• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
User Warned: Posting Unmarked Spoilers; Drive-By Posting
Maybe they can change the story so that
Joel
can live this time around.

Last edited:

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Couldn't even get past the first post without some shit like this. Phew.
Why? The Last of us screams that it wants to be a high profile TV show like Blood Brothers or movie. It always feels like it hates to be a game because and needed to influx those standart as heck stealth third person puzzle solving stuff. Also, Druckmann lowkey says that he wanted his story to not be bounded by videogames.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
While I find the story of TLOU to basically be Ellie, I don't really get the point of having a TV show retelling. They're in a difficult spot, but Chernobyl is one of the best shows I've seen in many years so at this point they have my trust.
Let's people that don't game get to see the same basic story. Worst case scenario it just doesn't work out.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty excited to see how this turns out. Good luck to those cast to play Joel and Ellie. Mighty shoes to fill. Franchise is already huge and its gonna get bigger.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Why? The Last of us screams that it wants to be a high profile TV show like Blood Brothers or movie. It always feels like it hates to be a game because and needed to influx those standart as heck stealth third person puzzle solving stuff. Also, Druckmann lowkey says that he wanted his story to not be bounded by videogames.
When did he say this? Source?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I hope this ends up good. I'd love to continue to see video games tell either the same stories or new stories but in different mediums. I'd love to see video games be able to have shows or movies that end up actually somehow being good. I'll be watching this, of course, I just hope they don't mess up. TLOU has a huge fan base and it could be a recipe for disaster if it goes wrong.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020

TLoU2 plays better and is more inventive as a sheer gaming experience than almost every TPS out there.

This back-handed "hates to be a game" nonsense is ridiculous.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
While I find the story of TLOU to basically be Ellie, I don't really get the point of having a TV show retelling. They're in a difficult spot, but Chernobyl is one of the best shows I've seen in many years so at this point they have my trust.
Huh? this going to be a big new audience as well since its and HBO series so yeah they going to start at the beginning.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
So, fancast time?

Joel: Timothy Olyphant

Ellie: Kaitlyn Dever

Tommy: Norman Reedus

Tess: Carrie Coon

Marlene: Thandie Newton

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn, well the franchise itself is probably even more of an achivement then, considering that it managed to be game of the generation 2 gens ago and last gen, all while it hated being a game.

I wonder if we'll see come casting news during or shortly after TGA.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Now will this show pretty much follow the story from the games? Or will it deviate a bit? Maybe new characters in the same world?

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us Part 2 has a mode that offers the player the ability to play through almost all the combat scenarios in isolated instances repeatedly...

But yeah, it hates being a video game.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Why some are some people thinking only gamers will watch ? When they say its not worth if its the same story and cast, if anything this series will bring a lot of non gamers to know the games.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Matthew McConaughey would be a great Joel even though I know he doesn't look exactly like him (but he does look a combination of Joel and Troy Baker). I don't know if I'm just saying this because they're both from Texas tho.
So, fancast time?

Joel: Timothy Olyphant

Ellie: Kaitlyn Dever

Tommy: Norman Reedus

Tess: Carrie Coon

Marlene: Thandie Newton

And that would be my ideal Ellie

I wonder timeline-wise if the show will have caught up by the time TLOU3 releases
i Actually have a hunch that part 3 will be developed as the show goes on... i can easily see Neil getting ideas & Craig collaborating with him & gross.

and on a completely different note: I have a mighty feeling that amc is sweating right now. They been the only players in the post apocalyptic zombie thing for so long & the big fish, that I can't imagine they are all to thrill at the idea of hbo entering thier pond... which could very well be made even worse if this ends up being hbo's next got...and of that happen? I expect those sticking around the walking dead on the basis of it being the only thing post apocalyptic thing on to flood to the show in the same genre that has some actual quality behind it over the shambling mediocrity. Will be very interesting to see.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
the gameplay of last of us makes it great, I always thought that the story for both games, while fine, wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

it's where I'm at with the uncharted movie too