• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Where I can find a time-machine, the wait it's going to kill me until I get my physical version this Friday.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I have, yeah. I linked some recaps of the crossbell games in a post on the first page, if you're curious as to what happened, but don't/can't play the games.
I've currently just started SC and finished FC over the weekend. I have a long way to go but loved SC. I can see where the story comes from with the CS games and definitely recommend playing them and Crossbell which I've also got planned to play.

Would love to play CS3 as I absolutely loved the first two but I feel I would be doing the series a diservice and not really enjoying it as much if I played CS3 and eventually 4 without playing the Sky games and Crossbell games. The origins and background of stuff is just explained a little better if you have the whole picture. Not to mention they are great games anyway with great characters.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I've currently just started SC and finished FC over the weekend. I have a long way to go but loved SC. I can see where the story comes from with the CS games and definitely recommend playing them and Crossbell which I've also got planned to play.

Would love to play CS3 as I absolutely loved the first two but I feel I would be doing the series a diservice and not really enjoying it as much if I played CS3 and eventually 4 without playing the Sky games and Crossbell games. The origins and background of stuff is just explained a little better if you have the whole picture. Not to mention they are great games anyway with great characters.

I absolutely recommend playing the crossbell arc. But if someone doesn't want to spend the time, or can't spend the time, the recaps are a good option.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played the demo last night and there's a huge upgrade on graphics, it finally looks like a ps3 game now lol. I'm currently trying to plat ToCS2 right now but I got this preordered already.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Ugggggh why can't the PS4 be portable even if I pick this up at midnight I work until 7:30 at night tomorrow and have to be at work at 7:30 am.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any bonus for playing the demo and transferring a save? Or is it just to get a head start?

I played a bit of the demo but figure I'd start over again. I also read all the backstory stuff.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Putting Indivisible (waiting for patches) and Crystar on hold to get started on this!! Unfortunately for all games on my backlog, Trails games get massive priority.

Oct 27, 2017
For. People who are playing this have you played the Crossbell games too?
Nope. I certainly would like to but the current state of the Zero and Ao translations just aren't something I really care to put up with considering the standard the 5(now 6) officially released games have set. I'll wait for the killer looking Zero translation to release and then....wait forever for Ao I guess!

I'm not too worried though. I'm not obsessing about seeing the story unfold in the unintended order. Going back to Sky from CS was pretty smooth and a lot of the good in those games isn't ruined by knowing things about their ultimate outcomes.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I certainly would like to but the current state of the Zero and Ao translations just aren't something I really care to put up with considering the standard the 5(now 6) officially released games have set. I'll wait for the killer looking Zero translation to release and then....wait forever for Ao I guess!

I'm not too worried though. I'm not obsessing about seeing the story unfold in the unintended order. Going back to Sky from CS was pretty smooth and a lot of the good in those games isn't ruined by knowing things about their ultimate outcomes.

Yeah, this is me as well. I don't mind going back and filling in the gaps when there is a good translation.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I was worried about was how the localization turned out, but looking at the reviews it seems like NISA surprisingly did a competent job.

While I am picking it up tomorrow I probably won't start playing seriously until the holidays roll around. Want to have plenty of time to spend with the new class VII.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I understand why people are waiting for geofront's translation, but the Ao translation is actually pretty good. Good luck finding a psp copy of it legally, tho.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Ao isn't bad, it's way better than Zero.

Oct 27, 2017
Ao isn't bad, it's way better than Zero.

I understand why people are waiting for geofront's translation, but the Ao translation is actually pretty good. Good luck finding a psp copy of it legally, tho.
So I've heard! What little I've seen of it seems serviceable but not really approaching the set standard. Still, the problem of Zero remains. I am absolutely not playing the current translation of that.

I'm super excited for CS3 and am sure I will be fine going back to Crossbell after the fact when there's a better option available.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
So I've heard! What little I've seen of it seems serviceable but not really approaching the set standard. Still, the problem of Zero remains. I am absolutely not playing the current translation of that.

I'm super excited for CS3 and am sure I will be fine going back to Crossbell after the fact when there's a better option available.

Oh, I'm in no way telling you to play the current translation of Zero :)

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
For. People who are playing this have you played the Crossbell games too?

Played all the sky games, CS1 and 2
Watched video summaries of the Crossbell games. IMO, knowing the Crossbell story is pretty crucial for story and character context and world building.
Ao chapter 4 is arguably the best in the series.

Oct 25, 2017
I finished watching a play through of Ao no Kiseki just before starting the game today, and I had no idea the ending tells you how the civil war in Erebonia ends and the events that occur. I'm kinda happy I played CSI & II first now.

Just spent the last 40 minutes refreshing myself on the lore in the library. This game is so goddamn cozy.

So many little improvements and addition already, like the perspective the camera goes into depending on where you speak to a character.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, I'm in no way telling you to play the current translation of Zero :)
Yeah zero translation currently is horrible. Sure you can understand it, but it will give you headache as you try to decipher what is being said.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah zero translation currently is horrible. Sure you can understand it, but it will give you headache as you try to decipher what is being said.

I played with an edited version of the beta, and I didn't feel like i was struggling. However, with geofront's translation coming out soon, I see no reason to tell people to play the current translation of Zero. (I did play with the beta translation, and holy shit was that awful. I got the edited beta, and that was much better, so maybe my standards were lowered :)

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd absolutely wait for Geofront's Zero, but Ao is certainly worth playing with the current translation. It's a phenomal game and there's really no guarantee we'll see a better Ao translation for a looong time.