• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
Lincoln Project is not the good republicans. Many are responsible for dragging us into Iraq. Think of them as the true believers of neoconservativism.

I appreciate their ads but their world view and mine do not align.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
So is the Lincoln Project like, the "good" Republicans?
Hardly, they aren't particularly relevant in politics. Trump's approval among Republicans has been consistently in the 90s. These #NotAll Republicans have an outsized voice in OP-ED pages and the DC suburbs wine and cheese parties but can't muster the courage to critique how this is the end result of their own ideology.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are spending money to piss off trump and target the Embarrassed of Trump Republican Voters as a means of electing Biden. So for now they are useful tools especially with the lack of DNC funded ads at this point. If Republicans want to burn Trumps ass a bit then let them

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think this ad works like the others.

I mean, I agree with it, but that's the problem.

The Lincoln Project is good because it kicks Donald in the Fox news. He's incompetent etc.

This is making a great point, one I agree with, but not one that I can see resonating with Fox viewers.
I mostly agree with you. I think it will do well to embarrass those on the edge of agreeing with Trump, but nothing that takes from his base.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The ad is resonating a bit, "America or Trump" is a top topic on Twitter and Facebook this morning.

They've been really smart about ad spending. Rick WIlson mentioned on his podcast with Molly Jong Smith that they spent something like $365 TOTAL to run the ad on Fox News at the 11PM timeslot in one zipcode in America: the national mall in DC, an area super cheap to advertise in because nobody runs political ads in DC. It worked perfectly, Trump saw it on Tucker Carlson's program, and he flipped out and immediately started rage tweeting about it and the ad quickly got millions of views on YouTube and Twitter.

I don't think this ad works like the others.

I mean, I agree with it, but that's the problem.

The Lincoln Project is good because it kicks Donald in the Fox news. He's incompetent etc.

This is making a great point, one I agree with, but not one that I can see resonating with Fox viewers.

I agree, I think they're going to focus their advertising spending to run this in suburban areas and battleground states, not in the deep south.

This ad wouldn't resonate at all in white conservative places in the South or Mountain West, places that are proud of the confederacy and see voting for Trump as continuing this confederate legacy or whatever. Places, though, like Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Ohio ... states that fought and died fighting against the confederacy and were abolitionist states, I think if they can influence 10,000-30,000 people in those states, it's enough of a swing that Trump loses those states.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
But isn't this Lincoln Project funded by "traditional" conservatives who still happily take your money and give it to the rich? I guess they just want to do it quietly in the background instead.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
But isn't this Lincoln Project funded by "traditional" conservatives who still happily take your money and give it to the rich? I guess they just want to do it quietly in the background instead.

They are helping remove Trump from office, so I would say the enemy of my enemy is my friend. After the election is another story. Hopefully Biden starts making ads that are this good, because the Lincoln Project ads are really effective.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
hUsTDN.gif

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
They are helping remove Trump from office, so I would say the enemy of my enemy is my friend. After the election is another story. Hopefully Biden starts making ads that are this good, because the Lincoln Project ads are really effective.
These guys have a lot of classic political throat-slicing talent behind them. The problem with Biden doing it is it gives him a little of that Republican operative stink that turns off some moderates. For example one ad they just did goes after his mental health and feels juuuuust a bit slimy.

So we should enjoy this for now and be happy they'll take any heat as actual republicans. As you say, after the election it might be necessary to get dirtier, despite the risks.

MJPIA

Oct 25, 2017
almost 1.1 million views on the one about Russia paying bounties to terrorists to kill soldiers in a day on twitter alone, that's some fast spreading numbers.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The response time is incredible. Political ads have to be fast, but this consistency is mind blowing.

The voice over is appropriately harrowing. The word murder just grinds.

They are on top of it, when Trump talked about how joe would be weak on China, they hit him with the China as. When his Tulsa arena crowd was small, they hit him with that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We do not believe this will produce good discussion as evidenced by prior threads, and we're reviewing site policy to see if we want to allow threads for particular political ads, so this thread will remain locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.