• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will we see Breath of the Wild’s sequel before the original’s 5th Anniversary?

• Yep, and before the end of the year!

Votes: 163 29.0%
  • Yeah, early next year sounds right

Votes: 90 16.0%
  • Maybe, could launch right around the same time in March

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Nope, it’s a Summer or Holiday 2022 game

Votes: 140 24.9%
  • Maybe we all just dreamed this game was announced

Votes: 53 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I sometimes think about how weird a name "Ocarina of Time" would have been if it just didn't happen to be attached to one of the most iconic games ever made.
"The fucks an Ocarina?"

For real though I have yet to see a "rumoured" title for BotW2 that isn't comically bad

SHADOWS OF THE UNDERGROUND
DEPTHS OF DARKNESS
CHAOS OF THE REALM
BREATH OF THE EVIL

carlosfilho

Feb 3, 2021
One of those fake leaks spoke of "Echoes of the Past", which would be a less ridiculous name in my opinion. "The Sheikah Pedestal", lol which one of them? We got tens of 'em in the original game

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
One of those fake leaks spoke of "Echoes of the Past", which would be a less ridiculous name in my opinion. "The Sheikah Pedestal", lol which one of them? We got tens of 'em in the original game
Maybe a very important and unique Sheikah Pedestal that allows you to open a portal through time.

idk

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
What everyone seems to be overlooking is that BotW is going to become its own sub-series. "Breath of the Wild" will become the new title, with a subtitle appended to it.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2: The Squeakuel

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I think it wil have Earth in the title because of the underground.

Either Breath of the Earth, if it doesn't have Breath in the title Heart of the Earth or Whisper of the Earth.

Maybe The Earth Gauntlet because of Link's glove. (And Gaunlet has more than one meaning, the gauntlet of monsters underground) I guess if human Ganon is revived, he'll have his own one, like how he has his own beast form in Twilight Princess, to contrast with Link's.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The Shiekah Pedestal, I doubt is the name. I think it will sound grander and more intruiging. Ocarina of Time may sound weird too out of context, but 'Time' adds grandeur to it. There's no epic word in that title like 'Sky', 'Wild' or 'Awakening' which I think is more likely.

Or there might be a weird mysterious word like Minish or Majora. Shiekah doesn't sound that mysterious and we know who they are.

I guess it will have the word 'Silent' or 'Earth' in it, which sounds more like a Zelda title to me.

Last edited:

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
The LoZ series has managed to have some evocative titles that stand out and avoid sounding terribly generic.
Yes, it is interesting that there is no official title that I dislike or that is made fun of really by the fanbase, yet there hasn't been ONE made up/inofficial title in zelda history that doesn't sound straight up bad. Weird how they do it.

With the amount of effort some people put in to create fake leaks, you would think someone would come up with something decent/believable at some point.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it is interesting that there is no official title that I dislike or that is made fun of really by the fanbase, yet there hasn't been ONE made up/inofficial title in zelda history that doesn't sound straight up bad. Weird how they do it.

With the amount of effort some people put in to create fake leaks, you would think someone would come up with something decent/believable at some point.
Wind Waker got loads of fart jokes, and idiots thought Twilight Princess was a bad title because it wasn't bad arse enough and had princess in the name.

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of Breath Wild The.

Is that acceptable?
3478604-E-55-CF-4060-A747-D53-EA24-FE3-A3.jpg

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Wait so do we think that domain renewal actually means something, or...?

Goldenh

Feb 9, 2020
Zelda is so secretive, they won't let the title get leak so easily. Most people don't know what is happening with the game and their plans with it.
I do like how their titles are always so representative of the game yet focusing on a key element that isn't too obvious as a name.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Who do y'all think has the best video breakdown of the Breath of the Wild sequel trailer and speculation on the game?

I remember seeing a bunch back the week the trailer dropped, but surely someone has come out with a more thorough and better video deciphering the cryptic trailer...

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Who do y'all think has the best video breakdown of the Breath of the Wild sequel trailer and speculation on the game?

I remember seeing a bunch back the week the trailer dropped, but surely someone has come out with a more thorough and better video deciphering the cryptic trailer...
There's really not much there to decipher; nearly the entire trailer takes place somewhere we haven't seen before. The theories everyone ran with a year and a half ago are still all we have.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019

I thought Monster Maze's was very good.

youtu.be

The Big Puzzle - Breath of the Wild 2 Trailer

Today we try to piece together the confusing mess that is the Breath of the Wild 2 trailer! This puzzle was very challenging, and I hope I got as close to th...

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
Literally counting down the seconds until we get some more news on this. Coming up to the 3 year anniversary of the release, as well as the Zelda anniversary as a series, so really hoping for something. Anything!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Literally counting down the seconds until we get some more news on this. Coming up to the 3 year anniversary of the release, as well as the Zelda anniversary as a series, so really hoping for something. Anything!

4 year anniversary of the release actually.

And in June it'll be 2 years since BotW 2 was announced.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I'm just really hoping it's not _____ of the ______ .
"Donkey of the Kongs"

The names of zelda titles, if they woult not be official ones, would sound fake.
"Twilight Princess" sounds edgy. "Link between worlds" sounds like a fanfic not to link to the bast. "Links Awakening" is kinda a generic gaming title. "Oracle of Ages/Seasons" sounds like the fake mystic stuff. "Phantom Hourglass"... Phantom is usually something dark/edgy?

So yeah, its not as if the titles dont sound that weird from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.