• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for me.

I'm thinking either some kind of management sim or a point and click adventure game. Despite being a great show, neither sound like they would be that appealing though.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just re-binging The Expanse so my memory is fresh going into the new season in December so...

An Expanse open world RPG seems like an obvious one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Mandalorian. So like a Candy Crush-esque game to rack up that soccer mom money. Bonus money from the Disney weirdos maybe.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I been watching Parasyte lately so some type of horror with really cool fights. Sounds good to me.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I dunno... would it be possible to make Mandalorian into a decent game?

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mad Men

So probably either a Telltale-style thing, or maybe some kind of open-world Manhattan thing where you have to go to work, go meet clients, and the main gameplay aside from that is using some kind of puzzle system to make your way through Don's thought process into coming up with an ad idea.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
DARK

I would totally play it. Guessing something along the lines of Life is Strange perhaps? I know 13 sentinels also has some similar vibes going on.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
if you count finished show, The Queen's Gambit would be...err a chess game >_>

if it's the last thing I binged but haven't finished it's JoJo and there's plenty of bideogames of it already.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
The Mandalorian, and I'd say a linear open world action adventure game like God of War or maybe even with some rpg elements like Mass Effect.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Re-binging Bojack Horseman.

whatever genre it is, I'm sure it'll be in the next Racial Justice pack on itch.io

OP
OP
padlock

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mad Men

So probably either a Telltale-style thing, or maybe some kind of open-world Manhattan thing where you have to go to work, go meet clients, and the main gameplay aside from that is using some kind of puzzle system to make your way through Don's thought process into coming up with an ad idea.
I like your second idea. It sounds unique yet promising.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Last one I binged was probably La Casa De Papel/Money Heist. Not sure if it'd be better as an adventure game or Payday dlc.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I just binged Aunty Donna on Netflix. I think a neatly written point and click would do the trick.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
New Girl - survival horror would be best, I reckon.

Nah I imagine it being that DS cheap tie-in genre where you do random unrelated mini-games for half an hour before you're done

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
Norsemen. It would make for a sillier Assassins Creed: Valhalla that's for sure. More realistically I could see it maybe work as a game ala Obsidian's South Park.

Last edited:

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Last show I binge-watched was Infinity Train so...cinematic action-adventure or a point-and-click adventure game could also work.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Star Trek Deep Space Nine

I've always thought a Star Trek game would work in the style of a Telltale game with each episode being a standalone adventure with maybe an overarching plot or theme

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I recently watched 'The Ancient Magus' Bride', and as much as I want to say JRPG/Visual Novel, I think this particular series would fit much better as a Point-and-Click Adventure Game where you can examine objects and talk to non-player characters to learn more about the world.

It helps that it's a fantasy series that dives into Celtic and Britannic folklore, which isn't a common setting that's used in video games as it's approach to magic is less about flashy powers and more about learning to tap into a sprawling ecosystem governed by faeries and spirits who are much more ancient than you could imagine (but are only willing to help if you know how to ask).