• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Alright Nintendo, fix the stupid shit in this game please...let's see what we got here:

- Watercolor effect certainly doesn't work anymore

- Forgot about the Beetle item, that was always fun

- Wow, there was basically nothing shown here... $60 for what?

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
here we go

skyward redemption tour starts now

You keep hanging in the same threads I'm in. Shoo

And yay ! A long trailer. I'mm skpetical of getting the game RN, but it really has deserved proper HD treatment, the colours are stunning.

Honestly I hated it. It was a bad effect to hide the crummier details of a bygone hardware.

Switch_ZeldaSSHD_Amiibo_SkyloftBound_SCRN.png

It's just uggo...porridge-colour blobs. :(
I wish the sky was even a little more interesting...

Last edited:

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Alright Nintendo, fix the stupid shit in this game please...let's see what we got here:

- Forgot about the Beetle item, that was always fun

- Wow, there was basically nothing shown here... $60 for what?

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, a great game. I can't wait to play it again

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nothing too interesting in this

Can't believe they're still peddling that misleading "Origin of the Master Sword" tripe 10 years later

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Hey nintendo you should start showing those quality of life improvements. Cause im open to replaying this game but it could make my decision alot easier.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Hey nintendo you should start showing those quality of life improvements. Cause im open to replaying this game but it could make my decision alot easier.
I'm gonna wait till someone else gets the game and tells me if these changes have been made. I never finished the game cause of this shit the first time around

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Damn, the artstyle looks eve worse in HD. I certainly didn't expect that.

I was never a fan of it, but I understand the reason behind when the game was on the Wii, and I expected to translate well to HD (kinda like the WW style), but it seems I was wrong.

Edit. Ballad of the Goddess is still fire tho 👌

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Doesn't seem like there were any QoL improvements or any padding removed. Game hasn't aged well but still excited to play it.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I will likely buy it. I wish they had done more with the graphics, I would have preferred a make-over at least to make the visuals look a bit less flat.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Looks fine, great opportunity for those who haven't experienced it yet, but not seeing anything that would make me need to revisit it again. Let alone for full retail. Then again I've not bought a single one of their remaster/remakes so I have pretty high bar they've not come close to thus far.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem like there were any QoL improvements or any padding removed. Game hasn't aged well but still excited to play it.
www.resetera.com

Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Will Have "Various Quality-Of-Life Enhancements" (Nintendo Life)- "Refinement of player tutorials and general guidance"

Full article here: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/zelda_skyward_sword_hd_will_have_various_quality-of-life_enhancements_nintendo_says The article cites these statements from Nintendo regarding some of the changes: This last one is the most interesting, as some of the most common...

We already know about some things

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This things is gonna sell bananas too. All those new Zelda fans created by BOTW will eat this up.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No QoL changes in this video. In fact, most of the video was cutscenes - little actual gameplay.

Same Skyward Sword. Same items that are glorified keys. Same Simon Says combat. Same old shit.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
My fiancée got into The Legend of Zelda back in 2019 with BotW. She loved it. She then played A Link Between Worlds, OoT and Majora's Mask on her 3DS and completely fell in love with the series.
She's super excited about this game and has a copy preordered already. I actually love watching her play TLOZ games, so I'm glad this game is coming out.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I keep forgetting about these things and keep getting surprised when I see them.

Dear Nintendo: We need to talk about this giant ballsack creature

ZwkkyIq.png

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Man I loved my time with this game. I can't WAIT to play it again.

Now please restock the Zelda and Loftwing amiibo Nintendo :(

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Why does this trailer seem to be talking to me as if this isn't a re release... are they really expecting to find a large new audience for this game? People who's first zelda game was botw are in for some pretty severe whiplash

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How is this misleading? It's a pretty accurate according to the lore.
It's misleading in that it's barely what the game is about, and the origin itself is a joke. It was another ancient sword that got reforged in what amounts to macguffin quest within the game. They make a huge deal about this in the marketing both then and now but in the actual story it's just whatever.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I'm getting worried. Are button controls usable outside of handheld mode, like on a Pro Controller?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me and a bunch of my friends bought this game at launch on Wii. I'm the only one who had the GUTS and DETERMINATION required to finish it.

(it is quite padded, but still a great experience)

m051293

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like there's a contrast problem with foreground/background. Everything seems to blur together more than I remember it doing.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All these years later, I'm realising my love of the master sword greatly diminished after this game.

Thanks Fi.

I beat you'll still have your horrible singing animation as well in this version too.

xbPS6H3.gif

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo this thread is awfully mad about Skyward Sword being Skyward Sword. 🙃

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
It's misleading in that it's barely what the game is about, and the origin itself is a joke. It was another ancient sword that got reforged in what amounts to macguffin quest within the game. They make a huge deal about this in the marketing both then and now but in the actual story it's just whatever.
That you don't find it narratively satisfying doesn't make it misleading.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This video gives no incentive for people on the fence and instead spoils some of the game. What the fuck, Nintendo.

I think they show pretty much every major character except for The Imprisoned in this.

It is sorta humourful how Anti-Imprisoned the whole marketing cycle for this game has been. Espicially with how prominent it was in the marketing for the original release.

They use the exact same plummeting beneath the clouds cutscene and just cut the bit where the imprisoned showed up.

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
www.zelda.com

Home -- The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD -- Nintendo Switch™ – Official Site

Take to the skies, draw your sword, and experience the earliest story in the series with the Legend of Zelda™ Skyward Sword HD game for the Nintendo Switch™ system.

www.nintendo.com

The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.