use an attack force. Dems really need to get better at messaging.

VoteVets is a progressive veteran PAC that has also been hitting Trump (and the Lincoln Project has been signal boosting them non-stop)

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Supposedly they are directly targeting his eyes with their ad buys. I have no clue if that's true or where that news came from. But, it's what people here keep saying, and I want it to be true. So, it must be true.

We need a democratic coalition that does as good of ads as these guys. Like, seriously.

It's a shame that these guys will go back into the republican bunker after this is done. We could really use an attack force. Dems really need to get better at messaging.

A lot on the left would be against it because they think the left needs to remain as civil as possible and will attack their own for taking even the lightest of swipes at someone on the right. Civility over all!

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as a minority, I do not feel comfortable seeing advertising by anti-abortion, pro-war, anti-immigrant republicans being repeatedly signal-boosted on this website and these people being repeatedly praised for their work. if this community has totally curb all discussion on Chapo Trap House, Joe Rogan, and Cenk Uygur, then campaign advisors to John Mcain, George W. Bush, John Kasich, and Rudy Giuliani should be a no-brainer. thanks

100% agree

Oct 25, 2017
as a minority, I do not feel comfortable seeing advertising by anti-abortion, pro-war, anti-immigrant republicans being repeatedly signal-boosted on this website and these people being repeatedly praised for their work. if this community has totally curb all discussion on Chapo Trap House, Joe Rogan, and Cenk Uygur, then campaign advisors to John Mcain, George W. Bush, John Kasich, and Rudy Giuliani should be a no-brainer. I find it disturbing that I and many others have voiced the same concern and weeks later we are still getting threads effusively praising never trump republicans. thanks

Don't expect the same. As long as it's a dunk on Trump people don't seem too care. These ads are also essentially preaching to the choir here

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly they are directly targeting his eyes with their ad buys. I have no clue if that's true or where that news came from. But, it's what people here keep saying, and I want it to be true. So, it must be true.

A lot on the left would be against it because they think the left needs to remain as civil as possible and will attack their own for taking even the lightest of swipes at someone on the right. Civility over all!

Hell, we're seeing attacks from the left for even liking these ads.

That said, it's nice to have an outside do the dirty hits as it potentially insulates moderate independents form getting turned off both candidates.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
as a minority, I do not feel comfortable seeing advertising by anti-abortion, pro-war, anti-immigrant republicans being repeatedly signal-boosted on this website and these people being repeatedly praised for their work. if this community has totally curb all discussion on Chapo Trap House, Joe Rogan, and Cenk Uygur, then campaign advisors to John Mcain, George W. Bush, John Kasich, and Rudy Giuliani should be a no-brainer. I find it disturbing that I and many others have voiced the same concern and weeks later we are still getting threads effusively praising never trump republicans. I would appreciate if these concerns were not completely ignored and met with bans yet again
this this this this

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
as a minority, I do not feel comfortable seeing advertising by anti-abortion, pro-war, anti-immigrant republicans being repeatedly signal-boosted on this website and these people being repeatedly praised for their work. if this community has totally curb all discussion on Chapo Trap House, Joe Rogan, and Cenk Uygur, then campaign advisors to John Mcain, George W. Bush, John Kasich, and Rudy Giuliani should be a no-brainer. I find it disturbing that I and many others have voiced the same concern and weeks later we are still getting threads effusively praising never trump republicans. I would appreciate if these concerns were not completely ignored and met with bans yet again

I'll echo this.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

this seems completely reasonable to me, agreed

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Funny as this is, have no doubts these people will run the same type of bs against your preferred candidate next round. Enemy of my enemy, etc...

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Same as fuck. People don't want to weigh anything beyond the election (wHaTeVeR iT tAKeS), and it's fucking tiring.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
If these ads help depress republican turnout just a little bit, then its 100% worth it.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
"Hahaha look at these cool republican trolls owning Trump. Welcome to the #Resistance." - Absolute Dipshit liberals.

"I love fantasizing about murdering Michael Brown." - The psychopath behind these ads.

Hope you all enjoy the Lincoln project because these twofaced scumbags will absolutely be running the Biden Democratic party within 2 years.
Can you please explain how these people will be running the Biden Democratic party within 2 years? Thanks.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're having enough of an impact that Club for Growth launched an ad solely targeting The Lincoln Project

More or less using the same arguments you see here

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Same as fuck. People don't want to weigh anything beyond the election (wHaTeVeR iT tAKeS), and it's fucking tiring.
Do you blame them? We risk having four more years of Trump. Anything that helps prevent this is welcomed. Doesn't mean we don't see how this benefit them (TLP) as well. But we can't have any chance of a Trump re-election. No way, no how.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This ad makes me deeply uncomfortable. Gaslighting as a tactic says a lot about the people behind the Lincoln Project.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
They're having enough of an impact that Club for Growth launched an ad solely targeting The Lincoln Project

More or less using the same arguments you see here

As I said in the other thread, never interrupt your enemy in the middle of a mistake. Trying to reform the GOP for suburbia at the cost of the base will depress enthusiasm for both. And in the short term, make the GOP spend more money against itself.

I can see not wanting to post the ads on the site because of who's behind them but I 100% am glad that they exist.

johnsmith

Oct 26, 2017
As a Mexican-American, with family directly affected by Trump's vile policies, I have absolutely no problem with this group. We need every bit of help to defeat Donald Trump in November, and I welcome help from anybody looking to bring him down. I don't care what they did in the past and what they'll do in the future. November is all that matters.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Nothing matters beyond the election, and what is the risk here? That somehow we are all going to become republicans? This absolutely needs to be signal boosted.

As a Minority, I don't have that luxury to think of what the after of the election is, That is paramount.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Do you blame them? We risk having four more years of Trump. Anything that helps prevent this is welcomed. Doesn't mean we don't see how this benefit them (TLP) as well. But we can't have any chance of a Trump re-election. No way, no how.
Nothing matters beyond the election, and what is the risk here? That somehow we are all going to become republicans? This absolutely needs to be signal boosted.

As a Minority, I don't have that luxury to think of what the after of the election is, That is paramount.
I blame them for being short-sighted, yes. Trump isn't the final gasp of American-raised fascism. These Lincoln Project creatures could very well be propagandists for the next one, provided, oh, that he upholds the slightest veneer of civility. Rehabilitate them at our collective peril.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
This ad makes me deeply uncomfortable. Gaslighting as a tactic says a lot about the people behind the Lincoln Project.
Not saying you're wrong, but where is the gaslighting tactic here? I'm just seeing an ad that say Trump has built a joke of an administration and that no one within really has his back. His dumbass "I need loyalty" routine might have worked in his business ventures, but it's failed him in politics.
I blame them for being short-sighted, yes. Trump isn't the final gasp of American-raised fascism. These Lincoln Project creatures could very well be propagandists for the next one, provided, oh, that he upholds the slightest veneer of civility. Rehabilitate them at our collective peril.
I hear you. It wouldn't be the end of the world. The last 6 months have been tough, though, with everything combined, it does feel pretty bad. The republicans are definitely in bad shape, and will be in even worse shape after the election if all goes well. I'm not donating a single cent to the Lincoln Project, and democrats should know not too as well. But, as for right now, I'm happy to think it might have a positive effect for depressing republican turnout a little bit, hopefully.

Last edited:

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

We are again getting off topic here, but out of all the LP ads, I've seen one that could arguably be seen as problematic (the one comparing trump unfavorably to all the recent presidents). 99% of them are just horrible, classless, hatchet jobs on Trump. There is no GOP rehab going on.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Can you please explain how these people will be running the Biden Democratic party within 2 years? Thanks.

When you already have ravenous austerity hawks like Larry Kudlow moving in on designing economic policy for Biden's administration, it's hard not to think that Kasich-style-Republicans will make an open house out of the party. Biden's own longstanding Reaganism notwithstanding, I think it's reasonable to expect that his white house will be somewhere in the George W. Bush zone of rightwing American partisan politics.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
As a Mexican-American, with family directly affected by Trump's vile policies, I have absolutely no problem with this group. We need every bit of help to defeat Donald Trump in November, and I welcome help from anybody looking to bring him down. I don't care what they did in the past and what they'll do in the future. November is all that matters.

lots of people had no problem with Bernie's appearance on Joe Rogan because it would win him votes, but last I checked, I would be banned if I spoke about Joe Rogan as positively as people in here are speaking about never trump republicans. just because you have no problem with it doesn't mean it's not a legitimate grievance that should be addressed.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like these Lincoln Project ads, but does anyone actually see them? I've never seen one of these ads or heard people talk about them outside of Era.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

They won't be. It's a very silly angle. You can be against the people behind the ads but to the suggest they will be rewarded by Biden is hilarious. These ads are to preserve thier place in the GoP as they have been pushed out by Trumpers, that is the motivation here. The reward for them is a seat at the Republican table again which is obviously not good but Trumpers are no better so it's neither here nor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.