• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
"By the way, there are further power-ups beyond your last"
300px-Surprised_Pikachu.jpg

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Haha! Ultra Instinct?! I can defeat that without even breaking a sweat!"

*Goku Unlocks Super Ultra Instinct*

"NANI!?"

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's not Uub. Uub sucks.
So very recently Uub provided Goku with a "ridiculous" amount of Divine Ki when Goku was exhausted, enough for him to tap into Ultra Instinct again.

It's a strong possibility that Uub could learn ultra instinct because he's a divine being created from all the divine ki of the Grand Supreme Kai. Uub has insane pontential. He has barely had any characterization in super but on the surface he's ripe to become a stupid strong hero.

Last edited:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
3q4C9GT.png

Firstly we get the setup that something is coming.

6EEvR4w.png

Secondly we get confirmation that angels are always using UI, To a much higher degree that Goku being able to seemingly counter him and land hits without effort.

xtiBudC.png

It seems to be that much like Super Saiyan God a few years back that UI is going to become a base level power up that gets itterated and evolved upon.

iV9oFnV.png

Then we get the HUGE reveal that other techniques exists aside from UI, Vegeta is much more interested in learning these which sets up something the ToP teased with Super Saiyan God SS Evolved and that is Goku and Vegeta both becoming stronger but down different paths. Maybe they will eventually converge again but for now it seems that Vegeta is going to become stronger in a much different way. Maybe something to do with Hakai

Outside of these events we are introduced to a new faction of pirate esq traders and infomation brokers "The Heeters"

9ZViY2v.png

Their true goals unknown but the employ mercenaries to obtain items for them and they eventually want Zuno a god like entity introduced in DBS who knows essentially every single thing in the multiverse.

v79X7EP.png

Then we have Granolah a merc working for hire doing jobs for The Heeters who is absurdly powerful and casually one shots an army of artifical life forms whom just a single member of proved to be a big threat last arc. He hates the saiyans because when working for Freeza they destroyed his planet and people. His race are known marksmen but he is exceptional even by their standards.

yL69ezf.png

Finally we end with word the sleeping oracle fish telling us the balance of power in universe 7 is shifting and a new strongest warrior will rise up. I think the intended idea is that we all this this is Granolah but it's a swerve. I wouldn't be shocked to see this be Uub who last arc made an apperance and displayed incredible power.

This to me at least feels like a really strong intro to the next arc and sets up a lot. I was kind of meh on most of the Moro arc prior but I'm really looking forward to what goes on here.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008330

Full chapters available here officially for free at launch.

I can read all of DBS for free!? How is this profitable for them?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can read all of DBS for free!? How is this profitable for them?
You can read the new chapters, the cycle an older chapter out when one comes in. It's an effort to combat piracy. They make most of their money from merch and licensing and people buy the volumes when they hit retail.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I know the Toyotaro cycle is a thing, but this chapter was simply fantastic and the revelations were GREAT

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
"By the way, there are further power-ups beyond your last"
300px-Surprised_Pikachu.jpg

Kale-Hair-Color.png

So let me spell out the rest of the arc for you.

Super powerful foe shows up on Earth and beats up Gohan, Piccolo and the rest. In this case, apparently mostly Freeza
Goku gets sidetracked or beaten
Vegeta unlocks new form and start beating opponent
Opponent finds sudden power-up, probably by absorbing something else
Vegeta gets beaten
Goku unlocks new power, beats opponent, doesn't finish him off
Opponent powers up again
Goku still beats opponent.

Add in a bunch of flashbacks of how Vegeta is totally a changed person now who loves his family.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Strongest warrior in the universe...I thought that was Broly. Still, I hope this arc brings him back. Not utilizing him feels like a waste.

I think Broly will mostly continue sidelined because if he had a bigger presence he'd basically replace Vegeta as the co-lead.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Broly will mostly continue sidelined because if he had a bigger presence he'd basically replace Vegeta as the co-lead.

There's a few options

Either
He's used as a "Green Ranger" style addition to the team who comes to help in times of need but doesn't really follow the ideals
He is being reserved for a second movie
He joins the z fighters and the cast expands into a trio lead of Broly, Vegeta and Goku.
He is ignored forever

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
There's a few options

Either
He's used as a "Green Ranger" style addition to the team who comes to help in times of need but doesn't really follow the ideals
He joins the z fighters and the cast expands into a trio lead of Broly, Vegeta and Goku.
He is ignored forever
Having more than 2 leads is already something Super has played with a few times, so Broly joining on doesn't really seem like an issue to me.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So very recently Uub provided Goku with a "ridiculous" amount of Divine Ki when Goku was exhausted, enough for him to tap into Ultra Instinct again.

It's a strong possibility that Uub could learn ultra instinct because he's a divine being created from all the divine ki of the Grand Supreme Kai. Uub has insane pontential. He has barely had any characterization in super but on the surface he's ripe to become a stupid strong hero.
Wait what

Is the manga past End of Z?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what

Is the manga past End of Z?

We truly cannot be far off now. End of Z is just going to have to end up being ruled non canon sooner or later tbh. It's a mess and super has already made it clear it can't exist. The ONLY way it remains canon now is if everything we have seen in super takes place in the same year and Goku leaves everyone for the next 5 years.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We truly cannot be far off now. End of Z is just going to have to end up being ruled non canon sooner or later tbh. It's a mess and super has already made it clear it can't exist. The ONLY way it remains canon now is if everything we have seen in super takes place in the same year and Goku leaves everyone for the next 5 years.
Alternatively, Goku leaves with Uub intending to be gone for a long time, but something happens shortly after that changes those plans.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The 5 year thing is the only thing that doesn't fit and that's easy to retcon. Uub being given divine energy recontextualizes Goku's excitement in a world where DBS exists.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It's hard to think Granolah can be the strongest warrior in the universe without stealing powers/taking over a body like Baby does, Meerus would be a prime candidate & even has the white hair like Baby did, that's if they really want to remake GT's best arc.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
There's a few options

Either
He is ignored forever
Green Ranger or only showing up in movies are fine with me. If Broly joins the z fighters permanently he will get beaten with the nerf stick. I don't want to see him get whomped every fight to show how powerful the new enemy is before Goku fights them.

Oct 27, 2017
We're in the good phase of a new DB arc, give it like ~10 chapters before things go to shit.

I dunno about 10 chapters but otherwise this is correct — a whole lot of potential that gets squandered by needing to fit the usual DB tropes.

Green Ranger or only showing up in movies are fine with me. If Broly joins the z fighters permanently he will get beaten with the nerf stick. I don't want to see him get whomped every fight to show how powerful the new enemy is before Goku fights them.

It would be a significant waste for them to reuse Broly frequently. Count me in with the group that would rather see him green ranger'd / saved for a movie.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The 5 year thing is the only thing that doesn't fit and that's easy to retcon. Uub being given divine energy recontextualizes Goku's excitement in a world where DBS exists.

Trunks and Goten got a lot of growing to do.

The timeline is an actual mess at this point and if the want End of Z to stay they are probably going to either drastically age up certain cast members of change the date of the 28th world tournament.

BoG is 4 years post Buu
Dragon balls are used by Goku in BoG (Year 4)
Dragon balls are used again by Sorbet in Golden Frieza Saga (Year 5)
Super Dragon balls are used by Whis the in Universe 6 Saga Saga (Year 6)
Dragon Balls are used again by Android 17 as the winner of the ToP (Year 7)

So that's like.. 3-4 years left

b308019de8a2c3e355acee7af9cbd476.jpg

Sp6F9jT.jpg

meanwhile

dragon-ball-super-1245971.jpeg

latest

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Trunks and Goten got a lot of growing to do.

The timeline is an actual mess at this point and if the want End of Z to stay they are probably going to either drastically age up certain cast members of change the date of the 28th world tournament.

BoG is 4 years post Buu
Dragon balls are used by Goku in BoG (Year 4)
Dragon balls are used again by Sorbet in Golden Frieza Saga (Year 5)
Super Dragon balls are used by Whis the in Universe 6 Saga Saga (Year 6)
Dragon Balls are used again by Android 17 as the winner of the ToP (Year 7)

So that's like.. 3-4 years left

b308019de8a2c3e355acee7af9cbd476.jpg

Sp6F9jT.jpg

meanwhile

dragon-ball-super-1245971.jpeg

latest
BoG is Age 778
F, Champa and Future Trunks are Age 779
US arc, Broly, GPP arc and Granolah are all Age 780, with the last 2 potentially going into 781.
EoZ is Age 784.
Goten and Trunks not being aged up yet is a non issue, they have Saiyan blood and could grow rapidly in a short period.
Uub looks pretty normal for a 6/7 year old.
3n7DZp3.jpg

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
So let me spell out the rest of the arc for you.

Super powerful foe shows up on Earth and beats up Gohan, Piccolo and the rest. In this case, apparently mostly Freeza
Goku gets sidetracked or beaten
Vegeta unlocks new form and start beating opponent
Opponent finds sudden power-up, probably by absorbing something else
Vegeta gets beaten
Goku unlocks new power, beats opponent, doesn't finish him off
Opponent powers up again
Goku still beats opponent.
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
BoG is Age 778
US arc, Broly, GPP arc and Granolah are all Age 780, with the last 2 potentially going into 781.
EoZ is Age 784.
Goten and Trunks not being aged up yet is a non issue, they have Saiyan blood and could grow rapidly in a short period.
3n7DZp3.jpg

Where as those dates from?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Where as those dates from?
778 and 789 were advertised dates for BoG and F, Champa and Future Trunks were stated to be the same year as F in Xenoverse 2, the ToP takes place 1 year after Champa, Broly happens very shortly after that and Moro happens immediately after Broly.
Bra was also previously stated to be born in age 780.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some speculation that Granolahs design looks ripe for a transformation and I absolutely see it too.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
BoG is Age 778
EoZ is Age 784.
3n7DZp3.jpg
Honestly the worst part of the timeline is the fact that History of Trunks is now non-canon because that was 780 and Trunks doesn't look like he did then.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the worst part of the timeline is the fact that History of Trunks is now non-canon because that was 780 and Trunks doesn't look like he did then.
Don't give up hope!!! We can just rationalize that by saying the art style changed or that the concept is still canon even if that specific depiction isn't (i.e. Bardock situation)

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You mean they gotta continue the cashflow by extending the power dynamics to bullshit levels? This was not a revelation, it was an excuse to continue the series. Its so fucking shit, If i were not a DB fanboy I wouldve quitted long ago.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Blue was Goku's top form for 3 stories in a row as well as in Broly and UI is what Goku's been working towards since 2015 and he's only just now learned how to use it at will, but he uses it worse than all the angels. They aren't replacing UI yet, at most he might get a tweaked powered up version of it like how Blue got a "Mastered" version in the manga that the only visual difference was the lack of an aura.
Or they do exactly what they did with blue and just stick another thing on top of it in order to create a 'powe-up'

Beerus Story- Sayian God
Revival Of F- Sayian god + Super Sayian
U6- SSB+ Kaio Ken
Black- SSB + fusion
Broly - SSB + other fusion

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really hope we can get a sequel or prequel series where we can kind of reset power levels to something more... Humble?