• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, that sucks. SC2 is still the best in the franchise, and HD was the definitive version.

Edit: Actually, I can't remember if they fully patched the issues HD had at launch. I know they did the major bugs but there might still be some weird PAL version weirdness.
No it wasn't.

Based on the PAL version (glaring issues patched later), two person lobbies that would close after one match (later patched so you could have indefinite two person lobbies uh... Good job Namco) , no regional matchmaking for ranked... Garbage trash awful netcode on top of that.

Also much higher input lag compared to the SD console versions.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I tried Dell for the fourth time and my order still got canceled. If anyone else order went through on Dell successfully, can you please try to get code for me and I'll PayPal back the cost?

Edit: I got a code and it worked on my Xbox console!

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fortunate that I got both SC1 and 2 before they delisted. Both games were really important to me.

Sucks they're both gone for anyone else to discover. They both still hold up well.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
HD version was definitely not the best version of SC2.

But it was the most accessible and now that's gone.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad to see any version of SC2 become unavailable because SC2 is wonderful. Even the worst SC2 is my favorite fighter ever!

However, SC2HDO is the opposite of the definitive version. Even after the PAL fixes, it still has the phantom clash glitch that isn't in any other version and happens often enough to be disruptive. It also has the worst input lag, and buffer timing so rigid it feels like it eats your inputs. That's not even mentioning the unforgivably bad online. I'd say it's far worse than any NTSC version, and feels mushy and awful even coming from the PS2 version. Really hope if Namco tries this again, they do a better job!

For any fans of 3, there's a fan mod of it that fixes its bugs and pulls in most of arcade edition's balance changes.

It actually doesn't fix VC, we just pretend it's not in there haha. It's great though, definitely recommend!

Last edited:

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I've had 1 and 2 in my Xbox wishlist for a while and was waiting for a sale. Noticed 1 was delisted a while ago and thought it was strange. Then I noticed 2 was delisted today. Really wish I would have bought both while I could. Hopefully they will come back. Or maybe there's some type of compilation coming? Who knows.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
So thankful I purchased the game around November of last year. I do think Soul Calibur VII will happen eventually but in the short term yeah I am not really expecting anything.

SC1 HD wasnt all that great, removed the Mission Mode from the Dreamcast version due to the Xbox Live Arcade size constraints of the time. Disappointed I missed out on that either way though, waiting for sales endlessly is kind of a curse with digital games, heh.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
I hope we see some form of of Soul Caliber on current gen consoles… imagine a collection. I'd love to see Link on the Switch version

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I hadn't checked on it for a year, I'd hoped they would've made more progress :(

They've actually made a lot of smart balance changes that makes the meta a lot healthier, but it feels like VC is more deeply ingrained. Honestly just saying "VC is banned" has worked fine, though. We really should have done that in 2005, sigh. On behalf of my fellow TOs, I apologize to the community.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't think I'll ever be doing business with Dell again if I can help it

Terrible experience. I hate when games suddenly get delisted without warning like this

brak014

Aug 23, 2018
I was able to get a code for SC2 through Dell. Ordered on Friday, paid with Google Pay and my order just hung there. I contacted their support yesterday and an escalated case was created and within 2 hours I had my code and was able to redeem it on my Series X.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Meanwhile I still have two "authorization in progress" pending charges from Dell on my Paypal, so hopefully those get refunded soon since the orders on the website show cancelled.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I setup notices on my credit card to see what happens when the charges fall off from Dell. Rakuten already gave me referral money for the purchase even though it was cancelled.

DragonHunterG

Sep 2, 2021
Checking today, I still see Soulcalibur II HD ONLINE full game (English Ver.) available on the Hong Kong PSN store for 155HKD or about 20USD. I haven't tried to buy it, but if something is delisted, it will have the picture of the game up with no price, but this has a price attached, so I dont know.

Update: Imran tried but Bamco never replied as to why

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I've emailed BN to see what the deal is. Curious.
Sorry for the bump I figured I'd update people on this.

www.fanbyte.com

No One Will Say Why Soulcalibur Disappeared From Digital Stores

Despite repeated inquiries, Bandai Namco does not seem to want to explain why Soulcalibur I and II HD are no longer for sale.

tl;dr Bandai Namco won't tell me and I even tried through some backdoor sources on this one. No one wants to take ownership of whatever happened here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

www.fanbyte.com

Despite repeated inquiries, Bandai Namco does not seem to want to explain why Soulcalibur I and II HD are no longer for sale.

tl;dr Bandai Namco won't tell me and I even tried through some backdoor sources on this one. No one wants to take ownership of whatever happened here.
I wonder if the reason for the delisting is because Bandai Namco plans on modern ports or remasters.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Is this still up on Hong Kong PSN? I might just try that. I tried buying SC2 through Dell.com several times when this initially came out of nowhere but no dice.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the reason for the delisting is because Bandai Namco plans on modern ports or remasters.
May be due to rights issues. Some characters are owned by parties outside of Namco, and it seems to be significant an issue enough so that characters like Edgemaster etc will vanish from new games just to avoid paying for their use. Wouldn't be shocked if the music had similar issues judging from what's happened with Tekken.

Last edited:

dcash14

Apr 27, 2022

www.fanbyte.com

I can confirm SC2HD can still be redeemed on Xbox as of today. Can anyone confirm whether SC1 codes are still unable to be redeemed on Xbox?

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved I have achievements unlocked for it. I was worried I might've to forgotten purchase it.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I couldn't get Dell.com to work for the life of me, but the UK Amazon site worked for me. For SoulCalibur II only.

SC1 seems like there's a weird set of issues where it doesn't work on Xbox One/Series in SOME/MOST countries? I don't know of any success stories for that. I didn't try.
Here is someone that left a review that removed all doubt:
Like many others, I decided to buy this to try and redeem a delisted but beloved Xbox Live Arcade game, but the code does not work. I tried redeeming it on Xbox 360, Xbox Series X, Xbox PC app, and the Microsoft website to no avail. After chatting with Xbox support for about an hour, they told me the game was decomissioned from the live service, so it could not be manually added to my account. So buying this will not get you the game, and honestly Amazon should pull this page from the site so others do not buy and attempt to purchase this game since Microsoft has said it will not work regardless.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Soul Calibur II HD Online is now on Amazon US.

PSA: Soul Calibur I is gone for good, the codes on Amazon US do NOT WORK for Soul Calibur I, only Soul Calibur II HD

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, grabbed a copy, too.

Weird I couldn't redeem it on the Xbox website and actually needed to punch the code in my console, but oh well...

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I have the PS3 version, but I really hope this means we get new remasters of SCI and II.

I would love to have PC versions of them, especially with the content that was cut/missing from the first round of remasters.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder. This was such a big franchise for Namco that putting out collection would almost certainly do well. Even multiple releases would work. You do a more ambitious remaster of Soul Edge that is the PS1 version with arcade assets and pair it with a new remaster of SC1 with all of the Dreamcast content for one release. Then you take the 360 version of the SC2 remaster, clean up all of the bugs and technical issues and pair it with a remaster of SC3 and that's a second release. I think those would do really great.

I mean, they're remastering Pac-Man World which I can promise you was no where near as big a release for them as the early Soul Calibur games so I can't imagine they're not remastering the SC games because they don't think they'll sell.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
Got to ask guys have those of you who owned this game for a long while now not able to find it or SC1 in your order history like at all? I can only download them via using the mobile app but everywhere else these titles are non existant on my account.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Got to ask guys have those of you who owned this game for a long while now not able to find it or SC1 in your order history like at all? I can only download them via using the mobile app but everywhere else these titles are non existant on my account.
Restart your console?
Download directly from the store page?

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
Restart your console?
Download directly from the store page?
only the mobile app works for me it won't let me on the store page but my order history also didn't show them either so just was wondering if that was a common thing I can thankfully download them with the mobile app but was curious if anyone who has owned these games for awhile suddenly just not have them show up on their order history page because mine are absent from there.