• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so far everything seems to be lining up for Death Stranding to be their big 2019 title. I think we'll definitely see a trailer for it there.

As much as people hate to admit, Sony doesn't need TLOUII next year. They will have enough exclusives even in their "down" year. It may actually be smart to position it as a cross gen title if that's what they decide to do

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so far everything seems to be lining up for Death Stranding to be their big 2019 title. I think we'll definitely see a trailer for it there.

As much as people hate to admit, Sony doesn't need TLOUII next year. They will have enough exclusives even in their "down" year. It may actually be smart to position it as a cross gen title if that's what they decide to do

This is sad but true. I just hope that like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 1, The Last of Us 2 releases in the first half of the year in 2020.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised in the least. I don't know why anyone expected much more than just Death Stranding and maybe Dreams and/or Days Gone from Sony at TGAs. If Sony were going to make a huge presence there then they would've kept PSX around.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Honestly Death Stranding releasing next year seems like a bigger reach to me than TLoU, I just don't see how a new AAA IP that is supposed to be huge will only have a development time of 3 years, even less when you consider Kojima didn't even have an engine for the game when it was announced.

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there's almost no way this isn't cross gen PS4/PS5 in 2020.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really expecting it there but it would've been a nice surprise. Good of them to confirm beforehand so the hype wouldn't get completely out of control.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
The gameplay unveiled at E3 was a little disappointing, no wonder they take time to review the formula, it wouldn't be bad either.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is sad but true. I just hope that like Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 1, The Last of Us 2 releases in the first half of the year in 2020.
It will release whenever ps5 is releasing .

Based on rumors Sony is not sure about March 2020 or November 2020.once that is confirmed , we get a trailer and release date for the game

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely makes sense. Bet we'll see something Days Gone related at TGA, maybe even a Dreams beta announcement.

I'm kinda glad devs are coming out and saying "sorry, we're not gonna be at TGA." Helps temper expectations, but also narrow things down in terms of who might be showing stuff. I approve of this approach.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Its more than that, Naughty Dog just need a longer development cycle than most people hoped. They are under immense pressure to create a sequel to one of the greatest games of all time. They are going to take all the time they need, and I cant see myself playing the game less than three years after it was announced.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay unveiled at E3 was a little disappointing, no wonder they take time to review the formula, it wouldn't be bad either.
Even if it was the case that the gameplay was disappointing, that wouldn't be a reason for the no show lol

But it was actually pretty acclaimed at E3, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from

Honestly Death Stranding releasing next year seems like a bigger reach to me than TLoU, I just don't see how a new AAA IP that is supposed to be huge will only have a development time of 3 years, even less when you consider Kojima didn't even have an engine for the game when it was announced.
honestly I would agree but haven't we heard rumblings that the game is moving along very quickly and is entering final phases?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone was claiming this to be a summer 2019 game but I think this confirms they are shooting for 2020.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
this is a little surprising for me, as I kinda thought that just-released reactions vid was a way of gearing people up for something new, and baiting a ton of new reaction vids for a new trailer

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
this has really bummed me out

2019 will be a terrible year then

no games to play at all

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will release whenever ps5 is releasing .

Based on rumors Sony is not sure about March 2020 or November 2020.once that is confirmed , we get a trailer and release date for the game

I'm still expecting it to release first for PS4, like it happened with TLoU 1.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely they aren´t, but from a marketing perspective they will seem too similar to the masses. Days Gone is going to do well, but if the TLOU2 hit in Q4 2019 it would eclipse holiday sales for Days Gone.

I think that only happens if DG fails to carve out its own share of the market. If it can deliver on what Bend has talked about in it being a dynamic open-world, then I don't think it'll have an issue selling through the holidays even if Part II releases during that period. God of War is still selling really well even though Spider-Man has gotten a lot of attention. In part that's because it's known as one of the best games released this year, and another part is its price (as low as $17 on Black Friday). So those are two areas where DG could be in a similar position where it was highly regarded and had a cheap price during the holidays.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Last of Us II

One of these games (at least) will be pushed to 2020. Last of Us makes the most sense, as it is big enough to stand on its own no matter when it releases.

I think Sony will drop Tsushima in Sept '19, to try and repeat the open world success they had with Spiderman (plus capitalize on there being no Assassin's Creed next year). Then Dreams in October to hit that family-friendly holiday spot. I could easily see Death Stranding either dropping in November or getting pushed to Feb 2020, with Last of Us II coming out last as the PS4's swan song in March-May 2020. With Days Gone pushed to April '19, and with Sony skipping E3, there just aren't many other slots for Sony to release these games in.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still expecting it to release first for PS4, like it happened with TLoU 1.
Doubt it man .this is BOTW type of thing .with absence here , it is 90% guaranteed that this is 2020 title.ps5 is also 2020. U do the math especially when Sony likes to emulate Nintendo success in many instances .

Last of us 1 was a brand new IP.sony couldn't use it to push platform sale of PS4.but last of us 2 is sequal to a game with 17 million fans .so last of us 2 will be system seller for ps5.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Last few ND games have had their release date announced 4-5 months ahead of it iirc. Still confident in thinking it's 2019.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I think that only happens if DG fails to carve out its own share of the market. If it can deliver on what Bend has talked about in it being a dynamic open-world, then I don't think it'll have an issue selling through the holidays even if Part II releases during that period. God of War is still selling really well even though Spider-Man has gotten a lot of attention. In part that's because it's known as one of the best games released this year, and another part is its price (as low as $17 on Black Friday). So those are two areas where DG could be in a similar position where it was highly regarded and had a cheap price during the holidays.

Nah, Spider-Man and God of War are night and day different kinds of games. TLOU2 and Days Gone are both about surviving a post apocalyptic world with infected people/creatures. Days Gone is also a new IP, while God of War has been a flagship series for PlayStation since the PS2 days. TLOU2 releasing months after Days Gone would virtually cut off it´s sales legs.

While the game designs are very different and they each have their key selling points that set them apart, the average consumer isn´t going to be picking up both Days Gone and The Last of Us 2 during Black Friday like they did with God of War and Spider-Man.

Trust me, this just works better for Days Gone that TLOU2 is still not ready for next year (at least its likely). Its going to let Bend capitalize on the thirst for TLOU2 with a lot of players getting it throughout the year to hold them over till TLOU2 release.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good!

Let that masterpiece stay quiet from now on and cook to perfection. Patience will pay off in the end.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really cant see how it could end up being a cross gen PS5 launch title.

If it is not Fall 2019, I think it will be early 2020. Then it will get a PS5 version when it releases Fall 2020.

But there is no way it is still 2 years away to launch in Fall 2020.

Unless they hold the game release with that intention, which would be pretty weird for Sony...

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
this has really bummed me out

2019 will be a terrible year then

no games to play at all

Sorry but that's a little bit silly considering what else is coming out next year, there's a crazy amount of games. While I understand the disappointment of not having a date for LOU2 it's better that Sony take the time they need with their major exclusives to get them right.

If Death Stranding does show up I do hope the trailer shows a little bit of combat, that's the part we're missing. That and the release date of course.

As for Last Of Us Part 2, Naughty Dog will nail it at least gameplay wise. I was hoping for a multiplayer trailer but nevermind, they'll show it when it's good for them to do so. :)

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Stop spoiling your game... I still don't understand so many people desiring to see so many footage of these heavily-story-based games.

Santa Monica did a great job with GoW. Rockstar also did a great job with RDR2 - and their previous titles... ND doesn't have a good track in this regards... that Uncharted 4 reveal tho lol

I totally understand that many developers get so excited to reveal their games... but come on!

"First impression is the Last impression"

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
I have to say personally I'm fine with no last of us 2 trailer. I'm kinda fatigued at post apocalypse zombie games so letting it pass till 2020 is ok for me.