• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

War Eagle

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sorry if this has been talked about, but has anything been mentioned about camera controls using a traditional controller? What's the next best option after the R stick?

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
giphy.gif

Rippa

Feb 15, 2018
Awesome!

I never played this because of gimmick-ass-motion controls.

Can't wait to play it for the first time with a traditional controller.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Skyward Sword is a good game.

Is it a "pay $60 to play it in 2021 after you've experienced Breath of the Wild" type of good game? I uh... *leaves*

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
How do they justify charging $60 for this, essentially an unmodified Wii port bar updated controls, when you get 3D All Stars (1 N64, 1 GC, 1 Wii) for the same price, Link's Awakening (a full ground up remake) and 3D World (a Wii U port which actually holds up with an added chunk of content)?

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
No remade visuals
No added content
No removal of motion controls (still forced via analog stick in "button mode")

A single PORT for 60 bucks

Jun 5, 2018
Possibly my favourite Zelda for the story alone getting a hd version is nice, couple of thoughts:

I realise it wouldn't really work but I'd of loved some extra content for this, doubt they'd of added another playable character with their own side story or anything but it would of been nice just for the sake of it, as it stands I know the game so well that I do question if I'll get enough enjoyment out of this.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
How will you control the camera if the right stick is sword actions?

I can't remember if SS had a controllable camera on the Wii but I would think it did.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Gonna need to know how the sword-on-right-stick works for actual left-handed reviewers this time, as while I appreciate the inclusion of portable controls it all sounds a bit like Uprising again to me, with trying to input precision controls with my off hand.

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Love the joycons but i want them in gold more! Just slather on that glit for me, but they know im buying anyways

Oct 22, 2020
Maybe my memory isn't the best, but the Wii U Version of TP looks better than the Switch Version of SS IMHO. But it's probably a question of how much you like the art style.
The impressionist art style just doesn't work. It makes it look like someone smeared Vaseline on the camera.

The HUD, dialogue boxes, and font are ugly as hell, too. Everything looks so gross.

0652.jpg

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was at least more recent being a Wii U game, included all the DLC that came out for Pikmin 3, and had a little extra content with the Olimar prologue and epilogue.

It still shouldn't have been full price, but at least there's a tiny bit of justification for it.

If this is $60... Oof. They're just doing the amount of work they did for Mario Galaxy (adapting motion controls for handheld play and raising the resolution) and that was 1/3 games in a $60 bundle.

I'm not sure I'd pay more than $40 for this.
It also had no upgrades whatsoever. Runs at the same framerate and resolution. It's the most barebone and disappointing release of all the Wii U rerelease.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
The only console Zelda game I've yet to play. Great surprise. Definitely my announcement of the day. This and New Pokemon Snap will make for a nice H1.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I'd be interested to see comparison shots. Is it really just a straight port or are there texture upgrades or changes to the UI?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah I won't be coming back to this game. I'm done with the OoT expansion games.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
+Button controls. Will still give the motion controls a go, but glad to have the option.
+60 FPS is good. Not a deal breaker if it wasn't, but certainly preferable and best for the motion

-Maybe rose tinted glasses, but I'm not recognizing the HD element (joycons aside). Game looks rough visually, and seems to have the least visual sprucing of the HD remasters.
-Game is still going to likely be half a drawn out tutorial, which always bothered me far more than the Windwaker endgame searching that ended up getting a do-over.

Bonus: Those joycons look fantastic and will probably be the first extra ones I'll shell out for.

And not sure where the expectation was that this would be less than $60, visual presentation aside. It should be less, but that's one of the constant downsides being on that platform.

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
Ok i watched the trailer multiple times now because something felt off on the visuals... Is it me or does it lack alot of lighting effects? Feel free to correct me but the lighting is really.... Not there? (I know it's a Wii remaster, but even TP/HD had way more lighting effects IIRC)

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are seriously upset about $60 for this game? I didn't hear anyone complaining when Link's Awakening was the same price.

I agree it's unfortunate, but we knew it was going to happen.
There were quite a few complaints. I wasn't one of them, but I remember them.
How will you control the camera if the right stick is sword actions?

I can't remember if SS had a controllable camera on the Wii but I would think it did.
It only had Z targeting.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
the biggest improvement they can make is limiting the calibration comments, the fi interruptions, and the heart meter beeping. that's really all that bothered me enough to stop from ever playing it again. tww hd sped up ocean travel and you could toggle bowser jr hints in bowser's fury so maybe they'll make those considerations here.
They needed to allow you to warp at save points. You could effectively do that anyway by flying into the sky, then dropping down again immediately, but it took an age.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Finally, a Zelda game on Switch.

Um, we had some Zelda games on Switch now.
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  3. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  4. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda
Virtual Console:
  1. The Legend of Zelda
  2. Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
  3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Plus there's a sequel to BOTW coming, & I'm sure that Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD are coming, too.

Oct 29, 2017
Funny thing is, the gold remote bundle "collectors edition" that was sold for Wii was just $75. The game is more expensive now that it was when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.