• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really cool.

The Kiseki games are one of my biggest gaming white whales right now. I hope to start Trails in the Sky one day soon but the sheer time commitment of getting through all of the games seems daunting. Maybe someday...

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks really cool.

The Kiseki games are one of my biggest gaming white whales right now. I hope to start Trails in the Sky one day soon but the sheer time commitment of getting through all of the games seems daunting. Maybe someday...
It's a big commitment but I think it's worth it. No one else is making a series with such a massive continuing storyline. And the best games are arguably the earlier ones* so if you don't make it to the latest games it's not a big deal.

*The newer games are weighed down by some annoying anime tropes. They're also too long for their own good. I'm still playing them, just gotta take it slow to avoid burnout.

Last edited:

hibouho

May 14, 2021
nyc
MY FAVE FROM THE COLD STEEL ARC IS BACK. TEAM FIE WON! (even though it was already hinted she would make an appearance)

super hyped about elaine being playable! i'm not sure how i feel about hime's design though..

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Going to be very hard to get me to care about this series again after Cold Steel, but I'm curious to hear what JP players have to say, and ngl, Fie was probably one of the few characters in Cold Steel I legit liked, so her being back has me sorta excited........

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
This looks really cool.

Just don't bother honestly, unless you're fine leaving stories unfinished. It starts off as one of the greatest JRPG franchises with Trails in the Sky and then drops right to the bottom of the genre with Cold Steel 4.

Unfortunately I have the dumb need to see where the plot of the characters from Sky ends, but Cold Steel 4 is one of the worst written and just offensive JRPGs I've played and I wouldn't wish anyone going through that.

hibouho

May 14, 2021
nyc
So much for not having returning characters bringing the whole thing down again. lmaoo
the characters that are returning are originally from calvard and they previously stated fie would be in calvard and they even showed her with zin though. Also, this isn't even half the amount of returning characters they had in the later half of the cold steel arc so?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
9AkZWFP.gif

X1n27bD.gif

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo grown up Fie that's amazing considering she was one of the better Cold Steel characters imo. Also, I'm happy to see both ZIn and Walter back.

Gotta say the game definitely looks like a decent upgrade from previous games.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, is that the sun glass dude from Trails of the Sky? Can the villains in this game be truly defeated?

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Now to hopefully play it in 2024 : (

Wow, Falcom really didn't forget about Zin lol. Fie looking good.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just don't bother honestly, unless you're fine leaving stories unfinished. It starts off as one of the greatest JRPG franchises with Trails in the Sky and then drops right to the bottom of the genre with Cold Steel 4.

Unfortunately I have the dumb need to see where the plot of the characters from Sky ends, but Cold Steel 4 is one of the worst written and just offensive JRPGs I've played and I wouldn't wish anyone going through that.

Just pretend the series ended after crossbell AO/Zero can't be topped anyway.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This is just...So blatantly untrue.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean Zin's old rival? Damn didn't spot him in the trailer. Now i need to rewatch. Like everyone happy that Zin is back. Footage looked real good.
Yep, he appears near the end of the trailer.
And no to your latter question LOL
Nobody dies or is defeated in Kiseki, not after Sky. Everyone lives, every baddie gets "redeemed" And you never actually beat any of the bosses, they were always just testing you.
I am honestly very tired with this kind of writing. Villains always re-appear and the players need to fight them again for numerous times. I would rather not see any returning characters, including those on our side.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
This is just...So blatantly untrue.

I will forever side eye anyone who sticks up for Cold Steel 3/4. There's just so much gross shit I can't believe they get away with.

We're talking about a game where half the cast joyfully tease about the romance between a mid twenties man and a sixteen year old girl. Where a grown woman sexually assaults a teenager while the camera gleefully leers at her. The player, and adult man, can romance his underage students, one of who looks like a literal child. Oh, and his underage sister. 90% of the women casts clothing is awfully objectifying. And that's like half of it.

I haven't even got into the awful script that reads like it was written by a middle schooler who just watched his first three anime, from the needless repetition, exposition and use of every tired trope the genre has seen.

But yeah, just blatantly untrue.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Zin was really a given. Fie is interesting though I suppose of the cold steel cast she's one of the ones that's easiest to justify being in Calvard given she's not a native Erebonian (which probably helps a lot given the tensions between the two countries) from what I remember and as a bracer she's not really tied to a job that requires her to stay there . Frankly of the other ones who I'd think you'd have an easier time bringing into this you have Gaius and as much as I'm sure some people will hate this, Rean (since he's part of the 8 leaves style so they could set it up as him visiting Yun Kafai or something)

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
This game is going to be incredible. I hope the story is as amazing as the rest of what has been shown so far.