• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
we have many reasons to believe it will be fixed, it's just the silence that it's uncomfortable.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just booted it up for the quick 30m I have and this is gorgeous in handheld. What an adorable art style. Haven't played LA since I was a little kid with my Game Boy so this is going to be a trip when I get a chance to dive in fully.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I do that attack where Link charges and kind of does a little sprint ? I saw that in a few vids before

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else running into a bug with the fisherman? After so many tries, he keeps asking if I want to continue to fish. I only pay him once in these series of questions, but saying no to any subsequent time means I lose 10 rupees.

On another note, any advice for getting the bottle? I managed to get the middleweight lure so far.
With the bottle, you basically have to drag it across the bottom all the way to your side, and then pull straight up. Fish will mess up your lure, so you might need to burn through some cash to catch them or scare them off.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How do you avoid his attack where he grabs you and throw you away?

Edit:nvm, got it

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Now that I think about it, I am morbidly curious about the Japanese version of the remake and a certain part of the trade sequence.

I don't think they kept the mermaid's bikini instead of the necklace this time around, but I may be wrong

7 dungeons down, one to go (plus the extra one)!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Do the frame drops impact gameplay or is just something that is annoying to look at?

The game looks gorgeous in the videos I have seen and I can see frame drops but the movement and gameplay looks smooth. I guess I need to find out for myself.

Unfortunately some rooms in dungeons run at 30 so you need to adjust to the lower frame rate to do combat effectively.

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
So this is slightly off-topic, but I want to buy this game on my Switch digitally and share it with my partner's switch...

Would these steps work?
- download the game on my Switch
- deactivate my account as 'primary'
- add my account on their switch, make it 'primary'
- download the game on their switch, they can then play it with their own account
- i can still play the game with my account

Any restrictions then? We can then play it at the same time, right ?
just that I can never play any games offline (which kinda sucks). Is it easy enough to switch back and forth when going on trips where I will be away from the internet?

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
What does it mean when your compass flashes/makes a noise in the corner of your screen when in a dungeon?

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is slightly off-topic, but I want to buy this game on my Switch digitally and share it with my partner's switch...

Would these steps work?
- download the game on my Switch
- deactivate my account as 'primary'
- add my account on their switch, make it 'primary'
- download the game on their switch, they can then play it with their own account
- i can still play the game with my account

Any restrictions then? We can then play it at the same time, right ?
just that I can never play any games offline (which kinda sucks). Is it easy enough to switch back and forth when going on trips where I will be away from the internet?
What I'm doing as an alternative is keeping my console as primary, but when I'm playing single player I just quickly switch on airplane mode. That way we can both play at the same time. You put airplane mode on undocked then dock it. My console is mostly on airplane mode now as a result. Then if I do want to do something online then the other person just has to suck it up!

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Got my european limited edition today, the packaging was surprisingly well done! Really dig the size of the artbook.

Sep 14, 2018
Edit: Ignore this post, I misheard what was said, but I'll keep the post here just because it has been replied to and I don't want people confused.

A GameXplain video mentioned that you could turn off the depth of field filter. Has anyone figured out how to do that, or did they simply misremember and you can't?

Last edited:

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Ha, this game feels like a warm bath. The dialogue is kept intact (I dunno what that means, I'm just a kid!), the music remixes are ace and its still great to play.

But I underestimated how much I remember of this game. Its been two hours and I already completed two dungeons. The Tail Cave is extremely easy, but the Bottle Grotto ups the difficulty a bit, but I went through pretty easily.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, this game feels like a warm bath. The dialogue is kept intact (I dunno what that means, I'm just a kid!), the music remixes are ace and its still great to play.

But I underestimated how much I remember of this game. Its been two hours and I already completed two dungeons. The Tail Cave is extremely easy, but the Bottle Grotto ups the difficulty a bit, but I went through pretty easily.
Heh I'm personally waiting for the moment where I go "Ok I......don't remember what to do". I'm enjoying being back in this world again with a fresh coat of paint. Every time I reach a new area or dungeon, I start remembering the music for it during the brief loading screen. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

Deleted member 51957

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
What I'm doing as an alternative is keeping my console as primary, but when I'm playing single player I just quickly switch on airplane mode. That way we can both play at the same time. You put airplane mode on undocked then dock it. My console is mostly on airplane mode now as a result. Then if I do want to do something online then the other person just has to suck it up!

So the secondary switch is still playable by other accounts in that case? Like my partner can still use their own account as long as I switch my console to airplane mode ?

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My copy just arrived.

I think I've come to the conclusion that this is the best box art Nintendo has ever created. It's stunning.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game looks noticeably sharper on the Switch Lite. FPS drops are also a lot less noticeable for me too. I was prepared to wait for patches to fix the FPS before lumping in, but it's honestly not a huge deal now.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
So I have this in my Best Buy cart and with GCU it's 47.99.

Never played the original so everything would be brand new to me.

Is the game worth it?

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
There I go finishing a Zelda in one sitting again. Only thing I didn't do was the last set of chamber dungeon challenges. Does anyone know what the total number of chamber stones is?

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the secondary switch is still playable by other accounts in that case? Like my partner can still use their own account as long as I switch my console to airplane mode ?
Ah no my bad. You'd both be playing on the same account simultaneously. I like to do it that way as it used to mean having my saves on a secondary account to my main one, and I hated that.

J Handlebars

Oct 28, 2017
Haha, I watched that video and heard you could as well. Immediately went to look for the option. There are zero options. All good though - I'm loving it so far.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Made it to the fourth dungeon. I'm having fun playing this in short bursts. Even though I got the game on Wednesday, I have only played like 5 hours. It's quite relaxing to be honest.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo JP released these My Nintendo Link's Awakening rewards for platinum coins in Japan.

nt4mdOM.png

NCT1J8r.png