• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
my mother in law posted on facebook
"Super Bowl halftime show = strippers and pole dancing"

Wasn't sure if I wanted to reply "ok boomer" or "there were no strippers/stripping going on"

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Global Warming isn't real based on the amount of snow flakes in America, the country where nipples kill more people than guns.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Besides it being a fantastic performance (Latino is where it's at everyone ^_* ) I was so happy watching it knowing that it was going to upset so many of the worst types of people

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the pearl clutching about children. You'd think they were performing sex acts on stage or something. I'm sure your child won't be traumatised by a grown, empowered women dancing. Give me a break.

The performance was fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
they were definitely working it. But I couldn't really vibe with it because I have little to no familiarity with their music. The only songs I really recognized were Shakira songs from what? 15 years ago? So I could appreciate the skill involved...the background dancers were fuckin GOING FOR IT...but overall it was just w/e.

I think my favorite modern SB halftime was probably Bruno Mars. Maybe Black Eyed Peas. Maybe Beyonce.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I don't get it. Why are Conservatives so against government control and freedom, and then when someone actually exercises that freedom, they call it smutty and scandalous?

Shakira and JLo's performance was certainly erotic, but pretty damn tame by today's standards.

Honestly I'm surprised that Charlie Kirk is among those bitching about this, because of groypers who think he isn't racist, homophobic, and xenophobic enough.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get it. Why are Conservatives so against government control and freedom, and then when someone actually exercises that freedom, they call it smutty and scandalous?

Shakira and JLo's performance was certainly erotic, but pretty damn tame by today's standards.

Honestly I'm surprised that Charlie Kirk is among those bitching about this, because of groypers who think he isn't racist, homophobic, and xenophobic enough.
Mysogyny, bigotry, and weird views on sex because of religion. Nevermind that they go to bat for serial rapists and pedophiles.

And they just lie alot.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As fine as the two performers are the funny thing was during the pole dancing portion was me saying wow because I was impressed with how well she did it. It requires so much strength and would break my neck attempting something similar. Lol

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
As fine as the two performers are the funny thing was during the pole dancing portion was me saying wow because I was impressed with how well she did it. It requires so much strength and would break my neck attempting something similar. Lol

She did have support for the more difficult positions.

GDDnJp7.jpg

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Shakira was fine. J. Lo. looked like she wanted to headline the Monday morning water cooler discussion. But IMO, J Lo has always been like that. I remember when she was an America Idol judge years back, the show started by having the judges walk out to the judging table instead of them already being there. They never started doing that until J Lo became a judge. I highly suspect she insisted on that.

Oct 29, 2017
That weird feeling when something that feels so nostalgic for you is scandalous for conservatives. The show was peak 00s nostalgia for me. This sort of bombastic pole dancing routines were everywhere in mainstream music and media 18 years ago.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just saw the performance. (sigh) It was super classy. The pole section was more akin to a gymnast routine than any actual stripping.

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck conservatives and their laughable pearl clutching. No one should be falling for this shit at this point in time. Thirty years ago, fine, but today? Come on now. Its the same act over and over and over.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My dad is liberal but old fashioned and he was uncomfortable with it.

I've been making fun of him for it.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Man i wish some german TV shows with uncensored tits and cocks would be on US primetime for once.

Reactions would be funny as hell

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just saw it on youtube and now I have been motivated to hit the gym promptly. Oh and both them killed it.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Your champion is Donald Trump who gropes his daughter, sneaks into miss teen USA locker rooms and brags about grabbing women by the pussy. The fake concern and hipocrisy is laughable.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean. They're confident and can dance like crazy. Never understood this country's take on sexuality when so many of these ragers are comfortable with a president who grabs ladies by their vagina.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if they had guns and just started shooting in the air if it would have had less controversy...

So, I just saw it on youtube and now I have been motivated to hit the gym promptly. Oh and both them killed it.
Same as...

Fuck me they (in particular J Lo) were impressive.

ps3ud0 8)

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody looked like they're having a ball and to know it gave a bunch of pearl clutchers a case of the vapours is all the sweeter.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously not offended by it but it was pretty tacky to be honest.

Time for my nap I guess.