• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
All these Sony news this week (and Finals Week) must have mess up with my head, I swear I read "The Last of Us Remastered on...Mobile?" XD

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Surely anyone who would want to play this would also own a capable console right? I mean, it isn't Mario status or anything.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Remastered version superior? i know they changed engine from Unreal 3 to4 I guess, but for people that got the old PC version, is there any reason to clamor for the new version?
They made some changes and fixed some bugs.

Also, it's a different lighting model with the new engine, so everything looks different (whether you consider it superior is up to individual taste, but it is technically better).

The only downside I'm aware of is that they adjusted the way aggro works slightly, so it's harder to chain a lot of enemies (i.e., it's harder to do low-BR cheese).

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Just for information: RPG Site tried to compare the PC version (with a few .ini tweaks to reduce pop-in and improve vsync) to the PS4 version here.

The general summary is that neither version is clearly better, really kinda comes down to preference.

Some screens here too

I know this is PS4 vs PC and not specifically mobile but just talking about changes to the remastered version.

You can sprint now in addition to timeshift, and enemy aggro works a bit differently (so you can't really gather up 100 sandowrms like before).

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I just discovered this a few days ago. Playing it on my Galaxy S10+ right now, it actually runs really well. I love the future sometimes.

The HUD is nice too, finally putting Timeshift under the minimap rather than a weird vertical bar in a bottom corner.