• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think I should wait a while before playing TLOU multiplayer again. My first game was great because my team stuck together and took it slow but every game since I've been matched with people who are playing it like Call of Duty by running around on their own.

Also it takes so long to find a match. Is that because the servers may be getting overloaded or is that how it normally is?

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Disregarding the story entirely, TLOUR was one of the best TPS I've ever played. Up there with RE4 and Vanquish.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Lol apparently The Show doesn't even have a French language option, so I'm assuming it lacks a bunch of other EU languages as well

Not that I care personally, but it really shows they didn't give much of a shit. Great way to "introduce" a sport that's barely played there

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Disregarding the story entirely, TLOUR was one of the best TPS I've ever played. Up there with RE4 and Vanquish.

Those are such fascinating comparisons to me. I've been playing The Last of Us most of the night ( last time I played through it was when it first came out on PS3) and I don't feel the same way tbh. The gun play is not the games strong suit at all and often times tonight I hit a fair amount of jank and odd animations. The game is old but in my memory it was a lot smoother, which makes everything I've seen in the footage for the sequel that much more amazing.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Anyone that is experiencing TLOU for the first time?

That's kinda me... I own the PS3 version, but never played it at the time as I was a father of 6 month olds at the time (twins). I played a couple of MP games of this on the PS3 about a month ago and that is my experience with this.

I have a vague idea of the story only, but have no idea how it plays out. I own the PS4 version on disc and never got around to it either, but recently I've really wanted to knock it over before too much info of the second one is released.

So I'll get around to it in the next couple of weeks, the kids are 6 now, so only get a few hours here and there for adult games!

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Anyone that is experiencing TLOU for the first time?
I am, kinda. I didn't own a PS3 when the original came out so I just watched the cutscenes on youtube.
So I know the story but I've never actually played the game. It's been like 6 years though so I barely remember anything besides the intro and the ending. Never looked at anything about the left behind DLC so that'll be fresh.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's kinda me... I own the PS3 version, but never played it at the time as I was a father of 6 month olds at the time (twins). I played a couple of MP games of this on the PS3 about a month ago and that is my experience with this.

I have a vague idea of the story only, but have no idea how it plays out. I own the PS4 version on disc and never got around to it either, but recently I've really wanted to knock it over before too much info of the second one is released.

So I'll get around to it in the next couple of weeks, the kids are 6 now, so only get a few hours here and there for adult games!
I am, kinda. I didn't own a PS3 when the original came out so I just watched the cutscenes on youtube.
So I know the story but I've never actually played the game. It's been like 6 years though so I barely remember anything besides the intro and the ending. Never looked at anything about the left behind DLC so that'll be fresh.

Nice! Hope you guys enjoy it

MILKGOLOLBAD

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 5, 2019
Those are such fascinating comparisons to me. I've been playing The Last of Us most of the night ( last time I played through it was when it first came out on PS3) and I don't feel the same way tbh. The gun play is not the games strong suit at all and often times tonight I hit a fair amount of jank and odd animations. The game is old but in my memory it was a lot smoother, which makes everything I've seen in the footage for the sequel that much more amazing.
WILDLY disagree - the gunplay is absolutely brilliant in the game, especially in the multiplayer.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Show 19 Retro mode is awesome, very fun way to try baseball even if you're not a big fan.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Which settings are the best/most accurate for pitching, hitting, throwing and base running?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Man the pitching still doesnt compare to the later 2K games

Those were so fun

Edit: I wish you could combine zone hitting with analog hitting. So move with the left stick and then hit with the right stick instead of just pressing a button

Last edited:

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am really curious to what actually happened to PES. It seems weird to remove a game about the biggest sport in the world and then later have a month with a game about a niche sport, if the reason for removing PES was backlash.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I am really curious to what actually happened to PES. It seems weird to remove a game about the biggest sport in the world and then later have a month with a game about a niche sport, if the reason for removing PES was backlash.

EA Access was about to launch with FIFA 19...

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
This includes the Last of Us DLC right? I never did play that when I played the original. Is there any way to just install the DLC?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The monetization in this game is kinda gross

Buyao

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't touched the show series in a few years, RTTS in 19 is acutally pretty fun.
It is such a breath of fresh air after playing NBA 2K.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Well you're definitely asking the wrong person here. I'm a huge Met fan so... lol
Alright, do you use the guess pitch option or no?

Edit: nvm hate it, off. Now I just need to decide if I have flick or stride batting for zone hitting

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I have kept it off in the 10 or so years I've been playing the show and always used zone hitting and buttons for fielding.
Yeah zone hitting with flick analog seems to be the best/most fun/most accurate.

Buttons for fielding too cause that's how I've known it since like MVP 2003.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is there any way to invert the base buttons for fielding in RTTS so it matches what you see?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, two more days for November games. Time to start the rumours all over again.

My uncle who works at Sony told me that November's games are likely to be:

Vampyr
Sekiro

He used to work high up at Sony, but these days my uncle Kaz is just a consultant. I trust him.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Last month wasn't great for me as it was the rare case that I already own the game on offer (TLOU) or don't care for it (The Show).
Here's hoping for a good mix of genres, like a jrpg and an action game.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ok, two more days for November games. Time to start the rumours all over again.

My uncle who works at Sony told me that November's games are likely to be:

Vampyr
Sekiro

He used to work high up at Sony, but these days my uncle Kaz is just a consultant. I trust him.

Sekiro is impossible, but I want Vampyr, I think it will come someday

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So excited we have the plus games and marquee collection for Now to look forward to. Now games should be next Tuesday, right?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So excited we have the plus games and marquee collection for Now to look forward to. Now games should be next Tuesday, right?
Yeah.
On the marque Now games: I'm really hoping we'll still get the regular games as well though because I'm not looking forward to a possible future of PSNow where you have to play through all the games within 3 months after they're added.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah.
On the marque Now games: I'm really hoping we'll still get the regular games as well though because I'm not looking forward to a possible future of PSNow where you have to play through all the games within 3 months after they're added.

They did note the evergreen title list would continue to grow along with the marquee list so it should be fine.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
They did note the evergreen title list would continue to grow along with the marquee list so it should be fine.
Nonetheless, they didn't add evergreen titles last month :(
I understand that they wanted to market "God of War, Uncharted and GTA V" but that was disappointing