• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Again, this is about having more 10/10 games, not which series is better.

• Sekiroulsborne

Votes: 293 30.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 637 65.6%
  • It's a tie.

Votes: 41 4.2%

• Total voters

Discontent

May 25, 2018
I should address the elephant in the room; Sekiroulsborne is not a series. This is true, but they're from the same lineage of games imo and yes Demons Souls and Sekiro are quite different to each other, but so are OoT and BOTW to some extent.

Here's why I think it's quite a potent comparison and which games I prefer...

The revolutionary game:
Dark Souls - Ocarina of Time (Ocarina wins)

The solid attempt to mirror the
revolutionary game
Dark Souls III - Twilight Princess (DSIII
wins)

The legendary yet overshadowed game:
Demons Souls - Majora's Mask (MM wins)

The return to epicness game:
Bloodborne - BOTW (BB wins)

The black sheep game:
Dark Souls II - Skyward Sword (SS wins)

The last two I really couldn't do mental gymnastics well enough on lol to get even a vague similarity but f--- it.
Wind Waker - Sekiro (Sekiro wins)

So 5 really solid entries and one weak entry each. Imo both get 3 wins. As for the 10/10 games I'd personally give it to OoT and MM and Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne so it's a tie for me but I wouldn't be surprised if Zeldas already won before you're reading this. Don't believe Eras lies though lol, this is closer than it may look like.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
lol I love that the final boss for Zelda is a Voltron-style "series" that's pulling titles from various IPs. I still think Zelda will end up taking it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
10/10 Bloodbornesekiro games for me:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Blooborne
10/10 Zelda games fore me:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda is consistently 9/10s for me while Soulsborne games are all 10/10. I legit think they are all above anything else in the industry, even Dark Souls II.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'd give OOT/MM/BOTW a 10 and Sekiro/BB a 10 but haven't played the Dark Souls trilogy yet so it could still beat out Zelda.

WW would probably be at an 8, TP a 7, and SS a 6.5 for me.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Well Zelda has way more games so that's a bit unfair.

That said I would give several Zelda games a 10, and two of them are in my top ten of all time. I wouldn't give any Souls or Souls adjacent game a 10 although I did highly enjoy all of them.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
There are just too many stinkers in Zelda, whereas Sekiroulsbornden Ring has unbelievable consistency. Banger after banger.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018

That said I would give several Zelda games a 10, and two of them are in my top ten of all time. I wouldn't give any Souls or Souls adjacent game a 10 although I did highly enjoy all of them.
We're only taking into account the 6 3D Zelda games.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

He taking about the 6 3D ones though. OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS and BoTW.

Interframe

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Zelda games are far more influential and impactful to video games overall, but its also been around forever, so thats not surprising. I feel like Zelda games are generally far more accessible and approachable for the vast majority of a wider audience of people.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
If we're purely talking which series has more 10s, it's Zelda. Bloodborne is the only Souls game that deserves a 10. Demon's and Dark come close, but both have some glaring flaws (especially the second half of the game in Dark).

If we're talking about which series has a more consistently high quality overall, it's obviously Souls. (Although, if we're only talking 3D Zelda...)

I LOVE Souls games, but I honestly cannot stomach the idea of playing all the way through one again in the near future. The flavor does not taste good after 2020, and the time/effort equation doesn't work well for me anymore now that the novelty has worn off. So they've kind of lost favor with me.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The only FromSoft game (of this style), I don't like, is Sekiro. Whereas, with Zelda, I dislike Majoras Mask and Skyward Sword quite a bit.

If this included 2D Zelda games like ALTTP, this would be a lot harder for me. I voted FromSoft Action RPG's because I'm not using the dumb word OP made up to describe their games.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I hate pretty much every Souls game except Sekiro, which is an intensely frustrating experience with some very good aspects that might make the frustration worth enduring (still deciding on that even though I've already beaten it).

10/10 Zeldas for me include Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Link's Awakening. Breath of the Wild is so good that 10/10 doesn't do it justice. So yeah.

TGB86

Jan 27, 2021
I absolutely adore FromSoftware, but... Zelda is Zelda. It gets my vote, and will justifiably win this poll handily.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Souls 10/10:
  • Dark Souls
  • Bloodborne
Zelda 10/10:
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link's Awakening
  • Ocarina of TIme
  • Majora's Mask
  • Breath of the Wild
Zelda wins again, even if you only consider the 3D games.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls
Bloodborne

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Breath of the Wild

The Souls series has a consistently higher bar of quality, but there are just so many more Zelda games that that series just happens to have more 10/10s

Souls 10/10:
  • Dark Souls
  • Bloodborne
Zelda 10/10:
  • A Link to the Past
  • Link's Awakening
  • Ocarina of TIme
  • Majora's Mask
  • Breath of the Wild
Zelda wins again.
giphy.gif

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
These are my 2 GOAT series. Dark Souls 1 overtook Ocarina as my favorite game, but Zelda has more games that are in that 10/10 right now than Soulsborne. However, over time, I could see Souls games taking the lead. Sekiro and DS2 (even though I liked DS2) hold it back for now.

Mar 29, 2018
The return to epicness game:
Bloodborne - BOTW (BB wins)
Great thread. The only big chink in your logic is here. BotW is arguably up there with "revolutionary game" along with OoT and is a bigger departure from the series' staples than any Sekisoulsborne game has ever been. I adore BB and frankly had more fun with it but i dont think the comparison holds.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
10/10 Zelda games for me:
SS
MM
OoT
TP
LA
ALttP
ALBW

10/10 From games for me:

So very easy. Also, SS is the best Zelda game, so not a black sheep.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If Soulsborne gets Sekiro then Zelda should get Marvelous and Murasame Castle!

Although actually it'd probably make more sense to go back and include classic FromSoft ARPGs on that side imo (King's Field series, Shadow Tower series, Evergrace series, Eternal Ring) rather than Sekiro.

edit: oh, didn't read the OP before posting (lol). Including Sekiro is still off though.

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, OP! You have me cornered...

Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time, so respect on it taking the crown over BOTW...but damn, I think OVERALL I have to vote Zelda.

Hard choice for me here though. Hard choice.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
Bloodborne runs so bad on ps4 that I cant give it a 10/10.

Dark souls second half is not great.

Dark souls 2 is like 6/10.

Zelda has skyward sword, so zelda wins easly.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There is a JRPG bias on ResetERA.

But there is an even heavier Nintendo bias. No doubt about it.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
10/10 Bloodbornesekiro games for me:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Blooborne
10/10 Zelda games fore me:
Maybe you're right, and Ocarina of Time, ALTTP, Majora's Mask deserve 11/10. OoT and ALTTP were groundbreaking and still a wild ride to play through, Majora's Mask is a poignant piece of art.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i think zelda wins due to sheer number of titles there are.

but soullikes are alll almost 10/10.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OoT, Wind Waker, and BotW vs. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3

Zelda

have not played Dark Souls 2 have not beaten Sekiro because it whooped my fucking ass lol

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to simply this for you OP:

If you like difficult games: Bloodsekirosouls
If you do not: Zelda

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Breath of the Wild
Ocarina of Time
Bloodborne
Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword
Dark Souls
The Wind Waker
Sekiro
Twilight Princess
Demon's Souls

This is the correct ranking, in case anyone is wondering.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this one isn't fair. Demon's Souls and Sekiro get to team up, but Wario and Mario don't? You've also unfairly crippled Zelda by removing 6 of its commonly cited 10/10 2D entries. The From games win this poll as constituted... But I don't feel clean clicking that button.

Next poll needs to be EAD vs everyone else if we're going this route. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were made by the same team for example, they should be the ones going up against Fromsoft as a whole.

Last edited:

Thac

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
There isn't a single Zelda game that is better than any of these Fromsoft games. Zelda is still going to win because it's Era.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario was the bigger threat. I don't think any Soul's like is a 10/10.