• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a dumbass.... where did the raccoon in mysterious woods go? He fucked off the first time now I'm back with the stuff and he's not here...

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Just finished. Any extras afterwards? Performance was rough the whole way. Nintendo really should be ashamed about that.

If there are no extras, I'm probably going to sell my copy
You should collect 40 seashells if you haven't yet.
Also the trendy game has a fun little quest line that you can only complete after you beat the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I only see two trees or squares that look the same... they're left and right of each other.... is there another?
If I recall the tree has bushes surrounding and there's grass to cut to the right. If your two trees don't match that description I think you may be at the wrong one .

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LA was my first Zelda game so I'm lapping this up. I remember random bits and pieces. The game was so damn hard back in the day but did the first three dungeons today lol.

I fucking love the artstyle, I melt whenever I find another cute detail.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished. Any extras afterwards? Performance was rough the whole way. Nintendo really should be ashamed about that.

If there are no extras, I'm probably going to sell my copy

I'm so mad about the performance. I've never played the original and was ready to be day 1 on this, but that performance.....terrible. I'm sure many can get over the constant stuttering but I don't think I could.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Most of the music is not doing much for me so far, but I'm only heading to dungeon three now. The overworld theme is nice, but a lot of the rest just lacks punch for me, I guess.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Most of the music is not doing much for me so far, but I'm only heading to dungeon three now. The overworld theme is nice, but a lot of the rest just lacks punch for me, I guess.
I felt the same way throughout the entire game tbh. I still liked it just fine but I preferred the originals soundtrack.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I lost I think 2 hours thinking I forgot something after entering dungeon 3. The first door was... facepalming.

Now Im trying to cut the boss and I cant. A little hint?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
not a fan of how simple/easy the first 2 or 3 dungeons are, especially compared to the second half. I get easing one into it but damn, feels like 2 different games.

Anyway, Dungeon 7 was quite good. That
sneaky breakable wall!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
For the first time, I actually want to collect all the seashells.

I'm at Face Shrine and I kind of don't want it to be over. I'll definitely be playing it again.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like this game but I don't think I like it enough for $90 CAD. If I got it for free like I tried to at my EB I probably wouldn't feel like this.

IDK, it just feels slow and off to me in a way that a modern game shouldn't. I'll give it one more dungeon before I make up my mind.

Xemnas89

Aug 28, 2019
Finished it earlier tonight. It's only my second time playing through it and the first time was about ten years ago so I didn't really remember much past the first two dungeons. Playing through the dungeons (specifically the last two) reminded me of how much I miss this style of dungeon and I hope we see an original classic zelda soon.
Damn it took me like 2 hours to figure out how to get in the desert.
Yeah I got stuck there for awhile too. When I finally found the way I felt all the shame for not realizing it sooner.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
The music in this game is incredible. Really dig it. Maybe the best Zelda OST, or perhaps recency effect but it is a fucking jaaaaam through and through.

Those strings 😍

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i legitimately thought it was funny man sell the game if you want to. someone on here would probably buy it from you.

Oct 27, 2017
The plot of the whole game been on websites, VG museum, YouTube for YEARS. The only way you could've not known would be to have had your ears and eyes glued shut while living under a rock.

I mean, they would have to look it up. It's not like there are ads on Facebook advertising the Links Awakening walk through. So no, most people probably wouldn't know unless they made an effort to do so.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I lost I think 2 hours thinking I forgot something after entering dungeon 3. The first door was... facepalming.

Now Im trying to cut the boss and I cant. A little hint?
Not sure if you figured it out yet or not, but this one stumped me too for a little bit. You fight this boss much differently than in the original version. Do not attack in the same way/spot that you're used to.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
my extremely online girlfriend is somehow blissfully unaware of the game's plot, so I'm trying to be extra careful about not spoiling it for her while we play

it's a challenge

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The plot of the whole game been on websites, VG museum, YouTube for YEARS. The only way you could've not known would be to have had your ears and eyes glued shut while living under a rock.
There are probably users on this forum playing the remake who weren't alive when the DX version released, not to mention the original game. It's always best to use spoiler tags whenever possible.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Are people also going to be upset when people say Aeris dies in FF7 remake?

and the game says it's
all a dream 356 times during it, the whole premise is waking up the wind fish because the island is a dream

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
So what? Not everyone is going to know everything about everything at any given time. To assume huge endgame reveals are common knowledge, even among the fanbase, regardless of age, is kinda silly.

Are people also going to be upset when people say Aeris dies in FF7 remake?

and the game says it's
all a dream 356 times during it, the whole premise is waking up the wind fish because the island is a dream
Absolutely, because a huge chunk of the people that will play it have no knowledge of the series or game in question.

As for LA, iirc
the game does not even hint at the dream stuff until about halfway through when a boss shouts about things not being real as they're defeated

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The game is so beautiful and it still holds up so well. I'm halfway through but figured I'd post some thoughts.

I get the performance complaints, it's hard not to notice the issue and I'm playing downloaded on internal memory. That being said, compared to inventory management, give me some slowdown any day of the week. It's hilarious seeing people say how it brings you out of the game when the original made you switch items CONSTANTLY.

speaking of, a little disappointed jump doesn't have a dedicated button or that they didn't go full on customizable buttons. Still, much better than the original.

Onto the next dungeon!

Escapist

Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only one who really does not want to shell out 60 bucks for this? I feel spoiled by the Crash and Spyro remakes. I get that this game was remade from the ground up but...so were those other remakes, and they were literally 3 fully fledged games for 40 dollars. Had this been a Links Awakening + Oracle games package I would have gladly paid full price.

I am just surprised there wasn't anymore fuss made about this. Its Zelda yeah....but cmon.

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I have finished every dungeon and got 32 heart pieces, but I have 19 hearts. Does this game have 20 hearts? I'm suspecting that I forgot to pick up a container after a boss, but I have went back to a few dungeons and didn't find any.

Does anyone know if heart containers disappear permanently if you don't pick them up after a boss?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what? Not everyone is going to know everything about everything at any given time. To assume huge endgame reveals are common knowledge, even among the fanbase, regardless of age, is kinda silly.

Absolutely, because a huge chunk of the people that will play it have no knowledge of the series or game in question.

As for LA, iirc
the game does not even hint at the dream stuff until about halfway through when a boss shouts about things not being real as they're defeated
The owl tells you after the first dungeon dude.