• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I wish it was another story in the same world, not about Ellie/Joel.

But I hope it's great anyway.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he steps away in a less direct role I just can't see him directing games for much longer

He was writing an actual TLoU movie at one point before deciding it wasn't going to work. This was back when the idea of Maisie Williams playing Ellie was being kicked around. So, him working on a TV show doesn't mean he has to leave ND or step back away from major involvements.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Better cast Hugh Jackman if Joel is in this
Dude's basically already played the role
ee5645_449bd94a526348d9a735fd02e7ac678d~mv2.webp

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the desire to turn gaming's best attempts at cinema into actual cinema/tv shows.
What's the point?
I guess some people still feel as though film/TV is a higher art form and adapting games into these things somehow warrants higher artistic merit?

I don't get it either, I've played games that are better than most movies I've seen and it's mostly BECAUSE they're games that they're that good. It'd be a cooler story if a game studio was approached by HBO to do a TV show and they were like "naw, our story is made for games and if people want to experience it, they should the way it was intended".

I realize that's a bit foolish to say.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
who knows what happened with them inbetween seasons. doesn't necessarily have to be an adaptation
And I'd say the game is stronger for it. Which makes me understand people who moan about Prometheus and Alien: Covenant for explaining too much of the Alien mythos - even though I like those movies.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Showtime's Halo vs HBO's The Last of Us. The console wars have shifted to TV, TV, TV.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
This could make a really interesting series and there's nothing too outlandish for an adaptation like this.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Now there's a video game adaptation that makes sense and might actually get made and end up being high quality content. (Looking at you Uncharted)

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Hyped as fuck right now. Chernobyl was amazing.

Now hire Hugh Jackmann to play Joel, John Hawkes to play David.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Druckmang has been shopping his TLOU screenplay around Hollywood years, I guess he finally gave up on that.

Mazin's involvement sounds great though.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
I wish HBO not Netflix picked up The Witcher.
The Last of US show will be almost certainly great.

Edit: OK... guy behind Chernobyl will be producing it, it will be amazing.