• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
He's had so many games under his belt, and he's almost as much about telling stories as he is about delivering gameplay. So... I think if the opportunity presents itself and someone offers him a job in TV, he will take it.

i believe he has offered no indication of this whatsoever. Naughty Dog's gameplay side is been more and more great with each game. one thing is team up to make a series other is change carreer. not even Kojima who is a hard nerd on movies/tv has done this.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the value in this outside of expanding the reach of the IP.

Hope it turns out well though. I *think* it would be good for the medium.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is extremely hype. Chernobyl was brilliant and TLOU is my favorite game of all time.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't believe how good of news this is. Like how could there be a more perfect pairing for this?

Oct 27, 2017
This or bust
Prisoners-4926700-883316880401._V366319029_SX1080_.jpg

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait for the news in 2021 "Craig Mazin leaves directing duties on HBO The Last of Us series due to creative differences".

Videogame adaptations to the screen are cursed hahaha

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey. Remember when they did a hour long comic con panel for that TLOU movie thay never went anywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
i believe he has offered no indication of this whatsoever. Naughty Dog's gameplay side is been more and more great with each game. one thing is team up to make a series other is change carreer. not even Kojima who is a hard nerd on movies/tv has done this.

Whatever happens I hope it's what Druckmann wants. I also hope he stays for many a game to come, but I wouldn't blame him for seeking a fresh challenge.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is going to be great for discussing with my friends who don't play videogames. I'm guessing they want to reach that audience with this, bringing the great story TLoU is to new people. I'll definitely be watching it, I'm not super excited about this but there's potential to be incredible. Also, I need to watch Chernobyl.

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see the value in this outside of expanding the reach of the IP.
Money !

Studios reach a point where they are looking for IPs to adapt them into TV shows/movies (and for platform like Netflix, HBO max, etc...)
Sony Pictures has literally a gold mine of IPs right next to them at Sony PlayStation

Doing something with great quality will send a signal for the different platforms I guess
Sony Pictures TV will be able to sell great IP/TV shows to Netflix/Warner Media (via HBO), etc...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
HBO doesn't usually drag shows on and on these days.

Honestly cause I know some might bring it up. HBO probably should have had a stronger hand on GoT. Everything we've heard was that GRRM and HBO were more than willing to let them keep the show going on longer to properly pace the final third of the story but ultimately the idiot duo decided to not do that.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Can't believe Craig Mazin right now, this man right there, the heck.
Created the best TV Show of 2019, aka Chernobyl, went on to play an extra on Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet (the annoying know-it-all QA Tester that you just wanna slap), and then moved on to create what probably is gonna be 2020's blockbuster TV show for motherfucking HBO y'all, that man is unstoppable.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
this is great because people tell me the story of TLOU is good but I found the gameplay snooze-inducing so now maybe I can actually see what all the fuss is about

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They really could have timed this announcement better considering the current global pandemic....

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Jackman basically already played this role in Logan so I kinda hope they don't cast him cause it could be too samey. Even though he did a brilliant performance in that movie. Folks mentioning Jaime Lannister have my sword, though. Love to see that dude in more stuff.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
HBO with that talent behind Chernobyl....

Man....this is gonna be dark.....in line with the original.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Just saw that he had posted this before the announcement. So I think it's clear this will likely be a mini series and not some super long running show.