• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was the score of the original
screenshot2019-09-19aloj9q.png

Deleted member 59

Im expecting low 80's overall due to the fact it is "old style Zelda" a "more or less 1 for 1 remake with not much new" and "simple, basic and small compared to newer titles".

I however will likely love it and score it a 9 personally if it's just a nice version of the original with more than 2 buttons for items!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
people calling this game short must have played with a guide eh?

there's a decent amount of content even for 2019 standarts, it's very on par - or longer - than ALBW (bring it remastered to Switch, you cowards!).

Honestly they should follow this game with an A Link to the Past remake running on this game's engine (obviously with an art style more befitting of that game) and then they could just build an A Link Between Worlds remaster off of that. And just keep the train rolling with a Zelda 1 remake, then Oracle of Ages/Seasons, then Minish Cap, then Phantom Hour glass and then Spirit Tracks (those last three games being in the Wind Waker art style). LOL

Then a full on Zelda 2 remake, then port the OOT+MM+WW+TP remasters to Switch and remake Skyward Sword using the BTOW engine. I've got years of content planned for you Nintendo! lol

Last edited:

Orbulon

Nov 1, 2017
France
Link's Awakening is still one the greatest games in existence, hope this remake doesn't tarnish the reputation of the original.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
The one I want to know more about is the game apparantly being easier and ofcourse the performance issues.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because most outlets don't consider price/content/time I guess it will get 85+. Otherwise 80 would be a good score.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Honestly they should follow this game with an A Link to the Past remake running on this game's engine (obviously with an art style more befitting of that game) and then they could just build an A Link Between Worlds remaster off of that. And just keep the train rolling with a Zelda 1 remake, then Oracle of Ages/Seasons, then Minish Cap, then Phantom Hour glass and then Spirit Tracks (those last three games being in the Wind Waker art style). LOL
Link to the Past and Minish Cap really don't need remakes, those games are still two of the best looking Zeldas and they both still play great. Plus LttP is already on Switch. I'd 100% take a Minish Cap port though.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
So I've reviewed the game for the Dutch website InsideGamer, you can read the full review here. The review will also be on Metacritic. I've translated the conclusion for you:

'Gameplaywise, Link's Awakening is pretty much the same game as the original. That says as much as the high quality of the 26 year old game as this remake. The big improvement is in the graphics and audio. The framerate is anything but stable though, and it would've been great if Nintendo would've added another extra action button for items. It also feels kind of by-the-numbers to go back to the basic Zelda-structure after original games like Breath of the Wild and Cadence of Hyrule. Still, this is a very nice remake that you'll be able to enjoy for a good fifteen hours or so.'

Grade: 8/10

Positives:
+ A magical world to explore
+ Great graphics and audio
+ Gameplay is top notch

Negatives:
- The old Zelda-structure is getting tired
- The framerate stutters every now and then
- Another extra button for item placement would've been perfect

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Some pics I made: