• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
EXCUSE ME

D8zLKC3UwAAwGZm.jpg:large

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course that would be EU only. They always get the good Steelbooks while we get left out in NA. ffs Nintendo.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
One question folks, what's the length of the original game? I never played it and I love the look of this, I want it. I also want it to be a decent length game, please tell me it's similar to pretty much all the Zelda games since ALTTP?

It is similar in length to Link to the Past. 15 hours give or take, if you're pretty good at these games and don't get super stuck for long periods of time.

The 3D Zelda games are all a lot longer, like double.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Framerate looks rough...

It's oddly variable, there's been drops when multiple pots have shattered and one or two other particle effects, and also the overworld was mostly 30 but then seemed to shift to 60 outside Dampe's hut

Hoping that stuff gets sorted and the depth of field gets toned down a bit, otherwise this looks absolutely lovely <3

The dungeon creator being a puzzle of sorts in itself is an inspired touch, and honestly I think they've done a lovely job of updating the original art while keeping the designs intact

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
idk what's wrong with me... when this was revealed I thought the art style looked like crap. Now it looks great? But I went back and looked at the reveal and it looks exactly the same lol.

I think Iw as just thrown off by the animated reveal which is jarring in comparison to this art style.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The dungeon maker took this game from "oh my god" to "OH MY GOD!"

Now if the dungeons were shareable online...

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Man this looks really fun but something is odd about the art style?? Like it's a Mario aesthetics game something, maybe full release will show better environments.

Regardless have to get it for my daughter.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Man this looks really fun but something is odd about the art style?? Like it's a Mario aesthetics game something, maybe full release will show better environments.

Regardless have to get it for my daughter.
I'm guessing it's from its 3DS roots. Then when it made it to switch they added a ton of lighting effects on top to make it look "modern" :/

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
aonuma said something in the treehouse stream that suggested bow wow may possibly be usable everywhere now. Or he might just be hinting at the original usage.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
Is that amiibo gonna be sold separately? I saw mention of am amiibo edition. Have not had a chance to watch everything yet.

As of right now I've been planning to use the voucher. but the amiibo addition may ptit me physical

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this on Tree house, I can already see that this will be my GOTY! The visual style is perfection!

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I played the GB game to death so my question is:

is it known, (or can we figure out by watching the E3 presentation) whether this game has additional content to the main story?? or is it step by step identical to the gameboy game??

I want this but dunno... I am not exactly in need of replaying and old game with a new coat of paint. A couple of dungeons or puzzles would be awesome.

I hope someone from the media asks nintendo more details about this,

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Never having played the original this looks awesome. Day 1 for sure. Love remakes of classic games, no way I'd get around to actually playing them otherwise.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
I played the GB game to death so my question is:

is it known, (or can we figure out by watching the E3 presentation) whether this game has additional content to the main story?? or is it step by step identical to the gameboy game??

I want this but dunno... I am not exactly in need of replaying and old game with a new coat of paint. A couple of dungeons or puzzles would be awesome.

I hope someone from the media asks nintendo more details about this,
All the stuff in the new video showing a "dungeon maker" with Dampe is new. Screenshots suggest the DX color dungeon is included, which is new if you only played the original.