• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've still only completed half of Zero and none of Ao.

Might still pick this up. I played Metal Gear Solid 2 before any of the others, and it only made me want to go back to MGS1 even more, so...

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
Just got my Thors Academy edition in the mail. Hopefully will get to play a few hours today

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
They definitely did their diligence to make sure all characters were spelled in previous games.
Given that we don't have official localization of the Zero/Ao games I feel they did a good job making sure character names/places matched up with what either the fan-translations have given us and/or used their contractors feedback.
The other issues you wrote about I was totally expecting. This is good news tho, I was worried about this more than anything else.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
That being said I feel now I can better answer the old question of "Is Zero/Ao required to play this?"

I havent finished the game but now in chapter 3 I can say the answer is a hard no but my God are you going to be "lost" in Chapter 2. Although I suppose that has its own benefits of getting "lost" in the lore of the series. I can say that for those who have played all Trails games up to this one this game is nothing but massive fan-service + "New Class 7."

That being said this games are always lore-heavy at the end so the answer may shift slightly once I have completed the full thing.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those who got their collectors edition,
Did you get a tracking number or notice of any kind before it arrived?

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
See my 2nd post. It's "fine." I will state that for the most part most people wont notice the errors. I pick through these games with a fine comb though so I tend to see a lot more than others. Without stating things that get into spoiler territory here are a few off the top of my head as Im not in front of the game atm

There are still crafts/arts that have either incorrect info and/or have issue with special character typos
One of Rean's orders he learns is listed as the "Japanese" name when you get it but then has the "English" localized name in the battle menu
There is a place listed on the world map that is spelled a specific way but all other versions of the game and previous Trails games used a different spelling. This MAY be a JP based issue though as I don't know if NISA was able to change map localized names but I dont have a JP version to compare to.

Where NISA I feel has done a good job is:

They definitely did their diligence to make sure all characters were spelled in previous games.
Given that we don't have official localization of the Zero/Ao games I feel they did a good job making sure character names/places matched up with what either the fan-translations have given us and/or used their contractors feedback.
what location was it? Falcom can be very inconsistent with it themselves. The -secret- location of chapter 1 has like three different spellings shown in the span of 10 minutes in the JP version.
Nothing so far. Hope it won't take too long.
i got the same mail as others have had now;

Thanks very much for pre-ordering on our online store.

I do apologise that your order has not shipped yet.

We have experienced an extremely high level of orders on this item and this coupled with the size and weight of the order has meant that it is taking us a little longer to ship than usual to ensure they arrive in mint condition.

We are expecting to complete shipments by the end of this week. I would anticipate your order should be shipped by Friday of this week.

I do apologise again for the delay with your order. If you have any questions or have any issues during the delivery please let me know.

Thanks very much,

NISA EU Store Support Team

I'm so pissed tbh

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
I've still only completed half of Zero and none of Ao.

Might still pick this up. I played Metal Gear Solid 2 before any of the others, and it only made me want to go back to MGS1 even more, so...

I played MGS4 first which is basically the MGS equivalent of playing this game first. Like you, finishing the newer games only made me want to go back and play the older games. This has basically been my order:

CS1 - CS2 - FC - SC - THIRD (Still ongoing)

After this I see it going like this:

CS1 - CS2 - FC - SC - CS3 -THIRD - ZERO - AZURE - CS4

I like replaying games so playing the games in a weird order doesn't really matter to me.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
For North American store users, we're currently getting slammed with emails so responses may be delayed, but we are fulfilling orders as fast as we can and trying to return all request in as timely a manner as possible.

If you have received a billing confirmation from our store, and have not yet received a tracking number by the end of day tomorrow, we invite you to reach out to us via [email protected]

Apologies and thank you for your patience.

----

Still can't believe we're almost there! Been a huge year for us in supporting this release and so much fun meeting with fans all over the globe. So far been really happy with the reviews and hope that we can get it in ya'lls hands ASAP.

Very nice OT, though I wish ya'll would give Kondo-san a break. Dude came out to support the game with interviews and fan events a day after the Falcom anniversary event this summer while in the midst of game development and tanked through all of it, jet lag included, like a boss.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
My Thors Edition arrived today (can't play until Friday though) and, aside from an email saying I was billed that came two weeks ago, I got nothing to indicate it was coming.

The website even still says it's being processed.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
I just got the email saying I was charged for my Thors Edition today. So probably not getting it shipped for the release date but nice to know it's actually coming. Was worried I'd get mine cancelled or something since I ordered it last minute when stock was like 5%.

Still gotta get through Sky 3rd anyways.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For North American store users, we're currently getting slammed with emails so responses may be delayed, but we are fulfilling orders as fast as we can and trying to return all request in as timely a manner as possible.

If you have received a billing confirmation from our store, and have not yet received a tracking number by the end of day tomorrow, we invite you to reach out to us via [email protected]

----

Still can't believe we're almost there! Been a huge year for us in supporting this release and so much fun meeting with fans all over the globe. So far been really happy with the reviews and hope that we can get it in ya'lls hands ASAP.

Very nice OT, though I wish ya'll would give Kondo-san a break. Dude came out to support the game with interviews and fan events a day after the Falcom anniversary event this summer while in the midst of game development and tanked through all of it, jet lag included, like a boss.

Thank you for that follow up. Im sitting here seeing the LE posted on my twitter all over plus people having theirs randomly show up without notice. Im just like
:-(

also this is a good thing, Im super glad the game has already been selling quick.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
My most desired game this year.... that I will play next year, as Crossbell comes first. Tomorrow the LE should be in my room though.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
There is a place listed on the world map that is spelled a specific way but all other versions of the game and previous Trails games used a different spelling. This MAY be a JP based issue though as I don't know if NISA was able to change map localized names but I dont have a JP version to compare to.
It's Hamel? IIRC it has been translated to different names like Hemel in the past so it seems a common problem.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017

----

Thanks for the effort.
Any news if you will release any additional patch that fixes some small issues that remain?

Also, yeah, the diss at Kondo in the op is kinda childish.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Really enjoying this one, though the game structure seems a bit shoehorned this time around given we are still playing Rean.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Thanks for the effort.
Any news if you will release any additional patch that fixes some small issues that remain?

Also, yeah, the diss at Kondo in the op is kinda childish.

We're currently evaluating all feedback we've received. If you (or anyone) see anything in the game you can DM me here or on Twitter and I'll forward all details to the QA/Localization team for consideration. I can't comment to future patches but we are reviewing all feedback thoroughly.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Just seven and a half hours until it unlocks for me.

I'm fully caught up on *all* the Trails games. Liberl, Crossbell, and Erebonia. I am VERY excited to see what's next in the Erebonia saga.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So excited to play trails of cold steel 3 tonight. gonna replay the demo an hour or so before it unlocks so i can pretend it unlocked early

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Plan to buy it now to show support, but I'm waiting till geofront of zero releases their translation before playing.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Y3gAW1N.gif

Trails Thirst Quenched again!

Soon I'll be ORAORAORAORAORAed by the brutal scenes of this!

twisted heart

Oct 25, 2017
North American here I just received my collectors edition I didn't get a email that it was shipped out until earlier in the day today 3 hours before it arrived.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Made the tough decision to hold this off till Winter Break cuz I'm loving Dragon Quest. Gonna miss out on joining the discussion after waiting so long for this to be out but I just don't have the time to juggle two jrpgs simultaneously.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Got the dispatch confirmation. Also got my shifts for this week at work and realized I won't be able to try it till Saturday.
It's gonna be a loooong week

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Currently 15 hours in and I'm only just in the middle of Chapter 1. Starting to get the feeling that I'll be putting a 100 hours into this by the end.