• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Imj7C4n.jpg

"The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special" reunites Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewie, Rose and the droids for a joyous feast on Life Day. Rey sets off on a new adventure with BB-8 to gain a deeper knowledge of the Force. At a mysterious Jedi Temple, she is hurled into a cross-timeline adventure through beloved moments in Star Wars cinematic history, coming into contact with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan and other iconic heroes and villains from all nine Skywalker saga films. But will she make it back in time for the Life Day feast and learn the true meaning of holiday spirit?

Release Date: November 17, 2020
Platform: Disney+

Trailer:

Alternatively, you can still purchase the original Star Was Holiday Special via Rifftrax, who still hasn't been caught by Disney (it remains a mystery how they're able to sell a DRM free version of the Special)

www.rifftrax.com

The Star Wars Holiday Special

Have a Happy Life Day! And nothing kicks off a memorable Life Day quite so much as watching the legendary Star Wars Holiday Special receive a fully deserved Rifftrax parody treatment! Yes, all your favorite Wookies are here: there's Chewbacca, Malla, Itchy, Lumpy and Art Carney. Tony Award...

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Alternatively, you can still purchase the original Star Was Holiday Special via Rifftrax, who still hasn't been caught by Disney (it remains a mystery how they're able to sell a DRM free version of the Special)

www.rifftrax.com

Have a Happy Life Day! And nothing kicks off a memorable Life Day quite so much as watching the legendary Star Wars Holiday Special receive a fully deserved Rifftrax parody treatment! Yes, all your favorite Wookies are here: there's Chewbacca, Malla, Itchy, Lumpy and Art Carney. Tony Award...

I would assume they negotiated the rights and a percent of all sales goes directly to Disney. They don't do videos of non-public domain stuff without the rights (if they don't have the rights, they just make audio tracks & you have to track down the movie yourself).

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume they negotiated the rights and a percent of all sales goes directly to Disney. They don't do videos of non-public domain stuff without the rights (if they don't have the rights, they just make audio tracks & you have to track down the movie yourself).

But they have a version with the original commercials (which are also riffed).

I've wondered if they found some legal loophole and were able to license it from the station that aired it.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Well, it released at midnight here and is 47 minutes long, so...
The trailers had sown a lot of the better gags already, but there are a few really good ones. And some amazing nods to the Star Wars community, too, if you catch them. There's one I know Era will enjoy. About a certain character's name. And also Jingle Bells in the original Huttese.

Also Darth Vader apparently has quite the sense of comedic timing. And he's pretty much playing the straight man for all the nonsense, and just think about that for a second.

And finally, so you know how there's been a can he/can't he about Finn being a Jedi? Verdict is now in: YES! ...he's just not that good at it yet.
Spoiler free: It's hilariously silly. And surprisingly coherent. It's a good way to spend a little less than an hour.

Happy Life Day!

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Well, it released at midnight here and is 47 minutes long, so...
The trailers had sown a lot of the better gags already, but there are a few really good ones. And some amazing nods to the Star Wars community, too, if you catch them. There's one I know Era will enjoy. About a certain character's name. And also Jingle Bells in the original Huttese.

Also Darth Vader apparently has quite the sense of comedic timing. And he's pretty much playing the straight man for all the nonsense, and just think about that for a second.

And finally, so you know how there's been a can he/can't he about Finn being a Jedi? Verdict is now in: YES! ...he's just not that good at it yet.
Spoiler free: It's hilariously silly. And surprisingly coherent. It's a good way to spend a little less than an hour.

Happy Life Day!

How much Reylo moment?

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I was secretly hoping they'd release a remaster of the original today

OP
OP
DrForester

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly shocked at really the near non-existence of original holiday special references in this. They've got life day, and they have Chewie's family (who have already been in one of the new books), but nothing else.

What I'm getting at is that there was no Bea Arthur joke.

Last edited:

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Is it possible Rifftrax is able to sell the original because Disney refuses to acknowledge it exists and they'd have to if they wanted it taken down? Same thing with "Escape to Tomorrow" which they also refused to acknowledge and give free publicity.

Honestly shocked at really the near non-existence of original holiday special references in this. They've got life day, and they have Chewie's family (who have already been in one of the new books), but nothing else.

What I'm getting at is that there was no Bea Arthur joke.

Considering how much Lucas hates the original, they might not have wanted to go whole hog in and piss him off, just as a courtesy.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so if I buy the Rifftrax version I can just listen to the original audio too?

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very cute. Glad we got a baby yoda and a double "hello there," but it really was missing Ahsoka.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017

www.rifftrax.com

oh. they talk over the whole thing? that sucks.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
This was really fun to watch. A lot of nice nods. Also a better story than TROS.

Palpatine and Darth Vader ruled the show. In fact Lego Palpatine is the best Star Wars character.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
That was NOT Daisy Ridley for sure.

Otherwise, it was a nice little story that used its characters well. The villains were especially hilarious. It even (slightly) improved upon what happened with TROS.