• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now this is the good shit, said it after finishing the game that it would have been much more compelling and effective as a television series. a movie just isn't enough time and the gameplay elements always felt like a gate to the story and characters

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kaitlyn Dever would be so good as Ellie, she's a bit too old but she did just play an 18 year old high schooler in Booksmart pretty convincingly.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's cool but I'm really not interested in more zombie media. I love TLOU because of the sheer quality of the game, but translated to passive media it instantly becomes very generic.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Jokes aside, I'd love it if Josh Brolin were cast as Joel. I've thought he'd be perfect ever since playing the game all those years ago.

20090115_brolin_250x375.jpg
That's a good choice! Especially after seeing him in NCFOM, I know he could pull it off perfectly

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Excited to sit in a bar and cheer with joy when Joel takes the 12 gauge to the raider's head and Ellie gets covered in brain matter. E3 never dies!

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lowkey want this to be completely separated from Joel and Ellie

Make it about the initial years following the outbreak and the founding of the Fireflies

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It doesn't have to follow the game scene by scene. It could start with Ellie as an adult with Kids. I'm just theorizing but she deserves a role in the series, in my humble opinion of course.
Why does she deserve a lead role though? Is she an amazing actress? I honestly don't know, that's why I ask

Jan 10, 2018
I always thought that The Last of Us would be handled better in a cinema context so this is pretty exciting. I also think that this is where Druckmann might truly belong. Time will tell.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBO knows quality. Oh my, this is going to be incredible. I actually can't believe this is happening. I'm shaking lol.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A TV series fits much better TLOU than a movie imo. Excited about this!

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I always thought about how sick this would be on HBO. Can't believe it's real.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Fingers crossed, at least with Druckmann's involvement it'll be close to the feeling of the games.

Oct 27, 2017
Jackman is going to be on Broadway in the fall, don't think it will be him unless the show takes a year or more to develop first.

Would be good of them to get the whole game cast (I and II) into the series somewhere somehow.

Hoping for HBO and not HBO MAX exclusive.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I guess Twisted Metal is in development hell if this is the first TV series from PlayStation Productions.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Some of the best talent working in their respective mediums, this could be quite successful.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I guess some people still feel as though film/TV is a higher art form and adapting games into these things somehow warrants higher artistic merit?.
Or you know, it's just exciting to see a story you love brought to another medium and all the possibilities that brings? No "they must see films as superior" pseudo-psychology needed

They may be both visual, but storytelling in games vs movies is drastically different. For one, films have editing, cross-cutting, and narrative-motivated camera angles. Games don't. Games are constrained by a gameplay loop that requires regular, constant, and extended action/conflict. Film isn't.

The plot of a TLOU game vs show might be similar but how they're told, places, etc would be very different

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see if Mazin can make lightning strike twice more than any personal interest in a TLOU series tbh

Smart from Sony regardless. Could have the next Walking Dead.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chernobyl is the most unsettling show I've ever watched. The whole time I was watching it, I was actually surprised at how disturbing the show was. I could always tell Druckmann was into dark shit like that, so this is a perfect match for The Last of Us.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Or you know, it's just exciting to see a story you love brought to another medium and all the possibilities that brings? No "they must see films as superior" pseudo-psychology needed

They may be both visual, but storytelling in games vs movies is drastically different. For one, films have editing, cross-cutting, and narrative-motivated camera angles. Games don't. Games are constrained by a gameplay loop that requires regular, constant, and extended action/conflict. Film isn't.

Basically. For me, the show would never supplant the game but it's going to be fun to see how they adapt it. It will be almost like seeing the game for the first time once more.