• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Played it before and can't wait to play it again. The new visuals and soundtrack are beautiful. I much prefer incredible 10 hour experiences with no filler than drawn out 100 hour experiences.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Played it years ago; I originally had the DX version on GBC, but I never got far. I never knew what to do after that raccoon!

I bought the DX version again on 3DS and beat it at least twice on that. I haven't played it in years but I'm excited to go back! The hubworld will feel very familiar, but I have a feeling that the dungeons will trip me up as they typically have.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
All the reports of how bad the framerate gets have killed off my hype for this game. I'll wait until it's fixed or under $20.

I don't think I ever beat the gameboy one actually, so I was looking forward to it.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
3) Some sort of short multiplayer side-adventure. Maybe just 10 dungeons to beat with a friend (something extra)
Of all the talked about desired features, this certainly is something I've wanted for this game. It was never an expectation on my part nor am I disappointed, but it would've been nice.

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
This title will bring Link's Awakening to light as an essential Zelda game that surpasses Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Oct 27, 2017
I played the original when it came out on gameboy, and I played again a little bit when it was released on the 3DS shop or whatever. I love the game but haven't played it fully in quite some time so I'm looking forward to jumping back in with the remake! I just hope that some of the creepiness is still in the game. The original had an air of creepiness through most of the game, but the style they're doing the remake in looks like it goes against that, so we'll see.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Much less hyped

I beat LA as a kid, and I replayed it back in 2017 and it's still a wonderful experience

If this was a new Zelda game with this art style, this would be one of my most hyped games of the year, but as it's a pretty unnecessary remake of a game I'm familiar with, I'm only somewhat looking forward to checking it out in a few years time if it ever drops to a reasonable price

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
I love the original, have played it to death but I'm not a fan of this new art style honestly... Still picking it up because I need something to help tide me over until DQ11 the following week. Hopefully seeing the game for myself will help me like the style of it but if nothing else at least the music should be great.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I've played the original too much for this to feel like anything but just another playthrough of the game to me, going through the motions, rather than a new experience. Not worth the money. I don't care about Zelda Maker but a Master Quest would have sold me.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Played the original at launch and it's DX variant later on. My hype is minimal due to that. It's a strong game, but new visuals isn't enough to entice me.

Hero mode is a nice inclusion, but combat isn't exactly the core driver here, and at a hefty price tag I just don't feel enticed to bother really. New players are in for a treat, but too much else on my plate to bother.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
I've only ever played the 3D Zeldas, I was a Sega boy as a kid and never owned handhelds later on. Ocarina is my #1 game of all time. I absolutely can not wait for this.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
very hyped! will be there day one.

hope this encourage Nintendo to put more classic Zeldas on Switch, be remaster or remake, i want THEM ALL!

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
on one hand, man it looks gorgeous. But I've already beat his game on my 3DS and on Gameboy! I'm not sure I want to pay 60$ for it. But it's a Nintendo game so I bet it won't go down in price ever.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Never played it before, really hyped! Mainly because its a new Zelda game (and a much loved one to boot) but also because it looks incredible.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I finally played Link's Awakening (DX) last year for the first time, and it quickly moved up my list of favorite Zelda games. It's right there with ALBW as my favorite 2D Zelda.

So I'm not as hyped for the remake as I would be if I hadn't played it fairly recently, or if it was a brand new game (or even a quasi-remake/sequel like ALBW was to ALttP).

But I am still really looking forward to it. I don't know that I'll get around to it until later in the year; I'm still playing Astral Chain at the moment and am probably a bit more excited for Luigi's Mansion 3 overall. It would have probably been a Day 1 purchase had I not played the original last year.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've played the original too much for this to feel like anything but just another playthrough of the game to me, going through the motions, rather than a new experience. Not worth the money. I don't care about Zelda Maker but a Master Quest would have sold me.

This for me too. I wish they could have done something to make it appealing to people who have played the original to death.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Having played the original many times over the years definitely makes me less hyped, I could complete the game with my eyes closed.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the original a lot when i was younger makes me less hyped, becuase its a direct conversion (and they took the photo mouse).
But it will still be good fun, the game was always great. Would have been cool if they added more extra thingies (like a more robust photo mode with the mouse taking more photos... i hate you nintendo lol). The make your own dungeon part seems... crap, sadly.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I tried playing DX on the 3DS, but I couldn't get into it right away and haven't picked it back up. I look forward to this version since it looks fresh and new. I already pre-ordered the amiibo, but the game will have to wait a while.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Having played the original I know Im in for one of the best Zelda's ever made. Haven't played it in well over 10 years so it'll very fresh to me so yeah Im pretty hyped.

Drakken

Oct 28, 2017
It was one of my most beloved childhood game experiences, and it's been yeeeeears since I played it.

Thus I am VERY hyped to revisit this world. Cannot wait for Friday.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I don't think playing the original reduces my hype that much, even though I don't view original Link's Awakening as anywhere near the best game in the series (it's either my 10th or 11th on my ranking of games in the series). No, what's keeping my hype in check is the game's price, because I don't want to spend $80 CAD on a game I got on my 3DS for like $3.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I played and I definitely feel like I already got all enjoyment I could get out of it. The game focus on the music, but the ost is so weak. The history doesn't make sense to me. Games focus in being more weird than good, and this new art style is not horrible, but is the best thing I can say about it.

Seahawk64

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the original. I actually never played any handheld zelda until phantom hourglass.
So i'm definitely a lot more exicted to play not knowing anything about it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ive only played about an hour or so of the original and having not played it in a serious capacity this makes me more hyped. Although I likely will wait to get this until the frame drop issue is patched

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
working with meelow for the official thread. figured this would be a good way to test out OT titles.

here are the suggestions so far:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| Link's Reawakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| The Dream Game of 2019
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| The Best 2D Zelda Since Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| A Scene on the Lid of a Sleeper's Eye
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| You Can Pet the Chain Chomp

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening |OT| Open your eyes

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I played the original, but I was young and I never beat it, so I don't really remember much about it. So I'm definitely looking forward to playing it.

Oct 28, 2017
I played it in 1994 on the og gameboy. Suffice to say I barely remember anything about it except I got stuck on the 5th or 6th dungeon. Extremely hyped.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Played it way back when. It is probably not going to exceed the bar to get me to purchase it (September being September and all), and part of that is probably knowing a good bit of what to expect. If it were a completely new 2d* style Zelda game looking like this I'd have preordered months ago and something else wouldn't be making the cut.

I'm sure I'll wishlist it/pick it up down the road at some point though.

Oct 26, 2017
I never got far in the original so I am hyped based on that. If I had cleared it a billion times I would not get this remake.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Preloaded the game weeks ago with a NSO voucher...then played a randomizer of the DX version. Started a randomizer of Oracle of Seasons last night in preparation for the release Friday too.

Link's Awakening may very well be my favorite Zelda of all time.
Came to ask about the length but this answers it...so it's around 10 hours?

Perfect.
That's probably highly variable. When I played it originally as a kid, it took me well over 10 hours. As an adult though I can plow through the game in just a few hours...I think I finished my most recent randomizer run in less than 10 hours.