• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NPVinny

Dec 13, 2017
I had restart it a couple of times but once I finished I was actually really surprised by just how much I enjoyed this game. I only just recently finished it for the first time though so not sure I'm going to pick this up, but still cool.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I could replay this

oooooor

just play breath of the wild again

or wind waker

or mm

or oot

🤔

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Oof ... happy for people that are into Skyward Sword. But having the BOTW 2 announcement be "we've got nothing but it's coming" and then pivoting to a game that's the polar opposite of it kinda hurt. Really good news, though, that it's been enhanced with non-motion controls.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Button only is interesting, but I prefer motion anyways so it does nothing for me.

The important stuff is QOL changes - an "expert mode" with less hand-holding, less pop-ups, that sort of thing. The basic fundamental structure of the game is still pretty iffy, with lots of backtracking and reused bosses, but if you can get polish it up a bit you at least hit "diamond in the rough" tier.

Either way, probably not a pickup for me - love the original but not jonesing to replay it. WWHD and TPHD please!

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the framerate boost is nice but not enough to make me ever want to play this again, if that is the only major improvement.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I realized by watching the trailer that I remember everything about the game since I've finished it many times, and I really wish they manged to cut the fat away. However, since I loved the controls and the level design, I'm gonna buy this shit again.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Skyward Sword isn't my favorite Zelda game but it's still an amazing game. I can't wait to play this again at 60fps in July.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they streamlined things but it looks pretty barebones. The game needs major pacing and tedium fixes

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure that's the control style most dolphin players got to play, haha. It also looks like a very basic port, I didn't see a whole lot of visual upgrades beyond resolution.
The game did have like 3 cool moments. It's still Zelda, even if it's the worst (main) Zelda.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
for a split second i thought they were gnna remake LTTP like Links Awakening, and then this happened. Fuck ill take the remastered OOT and MM over SS.

i never finished SS, so ill give it another go, but ugh this sucks.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Never finished this on Wii after I lost the Motion Plus attachment. Very excited to back, although I hope they cut some of the filler bullshit. This could be a 10 if I didn't have to constantly dowse and read item descriptions.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I'd rather WWHD and TPHD come to the switch. Not really excited for SSHD.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Many of you will already know this but The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword was the last original console game prior to The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild game and it was still following the established conventions of The Legend of Zelda. However it gave a glimpse to many features and innovations that would eventually be adopted into Breath of the Wild.

I found this quote really interesting because they're talking about pre-BOTW Zelda as if its some age pass that they're done with. I have no issue with this of course but it's very telling to just heat it outright like that.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like the painterly effect isnt there or reduced. Game doesnt look that great from the trailer in HD.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ok, that basically 1000% confirms future HD ports of Wind Waker and TP, right? Right?

I mean, they surely didn't create high quality remaster for the Wii U and now release a third one of the last missing game for the Switch while the other 2 stay on the old platform. That would be dumb.

But also... Kinda Nintendo...ish.

But no, that would be too weird.
I feel like this probably confirms that isn't going to happen. I think if we were going to get other Zelda ports, we would've already gotten them already or they would've been made part of a collection. This year was the year to do it if they were going too, being the 35th Anniversary. I have a bad feeling they are stuck on Wii U forever. :(

Timexy

Oct 30, 2017
Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely play it, but I'd prefer WW instead. Actually I'd prefer a remake of another 2D title like Link's Awakening.

But hey its Zelda and it's not using BotW's formula, so I'm all in.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Love it! Really happy that they're offering both control options. I think I'll try to use the button controls. I've played around with them on an emulator before and they were largely fine for playing the game.

Wooo! I love Skyward Sword.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Tried to play this on Wii when it launched, just remember it looking like an oil painting, so hopefully the remaster cleans up the IQ.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Cool, a whole new generation of gamers to find out how this is the worst Zelda game in recent memory. What a great 10th anniversary. I like how Aonuma focused on 3 of its game design ideas to show how they became core game design elements of BOTW just to drum up excitement.

Those joycons look amazing, however. Totally going to keep tabs on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.