• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Apr 9, 2019
I want to see item management improvements, quick menu especially. So, I made a couple of mockups.

y5UXWSt.png

There's way too many separate menus, I want it streamlined. There's no reason why sword and shield can't share the same quick menu, for example. Same for bows and arrows. Durability bar displayed for each item.

XlnlJGt.png

Rune Menu, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword had item selection down perfectly. Radial menu allows for quick selection as items are in a set order, you can memorize the direction of each one.
Nice radial menu. I'm surprised at how well such a menu works in general, especially for something like Runes which don't change much over the course of a playthrough.

Combining swords and shields is a good call as well - the quick menu's leave a lot of screen space in BotW, so there's plenty of room to combine stuff.

GoatLink

Banned
Jun 3, 2021
I want to see item management improvements, quick menu especially. So, I made a couple of mockups.

y5UXWSt.png

There's way too many separate menus, I want it streamlined. There's no reason why sword and shield can't share the same quick menu, for example. Same for bows and arrows. Durability bar displayed for each item.

XlnlJGt.png

Rune Menu, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword had item selection down perfectly. Radial menu allows for quick selection as items are in a set order, you can memorize the direction of each one.
One thing I would want to see again is a in-game animation when eating. The way it's right now, with the player eating on menu, kills all tension of a fight, specially when you're dying in the middle of a boss and remembers that you can eat 50 apples to replenish your hearts.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
One thing I would want to see again is a in-game animation when eating. The way it's right now, with the player eating on menu, kills all tension of a fight, specially when you're dying in the middle of a boss and remembers that you can eat 50 apples to replenish your hearts.

Yeah, food was completely broken in the first game.
I guess this was a side effect of the Wii U port. Maybe the menu was supposed to always be on the gamepad, so you couldn't pause to eat?

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
breath-of-the-wild-2-9-gigapixel-scale-2-00x.png

I AI upscaled this screenshot to 4K to give a rough idea to the IQ if DLSS is used in the new Switch. DLSS will probably be better since it's designed for live rendered games than just still images.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
breath-of-the-wild-2-9-gigapixel-scale-2-00x.png

I AI upscaled this screenshot to 4K to give a rough idea to the IQ if DLSS is used in the new Switch. DLSS will probably be better since it's designed for live rendered games than just still images.
and im back to unsuccessfully staring at the ground in this photo and trying to place those lakes/ridge line

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Totally. I personally hope for some sort of role reversal, or at least having both sides be more morally gray than we're used to. Take this infamous shot from the first trailer:

Breath-of-the-Wild-2-Ganondorf-and-Hand-Shadow.jpg

Without knowing the tropes or any other context, it looks like "Ganondorf" is the victim here - his silhouette is coded to appear more sympathetic (more rounded, organic shapes) versus the sinister looking silhouette of the hand (angular, irregular, elongated) that's looming above him.

I hope that the hand - or whatever ends up being Link's interpersonal force/motivation, isn't as cut/dry "good", and Ganondorf isn't simply "bad".

Imagine for example, if we were to revisit the idea of the "Curse of Demise" - perhaps rather than manifesting as a particular evil individual (Ganondorf), it is more interested in sowing chaos and discord by influencing two indestructible forces ("Power" vs. "Courage") to try and destroy each other, and it is up to Zelda ("Wisdom") to figure that out and be the balancing force.

Some sort of inversion like that would be much appreciated. The notion that the "good guys" have no flaws, or that the dynamics of the Triforce—something ostensibly meant to represent balance—is always "wisdom + courage vs. power" is just underwhelming, especially after what BotW suggests, and other plot points introduced (aforementioned treatment of the Sheikah).

I'm cool with and interested in exploring more complex plots and themes, but for me it always comes back to doing so in a way that feels inline with the kind of folklore/fairytale/legend style of the series. That usually means light on the narration and a greater focus on plot events over character driven events and development. The story is there to convey a certain feeling or build on a certain theme or lesson.

OoT/MM/WW are still the peak in Zelda storytelling for me. TP was a bit too overbearing at times even though things like Link's relationship with Midna were really well done and powerful. I feel like they could said just as much without actually having needed to say as much as they did. SS was an even bigger departure with so much focus on cutscenes and dialogue really making it a character driven story more than anything. While I loved the depiction of Zelda in that game so much of the story direction that game took as the kind of origin of everything is a big part of why it's my least favorite of the mainline games.

OoT/MM/WW convey a lot to the player without having to actually say a whole lot or have that many cutscenes. You get these really powerful quick scenes of Saria on the bridge or Zelda's flight from Castle Town, Link's frenzied scramble after Aryll and so on. So I'm always hesitant and resistant to notions of more grandiose and complex plotlines and character elements for Zelda because that usually means much more narratively heavy games with excess dialogue and excess cutscenes that kind of cut into the experience a bit too much for my liking.

BotW was pretty weak with its story elements, but what was there was again trying a whole lot more to be character driven, placing a ton of import on Zelda's personal journey. It was fairly interesting and OK since it was relegated to these handful of short memories, but I'm wary of them trying to infuse that into the entire game. I do not care for Fujibayashi's narrative stylings at all.

That's also a big reason I really do not ever want to have Link talk. Last thing the series needs is them trying to figure out some shit for him to say and creating some kind of internal drama for Link to talk about with people, second guessing his actions and role or some nonsense.

There's nothing about "uncovering past wrongdoing of the royal family" that would necessitate a more complex story or more intricate cutscenes than anything in Wind Waker or Majora's Mask.

We've already gotten 2019's BotW2 trailer showing the protagonists seemingly surprised by finding ancient murals and a magically bound corpse underground. That entire sequence could feasibly be gameplay driven, with the player piecing together what happened through the environment and interpreting the cave drawings. That general theme of uncovering the past retains the "folklore/fairytale/legend style," you mentioned, where all knowledge of the game world is diegetic, based entirely on what you can see and what bits of the "legend" you see the lore through non-"Word of God" characters like Kass or the travellers outside Akkala Citadel and Fort Hateno. No matter how "grandiose" the concepts of "Hyrule's royal family suppressed the Sheikah because _______" or "the trapped villain isn't just a Demise-esque 'evil for the sake of evil' figure due to ________" may be, they can still be explored through series of "quick," and "powerful," moments.

Though I'm not too precious about series tradition. I've already played I am more than willing to sacrifice just about any aspects of "classic Zelda," for new experiences that reexamine how to achieve what past games did, and to greater effect. Getting to/through Gerudo Valley and Desert in OoT felt like a real endeavour, and so does getting through the desert in BotW, but the latter took an entirely different approach by using variable weather and fully traversable environments that all effect the player in myriad ways. If BotW2 needs to take different approaches to make the antagonist's story as resonant as WW Ganondorf's, or to allow Zelda be an active and present figure in the game, then so be it. It's genuinely worth that risk, especially considering BotW—I'll take imperfect attempts to do something greater than what came before (i.e. BotW's shortcomings being completely worth getting a more engaging, fun-to-explore overworld) rather than perfect refinements of old, overly familiar approaches.

I also don't see any meaningful delineation between something like the Majora's Mask side- and main-quests being emotionally substantive through lots of dialogue and intricate character moments, and more "simple" emotional moments elsewhere in the series. There's never been one type of storytelling across the series or throughout a single game—it makes little sense to be so wary of any focus on themes that add wrinkles to, or upend, the overall "saving the land," stories when the best games in the series have already done exactly that, with lots of grandiose themes and complex plots at that. BotW wouldn't exist had the creators been so apprehensive.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There's nothing about "uncovering past wrongdoing of the royal family" that would necessitate a more complex story or more intricate cutscenes than anything in Wind Waker or Majora's Mask.

We've already gotten 2019's BotW2 trailer showing the protagonists seemingly surprised by finding ancient murals and a magically bound corpse underground. That entire sequence could feasibly be gameplay driven, with the player piecing together what happened through the environment and interpreting the cave drawings. That general theme of uncovering the past retains the "folklore/fairytale/legend style," you mentioned, where all knowledge of the game world is diegetic, based entirely on what you can see and what bits of the "legend" you see the lore through non-"Word of God" characters like Kass or the travellers outside Akkala Citadel and Fort Hateno. No matter how "grandiose" the concepts of "Hyrule's royal family suppressed the Sheikah because _______" or "the trapped villain isn't just a Demise-esque 'evil for the sake of evil' figure due to ________" may be, they can still be explored through series of "quick," and "powerful," moments.

Though I'm not too precious about series tradition. I've already played I am more than willing to sacrifice just about any aspects of "classic Zelda," for new experiences that reexamine how to achieve what past games did, and to greater effect. Getting to/through Gerudo Valley and Desert in OoT felt like a real endeavour, and so does getting through the desert in BotW, but the latter took an entirely different approach by using variable weather and fully traversable environments that all effect the player in myriad ways. If BotW2 needs to take different approaches to make the antagonist's story as resonant as WW Ganondorf's, or to allow Zelda be an active and present figure in the game, then so be it. It's genuinely worth that risk, especially considering BotW—I'll take imperfect attempts to do something greater than what came before (i.e. BotW's shortcomings being completely worth getting a more engaging, fun-to-explore overworld) rather than perfect refinements of old, overly familiar approaches.

I also don't see any meaningful delineation between something like the Majora's Mask side- and main-quests being emotionally substantive through lots of dialogue and intricate character moments, and more "simple" emotional moments elsewhere in the series. There's never been one type of storytelling across the series or throughout a single game—it makes little sense to be so wary of any focus on themes that add wrinkles to, or upend, the overall "saving the land," stories when the best games in the series have already done exactly that, with lots of grandiose themes and complex plots at that. BotW wouldn't exist had the creators been so apprehensive.
I don't disagree. Like I said at the top I am interested in the series exploring more complex plots and themes. It all comes down to execution. My apprehension is largely born from Fujibayashi being at the helm and how much I disliked SS's story direction and execution, which I saw a continuation of in BotW's memories. While I'm not all that interested in redemption stories for the likes of Ganondorf or twist that he was the hero this time around, I'm totally down with them adding more nuance to the setting. Just don't bog the experience down with a ton of dialogue, cutscenes or personal melodrama. I think VO is a great tool if used right as it means they can have more cutscenes but they can move faster, unlike SS where it felt like have the game was spent reading text boxes in a cutscene that in real life would like 30 seconds but ingame took 5 minutes.
yeah exactly that...starting to question if thats even a lake...now nothing makes sense.
The large lake at the top is for sure a lake, not as confident about the bottom one. But yeah none of it matches anything. Maybe it's another island, a new part of the map, or some area of Hyrule saw some major changes.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I don't disagree. Like I said at the top I am interested in the series exploring more complex plots and themes. It all comes down to execution. My apprehension is largely born from Fujibayashi being at the helm and how much I disliked SS's story direction and execution, which I saw a continuation of in BotW's memories. While I'm not all that interested in redemption stories for the likes of Ganondorf or twist that he was the hero this time around, I'm totally down with them adding more nuance to the setting. Just don't bog the experience down with a ton of dialogue, cutscenes or personal melodrama. I think VO is a great tool if used right as it means they can have more cutscenes but they can move faster, unlike SS where it felt like have the game was spent reading text boxes in a cutscene that in real life would like 30 seconds but ingame took 5 minutes.

The large lake at the top is for sure a lake, not as confident about the bottom one. But yeah none of it matches anything. Maybe it's another island, a new part of the map, or some area of Hyrule saw some major changes.
i could have sworn https://noclip.website/ used to have botw in the experiemental section, really wanted to play around with the low quality hyrule map to get some angles...anyone know where to find a similar thing?

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
I would be totally down for a more sympathetic take on Ganon. Botw 1 was all about how the massive burden of their destiny weighs on both Link and Zelda (Zelda's insecurity, Link's silence, etc), so it would be cool to see Ganondorf struggle with his destiny as well.

Wind Waker touched on this, but I think that now is the time to push that concept a little further.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Since it's been speculated, I really don't expect it, but it would be so cool if Vaati was in the game. Given the sky islands/Minish concept art for BOTW it makes sense... but watch them bring back the Oocca instead.

Carlos Lima

May 9, 2018
So there's a giant hole or lake in Mabe Prairie/ Romani Plains... Hummm. With this, we can have a guess on the location of that giant building on the sky.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

If the structure of BotW 1+2 was like SS, then I'd be worried. 2's delivery of story simply can't bog down or get in the way of the experience any more than SS due to it being based on BotW1's overall open formula. Even for an expedited playthrough, BotW's scripted moments and cutscenes make up a tiny amount of the overall experience. and, again, having Zelda feel like a character with passions and motivations rather than a prop to be acted upon and captured/freed is worth any pitfalls—any corniness or odd performances from BotW and HW:AoC are entirely worth that character having agency and (potentially) presence during the present, playable events of the game.

And what exactly separates the melodrama of previous games and the cutscenes of SS? And what carries over from SS to BotW? The tone and direction of each of those two game's characters, dialogue and cutscenes are considerably different, and I legitimately don't see any way to group SS + BotW in that regard and separate them from the rest of the 3D games.

i think we about to go deep sea/lake diving, folksss

Underground, underwater, and sky (spirit realm?) exploration could be enough breathe new life into that old map, even if it's largely the same as before.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
anybody have a modded cemu to fly up to that level and get a in game screenshot to overlay?
Off of a discord that i posted to (not my work), heres the in game view of that in BOTW1, i think its a clear match:
l6RK25p.jpg

which puts the new lake/hole thing about here (close to as scale as i could get):
m5iPLFu.png

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
Interestingly we see another angle of this area in the trailer, when the Talus rises; and there seems to be some differences between botw1 and 2, cant really make out the lake/hole..but there are things on what would be the shoreline of that lake/hole:

BOTW1:
WPPFpwl.png

Botw2:
VpKHRtI.png

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Interestingly we see another angle of this area in the trailer, when the Talus rises; and there seems to be some differences between botw1 and 2, cant really make out the lake/hole..but there are things on what would be the shoreline of that lake/hole:

BOTW1:
WPPFpwl.png

Botw2:
VpKHRtI.png
Looks like the smaller lake is visible to the left of the tower exactly where it should be based on the aerial view in the BotW2 image. Right between the rock and the tower. You can make out the banks a bit where it should just be the remains of the Lon Lon Ranch track which you can see in the first shot. The rest of what we see from the sky is not visible in these shots, so the larger lake would much further left of this view.

Existing map doesn't provide any indication that a lake would be in either location. Especially the large one at that whole region to the NE of Mabe Village and the Ranch is hills. But everything else matches. That low ridge of tree going north and the large rock outcrop is identical.

N84lSUX.png

Those other two object are a mystery. Definitely not in BotW. The larger one to the right might be one of the Bokoblin skull camps. That might be the same one we see at the end of the trailer along the river bank with Hyrule Castle in the sky.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
Looks like the smaller lake is visible to the left of the tower exactly where it should be based on the aerial view in the BotW2 image. Right between the rock and the tower. You can make out the banks a bit where it should just be the remains of the Lon Lon Ranch track which you can see in the first shot. The rest of what we see from the sky is not visible in these shots, so the larger lake would much further left of this view.

Existing map doesn't provide any indication that a lake would be in either location. Especially the large one at that whole region to the NE of Mabe Village and the Ranch is hills. But everything else matches. That low ridge of tree going north and the large rock outcrop is identical.

N84lSUX.png

Those other two object are a mystery. Definitely not in BotW. The larger one to the right might be one of the Bokoblin skull camps. That might be the same one we see at the end of the trailer along the river bank with Hyrule Castle in the sky.
good find! i feel like we've made more progress on finding stuff since like the first 48 hours!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So it seems pretty concrete that we are seeing the Mabe village area and thus above the E/SE area of Hyrule Field in general, which then begs the question again of why didn't see the Skylands in that part of the trailer? They should have been directly visible as Link paraglided down towards the Stone Talus. It also brings up the question of are these separate islands from the ones in the final shot which were clearly way W/NW either directly over the Thundra Plateau or a little north above the the canyon near the Forgotten Temple.

Either we have multiple sets of islands over various places in Hyrule, or this same set of islands moves around in the sky which may explain why we don't see them in either the NW shot of Hyrule Castle at the end of the trailer nor in the East in the scene with Stone Talus. Or there's still the possibility that the shot we see of Link on Hyrule Field and of the risen Hyrule Castle take place prior to the appearance of the Skylands altogether.

DMPinheiro

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
So it seems pretty concrete that we are seeing the Mabe village area and thus above the E/SE area of Hyrule Field in general, which then begs the question again of why didn't see the Skylands in that part of the trailer? They should have been directly visible as Link paraglided down towards the Stone Talus. It also brings up the question of are these separate islands from the ones in the final shot which were clearly way W/NW either directly over the Thundra Plateau or a little north above the the canyon near the Forgotten Temple.

Either we have multiple sets of islands over various places in Hyrule, or this same set of islands moves around in the sky which may explain why we don't see them in either the NW shot of Hyrule Castle at the end of the trailer nor in the East in the scene with Stone Talus. Or there's still the possibility that the shot we see of Link on Hyrule Field and of the risen Hyrule Castle take place prior to the appearance of the Skylands altogether.
I like the idea of the islands moving around in the sky. Could be fun to find different ways to reach them depending on where they are.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I still like the idea that the Skylands are in some kind of spirit realm, even the Sacred Realm, playing more into the idea that the arm and green magic we're seeing is heavily spirit related. Though the idea that we can't see them in normal play on the surface of Hyrule and just effortlessly able to transition from the surface into the sky would kind of be a letdown. It would be amazing to see and then just somehow launch ourselves into the sky and fly to these islands at will and then just descend from the sky to the surface without needing any kind of special portal or ability we need to activate to kind of teleport or what not.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020

N84lSUX.png

heres a slightly better angle to see the lake bed (looks dried up?) next to the ranch ruins:
botw1:
uGcSvhP.png

botw2:
lOncXTg.png

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
heres a slightly better angle to see the lake bed (looks dried up?) next to the ranch ruins:
botw1:
uGcSvhP.png

botw2:
lOncXTg.png
Yup, great job. That is definitely a lake bed or some kind of change to the land, but sure does look pretty dry. May just be the angle and it's a bit deeper than what we can see? I still feel like that scene with the water droplet could be a sign that we'll have water manipulation ability of some kind. But that probably is just me being hopeful.

This kind of changes my opinion on where the Skylands come from as this seems like it could be evidence they rise up from the ground, creating these new craters and thus lakes once water fills them. Also duhh the giant blocks to the left kind of conflict with the idea that this scene takes place prior to the appearance of the Skylands seeing as they look very much like the same kind of pillars. Pillars that may have fall off when the Skylands rose up from the ground. Still doesn't explain the fully bloomed trees on all of them though...

Could still be all of the above though really. Maybe some of the Skylands always existed and remained in the sky, obscured by the Cloud Barrier or existing in some parallel realm. And then some of them were buried underground on the surface and for whatever reason go back up.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to think the explanation for the sky islands is the obvious: They were always there, but were above the cloud barrier. This jibes with the marketing of the game suggesting it's tied to Skyward Sword. I hope it's not quite that simple, but I suspect it is.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
alright last one for the day (for me), theres another sandy/dry spot and some a missing line of trees:

botw1:
nV1vC86.png

botw2:
ifLQNeA.png

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm not sure what to think of the markings on Link's arm and chest. Easily could just be a result of the Glowy Arm fusing with him and not a result of the Malice that attacked him. The first trailer(yes, things could have changed and the accuracy of events from that trailer probably shouldn't be considered what we'll see in the final game) doesn't seem to show any physical markings on Link's arm when the Glowy Arm first starts to attach itself to him, but we do see that the majority of his forearm sleeve has been removed, likely due to the malice that attacked him.

Carlos Lima

May 9, 2018
breath_of_the_wild_2-4.png
latest

handy.original.png

I can see some similarities in these designs...

latest

Also, I don't know much about Twilight Princess lore, but cool nails on these Dark Interlopers...

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I'm curious about the markings on him too - I don't feel like they're scarring/corruption from the Malice somehow. They look too...deliberate? And the colors are a dark green + a darker green (it's hard to see but there's varying colors even within the completely saturated part of his forearm).

They match a lot of the Zonai patterns we've been seeing. I feel like they're more related to his new powers - perhaps every time he gains a new ability, the designs spread?

In the shot of him here:
zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2.jpg

You can see a little bit of the patterns on his chest, but it seems like they don't stretch as extensively as they do here, which basically goes down to his waist:

3tBc465UqC6yNVNbgnuxRW-1200-80.jpg

So idk, I think it'll be some sort of physical representation of his powers growing.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah the fact that Link's whole arm glows green when he's using his powers makes me thing the markings are more a result of the Glow Arm merging its power with him than some result of the Malice attack.
breath_of_the_wild_2-4.png
latest

handy.original.png

I can see some similarities in these designs...

latest

Also, I don't know much about Twilight Princess lore, but cool nails on these Dark Interlopers...
Is that supposed to be Zant? I was thinking before when I speculated how it would be interesting if Vaati was somehow involved if it mayhaps instead it was Zant and the Twili who helped stop Ganondorf and sealed him away underground. I think both are pretty unlikely, but going up against or having two major villains involved could work if they develop it well enough and don't pull a last minute switcheroo like they did in TP.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I'm more and more convinced that the dead body is indeed Ganondorf but Ganondorf was the first Champion: a powerful warrior coming from the Gerudo tribe. Then, for some reason, he was possessed by the Malice or he simply wanted to become one with it. The Zonai hand kept most of the Malice inside that corpse that woke up after he sensed the Master Sword close to it.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm more and more convinced that the dead body is indeed Ganondorf but Ganondorf was the first Champion: a powerful warrior coming from the Gerudo tribe. Then, for some reason, he was possessed by the Malice or he simply wanted to become one with it. The Zonai hand kept most of the Malice inside that corpse that woke up after he sensed the Master Sword close to it.
I support this theory but I don't think Zelda stories are that complicated. I think Ganondorf is the bad guy and that's all there is to it, but I would love if the legendary hero in the tapestry is actually Ganondorf.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
My issue with Ganondorf being the tapestry champion is that the timeline doesn't make sense to me. The Ganondorf we see underground looks far older and more archaic than 10K years ago when the Sheikah were are their height technologically. Like he's inside some pretty dingy cavern not some high tech location like the Sheikah Shrines. Plus the Calamity Ganon seems pretty obviously born from the Malice that is leaking out of this Ganondorf mummy. His physical body may be trapped and sealed away but his hate is eternal and literally oozing out of him. Plus like why would Ganondorf being fighting again Ganon. That's like a really weird chicken and the egg situation.

Apr 9, 2019
"On page 297 of The Legend of Zelda: Encyclopedia, the developer notes for Skyward Sword reveal that a playable Zelda was almost a reality! Known as the "Second Quest", the story would have followed Zelda's adventure depicted in the credits of the game, where she falls to the Surface and reawakens as the goddess incarnate. Although shelved during development, it would have been an interesting glimpse to see Zelda's journey."

www.zeldadungeon.net

Daily Debate: Would You Have Liked To Play As Zelda in Skyward Sword? - Zelda Dungeon

Since the teaser for the sequel to Breath of the Wild was released at E3 2019, fans have anticipated the possibility of Princess Zelda being a playable character. With her short-cut hair, the fandom is excited to see the princess take on a more active role, especially considering that she is on...
A quote from the Skyward Sword thread; it seems that one of the scrapped ideas for Skyward Sword was a playable Zelda - ultimately the only thing that came of it were the cinematics at the end of the game where you see Zelda's adventure.

With BotW2 taking more than a few ques from Skyward Sword (skydiving, sky islands, upbeat music etc.) they might have revisited this idea. Heck, the setup is even the same with Zelda falling down in the most recent trailer.