• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
I have zero evidence but I have this feeling they don't/didn't know what to do next. So I expect time travel shenanigans. I should make a YouTube video and get all the moneys

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Skyward Sword HD makes so much more sense now for remaking on Switch. BoTW 2 looks like a simultaneous spiritual successor to that game and a direct sequel to BoTW.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Not only does Zelda look non-playable, it also looks like she falls into some kind of hole... so looking like you have to rescue her again.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Looks super weird and I love it! I have confidence that they will shake things up enough to make the overworld interesting again.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The water droplet also makes me wonder if the game will have limited time reversal mechanics even if it avoids full blown time travel a la AoC.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Zelda explores underground and Link explores the Sky. Still thinking both will be playable

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
LS2aI7V.gif

W6Jb6f6.gif

x6WpojS.gif

V3yJfh8.gif

DLoiQgu.gif
This may already be game of the forever.

Oct 27, 2017
People saying it's Zelda reminds me of that first BOTW trailer where people stubbornly affirmed that Link was actually Zelda because he looked very girly. Yu're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Link will be the only playable character. Let it go.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
New BOTW2 info! Curious to see what role Zelda will play in this. Exploring the underground with Link looked interesting, hope she isn't a damsel again.

*Falls into a bottomless pit 10 seconds into trailer.

unimpressed.png

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artistically it looks fantastic, I really dig the new designs and the world is beautiful. I probably won't be on board unless Nintendo shores up some of the gameplay and design elements from the original Breath of the Wild, though.

Jun 5, 2018
XGRsRLY.jpg

VoTykZc.png

So, I'm guessing it would be hoping for too much for these to be Zelda and not link right? Sigh, what a missed opportunity, the more I think about it the more it bothers me, if they've sidelined her again I think it's a massive mis-step.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Aonuma's sentence with "aiming for a 2022 release" does not inspire confidence. It will probaby not be a Switch Pro launch game then? If we assume that the Switch Pro will come sooner than mid-/late 2022 that is.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
It's Link in all the shots, guys. You can tell by the damaged arm. In some shots he's wearing a shirt and a gauntlet and in others he's not. It's just costume changes.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Boy that long-haired Link looks similar - both hair-wise and clothing - to that zombie Ganon looking dude.

Tialo

Dec 4, 2019
I am pretty disappointed regarding the release date. The game will come in the end of 2022 at the earliest or even maybe only in 2023. So there would be a time gap of almost six years between BotW1 and BotW2. This is way too long and I really dont understand what took them so long? The game looked good, but not outstanding. I would have expected a BotW sequel in this shape for the end of 2020 or somewhen like that. As reference:

SS: End of 2011
ALbW: End of 2013
BotW1: March 2017
BotW 2: End of 2022

So it takes them even longer to make BotW2 than making BotW1 - and for the latter they had to build anything up from the scratch. What is happening here?

Jun 24, 2019
I am curious to know why they won't show the face of the Linkish model with the short hair? Maybe Zelda will have a playable part??

upd: nvm that's Link

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
People saying it's Zelda reminds me of that first BOTW trailer where people stubbornly affirmed that Link was actually Zelda because he looked very girly. Yu're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Link will be the only playable character. Let it go.

Nothing is proven or disproven at this point, can we please stop jumping to conclusions either way. We'll know in due time.

Yes that's Link, but Zelda could very well be playable or at least have an important role

Oct 27, 2017
Aonuma's sentence with "aiming for a 2022 release" does not inspire confidence. It will probaby not be a Switch Pro launch game then? If we assume that the Switch Pro will come sooner than mid-/late 2022 that is.
At that point what is the point of switch Pro if it's 2022? I'd imagine switch 2 is holiday 2023 or spring 2024 at the worst

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
climbing up to a high place and gliding off was already great in botw, imagine now where you're going from land mass to land mass and after you get to the top it's fucking skydiving time

oh man

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, rewinding time might be one of the main mechanics in this game.
Wonder if it'll be part of the main story, ending in Link rewinding time back to 100 years in the past, preventing the calamity from happening.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I am pretty disappointed regarding the release date. The game will come in the end of 2022 at the earliest or even maybe only in 2023. So there would be a time gap of almost six years between BotW1 and BotW2. This is way too long and I really dont understand what took them so long? The game looked good, but not outstanding. I would have expected a BotW sequel in this shape for the end of 2020 or somewhen like that. As reference:

So it takes them even longer to make BotW2 than making BotW1 - and for the latter they had to build anything up from the scratch. What is happening here?

Covid-19. Pretty simple.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting these! I think we're only just seeing a hint of what's going to be in this. Nintendo is likely holding a lot of stuff close to the chest until we're near its launch date. Why blow everything when it's still likely 1-1.5+ years off? And by then, probably new hardware too that will show things off even better. Anyway, long wait ahead, but that's OK. At least we'll have Elden Ring in January. :) 2022 (if this makes it) will be another really excellent year.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of lack luster trailer imo. Dunno, guess I was expecting more from its first actual reveal (like a name at least, damn)

Zelda seemingly being sidelined again is also real irritating.

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
I don't think they'll fridge Zelda again - I think they just aren't ready to reveal anything yet about her role in the game. They're really deliberate with what they choose to show/choose not to, and Aonuma has been aware of the people's desire for Zelda having a more active role for a while.
He teased about doing something with playing as Zelda all the way back with Minish Cap, lol. He doesn't care in the slightest.

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles

They probably started after completing the DLC for BotW. Not only that but covid pushed back a lot of development for everyone.