• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am way too invested in the well being of BowWow

Also I did a few laps in the village trying to eye the framerate drops. I don't notice anything. What should I be looking for? I thought framerate drops would make the game look like it slowed down.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
This game is so fucking weird, so Game Boy-ish, so R&D1 (even though they didn't officially make it).

Oct 27, 2017
One thing they could have easily added is a dedicated jump button (perhaps R), once you get the Roc's feather. They added a dedicated button for the sword, the shield and the boots, but you still have to equip the feather to X or Y to jump.
This game is so fucking weird, so Game Boy-ish, so R&D1 (even though they didn't officially make it).
Yes! It has the same vibe of lots of R&D1 games. Action mixed with puzzles and lots of quirky characters.

Oct 25, 2017
The frame rate is certainly spotty and could use some polishing, but it is by no means as terrible as some of you are making it out to be.

The game is absolutely playable, gorgeous, and excellent.

Some of you need to chill out with this obsession over frame rate.
It doesnt bother YOU.
It bothers other people.
Both can be true.

Okay I retract my early statements.

the frame rate definitely needs work.
Clown.jpg

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
i'm jumping straight into hero mode. i must have died a total of only 5 times in the DX and i want to correct that hahahaha

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Amazon delivered my copy, looking forward to playing it this evening after submitting a paper

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
The dumbest thing is that they could have just made it run at native 1080p 30fps and everyone would be gushing about how good it is.
They could have offered to choose between that or better framerate at the cost of less resolution than we have now. But I'm not surre if japanese games thend to do that.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Got the game :D

agxFRfB.png

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who considers the original one of their favourite games of all time, I get slightly annoyed at the few times I notice they've changed the dialog.

"That's not what I remember, damnit!" 😅

Such a silly thing

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Best Zelda.

Collectors Edition arrived earlier complete with Red Rupee Lamp, now waiting on my Amiibo from Amazon and I can feign an illness to go home :P

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Xq23d3d.jpg

PINS ACQUIRED
I REPEAT, PIN ACQUISITION CONFIRMED

But yeah, just got back from Target. I saw the box they came in, they have a pretty decent amount of pins (It's like the size of a Funko Pop box but like 10% smaller? So like 15-20 sets of pins I'd guess? Certainly more pins than I saw copies of the game displayed)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I am way too invested in the well being of BowWow

Also I did a few laps in the village trying to eye the framerate drops. I don't notice anything. What should I be looking for? I thought framerate drops would make the game look like it slowed down.
If you can't see anything from doing that then you probably never will. It's noticeable just by exiting a house or moving to a different area. The Swamp is the worst offender. That whole area runs at 30fps.

Just be thankful you can't see or feel it.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I am in the camp of noticing the frame rate drops, especially when leaving a building. Overall, it's not a huge issue but it does bug me a bit. Out of curiosity. For the people who don't really notice it, are you playing off an sd card (digital download), internal memory (digital download), or from a cart (box copy)?

Orbulon

Nov 1, 2017
France
Since I don't have any money, I've been replaying the DX version. I love this game to death, the pacing and level-design are absolutely amazing and it's so full of character it's an absolute bliss.
Cements it as one of my favorite games.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
I need help...

In the Tail Cave, my compass is showing an isolated room with a treasure box to the left of the room where you find the 3rd small key that has the mini Moldorm, I've tried every corner to find a way in, I just can't find the passage.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I need help...

In the Tail Cave, my compass is showing an isolated room with a treasure box to the left of the room where you find the 3rd small key that has the mini Moldorm, I've tried every corner to find a way in, I just can't find the passage.
Just to be on the safe side
There's a bombable wall in the room. I'm not sure this room even showed up on the map in the original, but the chest isn't necessary to finish the dungeon. You can get bombs from either the mabe shop or getting lucky from enemy drops. I don't think they show up in the shop until after you buy some of the expensive stuff or it may be story gated.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I need help...

If I remember correctly (it's been a while) you need to
bomb your way in but they aren't available during your initial exploration at Tail Cave.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be on the safe side
There's a bombable wall in the room. I'm not sure this room even showed up on the map in the original, but the chest isn't necessary to finish the dungeon. You can get bombs from either the mabe shop or getting lucky from enemy drops. I don't think they show up in the shop until after you buy some of the expensive stuff or it may be story gated.
If I remember correctly (it's been a while) you need to
bomb your way in but they aren't available during your initial exploration at Tail Cave.

Life savers, it was driving me crazy. Thanks guys!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Good luck with the submission! Gotta submit a revision by Monday, as well.
Good luck also for your submission! The paper is ready after 2 days where I dramatically improved it thanks to my supervisor and I am just waiting for a final meeting to decide in which track we should submit it. My LA copy is on my desk waiting as well in the meantime, with its beautiful cover.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
how is the bombable walls handled now? i found annoying to be hitting all of them with the sword in ever. room. of. the. game.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Wait...there are pins?

Is that U.S.-specific? Are they pins, or magnets?

I already have a 7-11 cup, amiibo, and collector's edition on the way...but...pins you say, lol. Hmm..

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So how many people reading this have never played the original or the DX version before and this will be their first experience with Link's Awakening?

Me. My only 2 day Zelda experience was the original. I'm picking this up in a couple hours from Best Buy and can't wait to play it. I got my first Amiibo for it too.

Beefwheat

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Winkler, Manitoba
I got to play until the Forest last night, and I'm in love. Main reason: the music! The revamp of this soundtrack is just so wonderful, and actually one of the main things that sold me on the game. Can't wait to play more.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Wait...there are pins?

Is that U.S.-specific? Are they pins, or magnets?

I already have a 7-11 cup, amiibo, and collector's edition on the way...but...pins you say, lol. Hmm..
Are you talking about the pins I posted an image of up above?
They're normal pins, not magnets.
They're a bonus if you buy the game from Target in the United States, I haven't seen any other retailers in countries offer it, so I think it's U.S. Target exclusive

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Back when Zelda fanboy wars amounted to whether Link's Awakening or LttP was the superior Zelda, I'd never give it a second thought and always said that the repeated text when you pick up an acorn or a mini tricorce really pissed me off. It killed the pacing and it Was reaaaaally unreal to think the designers thought their players were stupid.

there isn't an option to even turn it off.

unreal

that stuff is annoying sure, but it seems like the drop rate is really increased on the remake. it wasn't as big an issue before.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Has anyone gotten a Dreamer Edition yet? Does the copy of the game have a regular UPC on it?

Mine isn't coming until Tuesday, so I am tempted to go grab the base game from Walmart, hang onto my receipt, and return the sealed copy from the DE next week.

I want this game now!