• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
As a kid who grew up with Latin DBZ (My favorite anime, my favorite mexican dub, the only media franchise that i still consume since i was a toddler), this was one of those discovers that changed a part of my life.
Dont get me wrong, is still prefer the japanese score, i think that faulconer score only works better in certain situations (Vegeta goes SSJ, Goku goes SSJ3, Vegeta's Final Flash, etc) but, in this game, i don't know, i feel like every theme, peaceful or not, beats the japanese score (with the only exception of Perfect Cell theme, i think thats trash) maybe its because of the 16 bits? i don't know
Talking about the game itself, i remember being mesmerized with the size, the scope and the "I'm playing a fucking Dragon Ball RPG" shit.
I don't remember a DBZ game that wowed me like this before, not even Budokai Tenkaichi 3 or DBZ Sagas.
Playing The Legacy Of Goku 2 was like entering in a whole new universe, i was even surprised with the story in certain points, but i knew that story since years ago, y'all know what i mean? Also, playing as Pikkoro was lit.
What are you thoughts era?
Before shitting on Faulconer's score, take a look at my personal favorite themes from the game, enjoy.

1:45

This is when nostalgia hits hard

OP
OP

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
More amazing themes

Yes, i know these arent Faulconer's original, they are remixes instead, but its his style, so, we have to give him credit.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Super Saiyan Densetsu for SNES is the best DBZ RPG.

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20-%20Super%20Saiya%20Densetsu.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The most amazing thing about Legacy of Goku 2 to me is that it's a sequel to Legacy of Goku.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Peak DBZ popularity, hearing that 'authentic' music while playing was so good. Game was awesome, took the idea from the first and turned it (lol) SSJ! 3rd one finished it off making for a great little series.

Like the first Ubisoft Naruto game on Xbox 360, proper music from the show went a huge way to legitimising the game to me (can't remember if the sequel had it or not). Man that game was good, forgotten now in a world of Ultimate Ninjas who are just wannabies.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, OP, right on! One of the greatest Dragon Ball Z games of all time, for sure. I have immense nostalgia for it, and I beat it many times on the GBA as a kid. It might even be my most played title on the system. You're dead-on in regards to the music, which are renditions of tracks straight out of the anime that immerse you and create the feeling that you're really experiencing those key events from the show. I've always loved The Legacy of Goku 2, and I'm actually due for another playthrough soon.

How do you feel about Buu's Fury? It doesn't quite compare to my affinity for TLoG2, but it's still a highly worthy sequel and an excellent game.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Fully agree with you. I love all three of those games. The Bruce Faulconer music is so good. I prefer it over the Japanese OST.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The Legacy of Goku games have always had great music. Remember the Goku vs Ginyu Force theme in the first one?

OP
OP

Deleted member 47654

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
How do you feel about Buu's Fury?
Hi and thanks for the kind words!
I like Buu's Fury a lot, but there are 2 things that i hate about it.
1-It never got translated to spanish, so i remember having a hard time to figure out what i needed to do, as a kid that was painful.
2- Only saiyans as playable characters.
But overall its really good game and beats TLOG2 in certain aspects such as:
Combat, ebemy variety, locations, lenght.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I'll always remember grinding each character to level [whatever] to open those stupid level roadblocks (complete bullshit), and I'll always remember that sweet, sweet Faulconer OST (heaven).

Best track - The Android 17 & 18 theme. Sounded like I'd swapped to Metroid Fusion.

Oct 30, 2017
I got this game based on the fan praise back in the day. I never understood. The sprites and environments were sloppy. The combat was clunky. The only thing that was nice about it was how many characters you could use, otherwise I found it pretty mediocre at best. I haven't played that many Dragon Ball games, but I liked the Attack of the Saiyans one on DS, in spite of its balance flaws.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I loved this game so much growing up. It was such a huge improvement over the first one in every way.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Hi and thanks for the kind words!
I like Buu's Fury a lot, but there are 2 things that i hate about it.
1-It never got translated to spanish, so i remember having a hard time to figure out what i needed to do, as a kid that was painful.
2- Only saiyans as playable characters.
But overall its really good game and beats TLOG2 in certain aspects such as:
Combat, ebemy variety, locations, lenght.
Damn, I'm really sorry it was never translated to Spanish. I wish it had been, so that you could've experienced it without issue.

I never even thought about the fact that only Saiyans are playable in Buu's Fury, but you're right. With the exception of minor parts (like when you play as Videl in the tournament), it's just pure Saiyans. Would've been nice to at least get some side missions as Piccolo, Videl, or anyone else.

DyCy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the Faulconer tracks fit the anime at all but it works very well for the game.

Loved the game as a kid.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Op, you fucked up, but it's alright tho:

I gotchu fam. you forgot to post this song. It is so catchy and perfectly suits the area you are in.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who never even liked the "Faulconer" score as a kid growing up (Aside from some of the more lighthearted themes) I admit there is something about the GBA arrangements that make them more appealing to my ears. I would still never find that music to fit the series overall but it sort of works here since these games represent that version of DB that Funimation had made back in the day. Not just with the music but from the writing itself since they put in a lot of their weird jokes, changes and fan?canon elements. It certainly makes them... unique.
I eventually got into original Japanese version of DB so these games do feel a touch strange and antiquated now though. Definitely curiosities especially since these games did actually come to Japan and obviously they had to be re-engineered since JP wasn't gonna understand all the dubisms lol. Buu's Fury was my favourite.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I loved being able to turn SSJ whenever and wherever I wanted, such an amazing experience.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
This reminds me of Astro Boy: Omega Factor in a good way.
I think it was an inspiration, but yes, it is a pretty fun platformer and a good example of how licensed games aren't always bad.

As for the thread title, nope, i consider FighterZ to be the best DB game yet, i mean, it has it's own story that is actually decent, a cool new villain, characters from all Z sagas interacting, lots of fanservice and small little details, and the best fighting game the franchise has had so far.

Sure, it's not as deep as, say, Guilty Gear, but it's not trying to be, and i honestly do feel it works better than the Budokai Tenkaichi or just Budokai games for not having any rock-paper-scissors elements, or anything relating to button mashing, plus the game just looks gorgeous.

At most, my complaint is that aside from Beerus and Whis, no character introduced after Z really has any impact on the story mode, though i guess it would be hard to justify Hit being around, or Future Trunks, and the fact that the DLC characters get no special chapter, at most they just get some quotes when fighting others.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A mediocre action RPG? That nostalgia is strong. Mine is strong with Budokai 3, a mediocre fighting game that i love. FIghterZ is the real best.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Super Saiyan Densetsu for SNES is the best DBZ RPG.

Dragon%20Ball%20Z%20-%20Super%20Saiya%20Densetsu.png
That isn't even a good game. Mechanics are poorly explained, the story is cut and diced to bits to fit the fact that any characters could survive the super saiyan fights... it's just not good.

(edit) To be clear, I HAVE beaten the game both before and after it was translated. It's just bad no matter how it's played.

The most amazing thing about Legacy of Goku 2 to me is that it's a sequel to Legacy of Goku.
This is truth... while you can see the pedigree, LoG 1 is hot hot garbage.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the US version the only one with Faulconer's music? Does the PAL version have the japanese music?